Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

This is like picking a favorite child!

I expect Image to keep on chugging. I expect Marvel to be good. I expect Valiant to be awesome. I suppose I am most thankful for DC this year since they have really pushed beyond their comfort zone with books like Grayson, Batgirl, etc.

I just read and love D C Comics Nuff Said

All-New Member

Harbinger has been absolutely brilliant, unique characters...like a fan at a comic con told me, it's what he wished the show Heroes was. X-O Manowar is amazing, a warrior from the 400s transported to modern day and possessing a super powerful suit of armor. Rai is one of the best books of the year, the art is phenomenal, and the story absorbs the reader. Archer and Armstrong is smart, funny, fast paced, and a movie is on the way. with "The Valiant" limited series coming soon, by Matt Kindt and Jeff Lemire, and new ongoing titles launching in 2015, Valiant continues to amaze and impress and expand. Marvel used to be my favorite company, but lately, all the titles, the endless crossover events, I got burned out, stopped buying over a year ago, and don't miss a thing.

bufo

Just thinking that valiant is going to be killing it next year!

Extraordinary Member

Image. I love Marvel, but this years been pretty dour.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Awesome to see Image leading the poll! Deservedly so, I would say. For variety's sake I chucked in a vote for Boom! Studios, especially since they joined with Archaia their publishing slate has been all kinds of awesome. Lumberjanes, Teen Dog, The Midas Flesh are all super fun from their BoomBox imprint. Add to that their spectacular handling of licensed properties (Adventure Time, Bee & Puppycat, hopefully Planet of the Apes) and all the great stuff Archaia's been up to (The Last Broadcast, the Jim Henson properties, Feathers soon)... they're the one to watch I feel like. Enjoyed their output the most this year, frankly they won my vote just with the Jim Henson Storyteller: Witches series alone.
    Not to slight against Image obviously, because they're totally the bomb diggity. But yeah, keep it up Boom!
    I have to agree with your comments about Boom! They've released some really amazing series this year. Fiction Squad has been amazing and is one of my favorite books out there right now. I just got into Lumberjanes and I already love it. Boom! has such a wide array of really fun titles and the art on a few titles (Fiction Squad, Fairy Quest Outcasts, I think it is?) is just absolutely gorgeous and isn't to be overlooked!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I have to agree with your comments about Boom! They've released some really amazing series this year. Fiction Squad has been amazing and is one of my favorite books out there right now. I just got into Lumberjanes and I already love it. Boom! has such a wide array of really fun titles and the art on a few titles (Fiction Squad, Fairy Quest Outcasts, I think it is?) is just absolutely gorgeous and isn't to be overlooked!
    The Woods is another great title from BOOM

It's a tie for me between Dark Horse (the Mignola-verse titles, and Usagi Yojimbo: Senso), and DC/Vertigo (Fables, Fairest, Sandman prequel, Dead Boy Detectives).

GO IMAGE!!!

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by JKingman View Post
    The Woods is another great title from BOOM
    I've been meaning to check it out but my LCS is always out. I'll have to pick up the trade soon. Glad to hear it's good!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Avatar for me... Long term I think my Avatar purchases are the only ones I will keep.

Image, and there isn't really even a close second.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

BANNED

Valiant.

definitely Valiant.

BANNED

Thank god for independent publishers period.

I went with Valiant. Because Image is King of the Indies at the moment. Love me some IDW, Boom, Avatar, Top Shelf and Dynamite as well.