Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should Catwoman get another movie?

By now almost everyone knows that the Catwoman movie is one of the worst movies ever made. But should Catwoman get another chance at a movie? If they made a Catwoman movie closer to the comics, would it be good and/or successful? Does Catwoman work better as a supporting character or should she headline a solo movie?

BANNED

No more Catwoman movies. Please.

Another? I don't remember any movie bring made specifically about any Catwoman from DC Comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Personally, I long for the day we get a good solid Catwoman movie. She could easily carry her own. There's a lot of potential. It just needs a good script and a good director. Maybe if the DC Cinematic Universe takes off and she's introduced in a future Batfleck film, there will be the possibility of her finally getting a faithful adaptation of her own.

In the meantime, I'll keep enjoying the DC Showcase: Catwoman animated short.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Sure, why not?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

There are many other DC characters that deserve a first movie, let alone another vain attempt to make a success out of a failure.

Maybe if they have Hathaway's Catwoman in a movie that follows the last Batman one it would have a better chance . . .

She's probably one of the most under-utilized franchises DC owns, so yeah she does. The world needs more female-led action/superhero movies anyway. I could see something like The Bourne Identity/Oceans Eleven fitting her well.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    No more Catwoman movies. Please.
    Indeed. The whole Batfamily minus her deserves a movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe if they have Hathaway's Catwoman in a movie that follows the last Batman one it would have a better chance . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    She's probably one of the most under-utilized franchises DC owns, so yeah she does. The world needs more female-led action/superhero movies anyway. I could see something like The Bourne Identity/Oceans Eleven fitting her well.
    I'd combine your two suggestions into a Selina Kyle movie. And it has to be Nolan not Snyder.

It's a pity it won't happen because DC Comics is as shortsighted as some of the posters on this thread.
    Last edited by chipsnopotatoes; 11-29-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Selina's Big Score, which is an Oceans Eleven like story, would be a good story to use as a story/starting point for a story. Especially if they used Anne Hathway as Selina Kyle.

selina_big_score_cvr300.jpg
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 11-29-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtw95 View Post
    another? I don't remember any movie bring made specifically about any catwoman from dc comics.
    QFT 10char.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 11-29-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: meow.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Catwoman should definitely get another shot. I admit, I have never seen the Halle Berry Catwoman movie and I don't particularly plan to, but Catwoman is one of those characters that could easily carry her own film and if it's done right, I think it would be really great. There's so much potential for greatness there and so many amazing ideas and things they could do with her in a full-length film. Exploring her life through childhood might be cool, similar to what was done in Batman Begins. I also think that the current storyline from her ongoing with her as the kingpin of crime in Gotham could be a really cool movie plot.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Yes please. Anne Hathaway was awesome and I'm emo we'll never see more of her.

Sure, if they actually make one this time. The first one wasn't even Catwoman, and they slapped her name on it because "Marketing!" So... yep. I'm all in favor of her actually getting a movie.