Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    This looks amazing but man that beard needs to go.
    Oh, it wont last the storyline! Quit your whining and let those of us who favor the face mullet enjoy it while it lasts!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Wow, that was pretty awesome man. I wasn't too hot on this title post-Doomed but now that the story is really starting to come together it's beginning to look like a return to form after the first two issues. It's like an episode of the twilight zone or something but in a new era and I'd be perfectly fine with that being the tone for this title. Kuder's monster design and sense of movement and energy really help draw men in too, the man was born to draw Superman that flashback piece was especially nice.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Always Rakzo

Solid story but I wish it would have more content.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, it wont last the storyline! Quit your whining and let those of us who favor the face mullet enjoy it while it lasts!

I have never complained ever about comics or Superman in general a day in my life. You must be thinking of someone else.

Very cool. If I had one complaint, it'd probably be that Pak needs to have Superman and Lana have a one-on-one pretty soon to air out her issues. Its been built up enough now, doesn't make sense for the occasional passive aggressive snark to go on much longer. Gotta make a break in the action, pun intended, to address it and move on.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-03-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Kuder bringing the nightmare fuel.

So the Ultrahumanite is an absorbaloff type creature that was in the Phantom Zone? Maybe?

Weird stuff. I like Hiro's inclusion - I really dig that there's both an evil Toyman and a good Toymaster in Superman's life.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Steel mentions that Doomsday died in Smallville. Was that during Doomed when Superman ripped him in half?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post

I have never complained ever about comics or Superman in general a day in my life. You must be thinking of someone else.
    Ah, my mistake sir. You greatly resemble someone I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Very cool. If I had one complaint, it'd probably be that Pak needs to have Superman and Lana have a one-on-one pretty soon to air out her issues. Its been built up enough now, doesn't make sense for the occasional passive aggressive snark to go on much longer. Gotta make a break in the action, pun intended, to address it and move on.
    I was thinking the same thing. And for a change, I'd like to see Clark stand up for himself. Normally he just hangs his head and is all full of angst over not being able to save every single person on earth. For once, I'd love to see him tell Lana, "Hey, I saved you, your boyfriend, and the entire planet against a threat literally no one else could have hoped to handle, all while fighting off a horrible monster-virus. Im sorry I couldn't save your parents, but how dare you blame me for Brainiac's actions and how dare you tell me that I have not done enough!" I want to see him bitch-slap her down for being so selfish. I know that Lana herself knows all of this intellectually (we see her acknowledge this at the start of the arc a issue or two back), I know that she doesnt *want* to blame Clark and is merely feeling her own guilt and sense of loss and projecting that only Clark. I get that. And Clark should be sympathetic. But for once, I'd like to see Clark stand up for himself when this sort of thing happens. That random chick who set off Grounded; Lois when her father "died" after OWAW.....enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Steel mentions that Doomsday died in Smallville. Was that during Doomed when Superman ripped him in half?
    Yes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyway, just finished the issue, and hot damn. This feels like the Pak we saw before Doomed hit, and I'm really loving it. Toyman is a lot of fun, though I have to wonder if he's really the most qualified person Clark could have called. Jumping through the mist, teleporting from one end to the other?Really? Was every other scientific genius on earth busy or something? It just really highlights how badly Superman needs to pull Shay Veritas out of the Phantom Zone I guess. But, despite not having any sense at all, Hiro's still a lot of fun.

Still loving the beard, though I know it wont last. Kulder draws such a badass bearded Superman I dont understand how any of you could not like it. He's friggin Aragon of the Superheroes people!

Lovely issue. Its nice to see Superman done right.

~ Black Panther.

Pak has got me so pumped for "Superman's Joker" in Batman/Superman that I'm finding it hard to get as into this arc of Action. Its strange and fun for sure, but I guess I wasn't anticipating a Cthulu/Body Snatchers type of story based on the initial solicitations for the previous issue. Hopefully it'll hook me more with each issue.

And man, can we give these poor Smallville folk a break already? Its been nonstop misery for them lately. I can't imagine Clark can take anymore tremendous guilt that's its all kinda his fault.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 12-03-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Pak has got me so pumped for "Superman's Joker" in Batman/Superman that I'm finding it hard to get as into this arc of Action. Its strange and fun for sure, but I guess I wasn't anticipating a Cthulu/Body Snatchers type of story based on the initial solicitations for the previous issue. Hopefully it'll hook me more with each issue.

And man, can we give these poor Smallville folk a break already? Its been nonstop misery for them lately. I can't imagine Clark can take anymore tremendous guilt that's its all kinda his fault.
    How *is* Batman/Superman going? I dropped it a while back; it just seemed too uneven. The initial arc was great, then there was that weird "evil alien video game controls people" thing, and that just really killed me. I refused to buy into World's Finest for the crossover, so those issues felt really weird (because I was missing chapters, but it didnt help) and I dropped it after that. Is it worth picking back up? I love me some Action Pak (its Action Pak'd! >copyright pending<) Which issue would be a good spot to come back in on?

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

How *is* Batman/Superman going? I dropped it a while back; it just seemed too uneven. The initial arc was great, then there was that weird "evil alien video game controls people" thing, and that just really killed me. I refused to buy into World's Finest for the crossover, so those issues felt really weird (because I was missing chapters, but it didnt help) and I dropped it after that. Is it worth picking back up? I love me some Action Pak (its Action Pak'd! >copyright pending<) Which issue would be a good spot to come back in on?
    I loved the opening arc of BATMAN/SUPERMAN. I skipped the video game stuff but also enjoyed the Pak/Lee issues of the World's Finest arc (the WORLD'S FINEST book itself was bad). I've stopped buying the book since. I don't feel like it has enough in each issue to justify the price, when Jae Lee is not illustrating.

Just my two and a half cents.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Good issue, though not quite back up to form yet; I have higher hopes for whatever comes after Convergence.
    Buh-bye

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Action rocks because the team of Pak and Kuder compliment each other so well. They have only been on the book a year and it already has a supporting cast that is interesting and varied. I would like to see some more Ghost soldier, I think he is a potential breakout character.
    This is a classic era of Superman for me...every book is so well done now!

Astonishing Member

This last issue he took Ardian Syaf on as his artist, and Syaf is pretty danged solid. The arc feels stronger than the handful of previous arcs because it's a bit more grounded and has a high-concept that's pretty clever and sort of hasn't been done before.

Hopefully gaining a good, reliable, strong artist will rebuild the somewhat lost momentum that B/S has had because of art delays, Jae Lee's time consuming art, fill-ins, etc ...
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com