Pythona - A formidable femme fatale assassin who is rarely seen but known to be very deadly. She is voiced by Jennifer Darling in "G.I. Joe: The Movie" (1987). Pythona employs a number of different organic weapons of Cobra-La, however her deadliest weapons are the claws at the end of her fingers. She can extend them at will and they drip a toxic fluid that can kill on contact or aid her in cutting through solid material (source of information: Wikipedia).

Pythona, as her snake-species referenced name implies, represents martial anxieties about mobility angst and the wrath associated with trying to defy the laws of static.

In "G.I. Joe #88: Python Patrol" (Marvel Comics), the Joes, on assignment as military advisers to the country of Wolkekuckuckland, infiltrate the country of Darklonia, where Cobra is testing a new system to make their vehicles and troops invisible to radar (source of summary: Wikia). As the title of this issue implies, the reference to a python snake is relevant in the general analysis of Cobra's mobility and motility as they apply to diabolical (and defiant) coordination schemes.

Pythona is a Cobra agent who embodies our curiosities about how terrorism schemes are connected to personal vendettas and/or physique arrogance.

She is the perfect Christmas 2014 vintage action-figure gift (if you can find it) in the wake of the recent big-screen Hollywood (USA) movie adaptations of G.I. Joe.

Cobra-La

pythona-1_1302935143.jpg