Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Red Sonja #1973 special hits comic shops today!

From CBR:

Since her fearless debut in 1973, the She-Devil with a Sword has redefined the fantasy genre thanks to the efforts of acclaimed writers including Gail Simone, Roy Thomas, Luke Lieberman, and Eric Trautmann! Joined by first-time Sonja writer Cullen Bunn and a handful of amazing artists, these titanic talents each contribute tales of derring-do to this supersized, action-packed anthology. Everyone's favorite red-tressed heroine battles monsters, rivals, and ne'er-do-wells in Hyborian adventures retro-tinted to capture the flavor of her classic comics era!
    Here's a link to some awesome preview pages!

And here also is a video showing off the new Red Sonja Premium Format 1:4 scale statue from Sideshow Collectibles that was displayed at SDCC '15!

This looks absolutely GORGEOUS. If I have the money when this comes out I think I'm going to have to snatch this up.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

no updates on the movie?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Look View Post
    no updates on the movie?
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...nds-new-778103

Nothing since February 2015. I hope it gets made, and I hope Rose will have the part again haha. It would be cool to see Sonja on the screen again, the last movie was good, but was so long ago. They could do way more with it now. They should also make a new Vampirella movie while they are at it haha. Side note, sorry.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Just read #17 and it said the next would be her last. Very sad. I'll probably drop the book. Maybe keep getting the current RS/Conan crossover.
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Internet-man View Post
    Just read #17 and it said the next would be her last. Very sad. I'll probably drop the book. Maybe keep getting the current RS/Conan crossover.
    Don't worry there will be a new Red Sonja title spinning off of Swords of Sorrow (along with a new Vampirella title and Dejah Thoris title). While Gail may not be writing it, but we don't know for sure. She is hand picking the title to do these three series, so I trust that it will be just as good as the current titles.

I read issue 17 and loved it! Such a great issue. I can't wait for 18. It is sad that it's the last issue in this series, but I am excited for the future of Red Sonja.

Red Sonja has also been amazing in Swords of Sorrow and in her cross over with Conan (so far).
    Pulls:

Whish theyd get a move on announcing the plans and teams for those new books. Wonder when theyll be solicited?

And on top of than, i wonder when Red Sonja 18/Vampirella 13 will come out. Sick of delaaaaaays....

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Whish theyd get a move on announcing the plans and teams for those new books. Wonder when theyll be solicited?

And on top of than, i wonder when Red Sonja 18/Vampirella 13 will come out. Sick of delaaaaaays....
    I agree, I believe it was said at Comic Con that we were going to get a press release soon, but it has not showed up yet haha. They could be solicited in the new year maybe? I could see them coming out in January.

Vampirella 13 is coming in August, 19th, if I recall. The Vampirella Annual is coming in September to finish that series off (sad face haha). I believe Red Sonja 18 comes in September as well. The delays were trouble some, from my understanding (at least with Vampirella) was that they put them on hold for Swords of Sorrow stuff.
    Pulls:

I haven't had a chance to read issue #17 or Red Sonja/Conan #1 yet (my shop had a delay getting Red Sonja/Conan so I'm going to go in tomorrow and hopefully be able to grab it). I'm also very bummed Gail's run is coming to a close soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I read issue 17 and loved it! Such a great issue. I can't wait for 18. It is sad that it's the last issue in this series, but I am excited for the future of Red Sonja.
    Is the entire ongoing series ending or just Gail's run? When they first announced Gail was leaving Red Sonja, I thought it was just that her run was ending and another writer would pick up where she left off and continue the series. But is the entire series ending? If so that's really too bad, but I hope Red Sonja gets another ongoing soon with a great creative team.

By the way, I don't know if you guys are following her already or not, but I HIGHLY recommend you guys check out the following Red Sonja-related social media accounts:

Instagram: @redsonjaofficial and @redsonja_comics
    Twitter: @therealredsonja

AWESOME accounts run by a truly fabulous lady. The instagram account @redsonjaofficial runs giveaways and raffles often where you have the chance to get your hands on some AWESOME Sonja swag, like limited edition variants and signed copies, and there was even a raffle a while ago for the hard-to-find, extremely sought-after Sideshow Red Sonja statue. @redsonja_comics is more of an art share Instagram, so if you're a budding artist, try to get your art featured on that account! And finally, @therealredsonja on Twitter is run by the same person!

