Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Smile Marvel, baby!

Marvel has produced books this year that feature the majority of my favorite characters and many of them are solo titles! How could I not be most thankful to Marvel? That's every fans dream. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post

Marvel has produced books this year that feature the majority of my favorite characters and many of them are solo titles! How could I not be most thankful to Marvel? That's every fans dream. lol
    Quelle surprise.
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Quelle surprise.
    What I find suprising is that Image is leading the poll! And that Valiant is beating out other publishers pretty handily. Admittedly, I've been ensconced in my self-imposed Marvel enclosure to notice how other comic publishers strive. Interesting results.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Valiant definitely has the best superhero universe. But that's not comics as a whole..
    This poll certainly makes out that superhero comics are essentially the whole.

Dark Horse. very thankful for their shared world with Project Black Sky!
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

First and foremost I'm thankful to the fine folks at GrayHaven Comics... and of course Image.
    Without their publishing efforts my love for the media would have probably waned.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    What I find suprising is that Image is leading the poll! And that Valiant is beating out other publishers pretty handily. Admittedly, I've been ensconced in my self-imposed Marvel enclosure to notice how other comic publishers strive. Interesting results.
    These things usually say more about internet habits than publishers. I mean last year there was a campaign by Valiant fans to win the vote and at least one of them felt strongly enough to list the result on Valiant's wiki under awards and recognition. This year, Image is the only publisher to retweet the link to the poll so far. (EDIT: Just noticed Valiant has promoted the poll as well)

Then there is the interpretation of the question. I buy mostly DC and enjoy it, but I could just as easily picked Dark Horse for the one book of theirs I read, but that really would not tell you how Dark Horse is doing.
    Last edited by cranger; 11-29-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Image by a long way.

Incredible Member

Image gave me
    Saga
    Sex Criminals
    A voice in the Dark
    Dead @17 the Blasphemy Throne
    Morning Glories

the distinguished competitions notable titles for me being X-factor and Grayson. And a few other titles I'm most definitely dropping as the storyline has waned and following them has slowly become tantamount to a chore (mostly Avenger related titles).

Image by leaps and bounds was this years premier mainstream company (in terms of quality for my tastes)

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Fantagraphics, largely on the strength of their reprints. Plus, L&R annual is always one of the best comics of the year.

Would have liked to see Humanoids on the list. Their N American push continues to give us great translations of some classic Euro comics.
    Anything you would recommend from Fantagraphics? I have not payed attention to them this year. A lot of what they publish is too expensive for me and well, the art in their books tend to be hit or miss for my tastes. Only book that has picked my attention is Ed Piskor's Hip Hop Tree.

And Humanoids might be doing a good job, but those prices! I'm okay with collector edition's, but some affordable editions could expand their audience.

Awesome to see Image leading the poll! Deservedly so, I would say. For variety's sake I chucked in a vote for Boom! Studios, especially since they joined with Archaia their publishing slate has been all kinds of awesome. Lumberjanes, Teen Dog, The Midas Flesh are all super fun from their BoomBox imprint. Add to that their spectacular handling of licensed properties (Adventure Time, Bee & Puppycat, hopefully Planet of the Apes) and all the great stuff Archaia's been up to (The Last Broadcast, the Jim Henson properties, Feathers soon)... they're the one to watch I feel like. Enjoyed their output the most this year, frankly they won my vote just with the Jim Henson Storyteller: Witches series alone.
    Not to slight against Image obviously, because they're totally the bomb diggity. But yeah, keep it up Boom!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

2000AD: Bring back a favorite character and go utterly bonkers with him in all the right ways.

I am the least grateful for Marvel and their character changes/price increases.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Incredible Member

Only one company gets my active support and vote... Valiant!!

Valiant is just killing it... their love for comics and the characters shines through in everything that they do...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Anything you would recommend from Fantagraphics? I have not payed attention to them this year. A lot of what they publish is too expensive for me and well, the art in their books tend to be hit or miss for my tastes. Only book that has picked my attention is Ed Piskor's Hip Hop Tree.
    Arsène Schrauwen by Olivier Schrauwen
    Bumf by Joe Sacco
    Doctors by Dash Shaw
    Jim by Jim Woodring
    Megahex by Simon Hanselmann
    Nijigahara Holograph by Inio Asano
    BB