To prove my point regarding @redsonjaofficial on Instagram: I participated in a contest a while back-- and I NEVER win anything from contests-- and I received my goodies in the mail that I won earlier today Here's a picture:

sonjaswag.jpg
    So awesome! I received a Red Sonja #7 sketch variant of the regular Frison cover (hard to see in the picture, I apologize), the special cosplay variant for Swords of Sorrow #3, and the GORGEOUS virgin art variant cover for Red Sonja #17. I also received an amazing Walter Geovani art print
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Is the entire ongoing series ending or just Gail's run? When they first announced Gail was leaving Red Sonja, I thought it was just that her run was ending and another writer would pick up where she left off and continue the series. But is the entire series ending? If so that's really too bad, but I hope Red Sonja gets another ongoing soon with a great creative team.
    At San Diego Comic Con it was said that there was going to be three new series, which are spinning out of Swords of Sorrow and making them more modern. Also it seems that Gail is going to have a hand in these series somewhat, I believe she is going to be pulling the strings, maybe, and picking the talent.

They also showed three silhouettes, with logos for each behind them. It was Vampirella, Dejah Thoris, and Red Sonja. These were silhouettes, so it was hard to tell, but each of them seemed to have new outfit/costume.

I asked Gail if Vampirella was going to be a reboot, Gail said that it was just going to bring her to the modern age. So I don't think any of these are reboots, but relaunches

Based on the panel and things we learned from Nancy it seems that Vampirella, Red Sonja and Dejah Thoris will be getting new series, we just don't know when. In my opinion it sounds like they will be getting new numbers, but we don't know for sure I guess.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-10-2015 at 03:00 AM.
    Pulls:

You think itll be a seperate Dejah Thoris series or a relaunch of Warlord of Mars?
    Cos im enjoying Ron Marz' run...

You think itll be a seperate Dejah Thoris series or a relaunch of Warlord of Mars?
    Cos im enjoying Ron Marz' run...
    In my opinion, yes, I think they would be separated. I think we are going to have Warlord of Mars, with John Carter and a Dejah Thoris solo. I could be wrong of course, but we have seen signs of Vampirella and Red Sonja ending, well more then signs, they have said it haha. We have not seen anything that hints that WoM is ending. Plus they use to have an ongoing for Dejah Thoris and a John Carter title going on at the same time, right? So I believe they will be different. I could be wrong, but I am hoping I am right, because I am loving Warlord of Mars.

Edit: Maybe we should get one giant thread for the Women of Dynamite, should I make one of those? It would cover a lot of bases haha, and we could talk about this kind of stuff there instead of the Red Sonja or Vampirella thread. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-10-2015 at 11:02 AM.
    Pulls:

Maybe. But then why exclude everything else and not just have a Dynamite thread?

But then i guess we already have a Pulp, King and Gold Key thread so... idk.

Maybe. But then why exclude everything else and not just have a Dynamite thread?

But then i guess we already have a Pulp, King and Gold Key thread so... idk.
    True, maybe a Dynamite thread would be better. But like you said, we already have one for Pulp, King and Gold key. The Women of Dynamite seen to be growing in popularity a bit, so maybe it would be a good idea. I think I may make one later today, if it dies down and no one posts in it, then oh well haha. I don't think it could do any harm.
    Pulls:

So Groupees had a chat with the Senior Editor of Dynamite. I (Dylan Davison) asked him some questions about the new series and he had this to say:

So looks like we will hear more soon, maybe. At BCC or NYCC. Which is awesome. Also these series will be here early 2016! Yay!

A bit of sad news, but good news. Looks like Warlords will be ending at issue 14. Dejah Thoris will be taking over, but we will get more John Carter stuff after a bit of Dejah Thoris, maybe, so that's hopeful!

I also asked him some stuff about Vampirella, you will be able to see this again, and the Vampirella news over at her thread.

I want to thanks Dynamite, Joe and Groupees for hosting this chat.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-10-2015 at 03:21 PM.
    Pulls:

Yay for more news about the new Red Sonja series! Thanks for asking