Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII

The Ancient Fear or The Ancient Threat sounds like a working title.

AVCO has potential to be something though ...

It could be A Game of Clones or Star Wars Into Dark Side.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-06-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Maybe they are playing off something like Exar Kun from the old Tales of the Jedi series with it being an ancient Sith trapped between life and death being reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Maybe they are playing off something like Exar Kun from the old Tales of the Jedi series with it being an ancient Sith trapped between life and death being reborn.
    Hopefully not. I'm kinda tired of Sith...

Lol@A Game of Clones

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Entertainment Weekly - 'Star Wars: Episode VII': Harrison Ford and Han Solo bury the lightsaber -- ESSAY

Even more significant, Han Solo won’t just be a walk on. While Hamill and Fisher will boast strong supporting parts, Ford will join three of the young stars as one of the leads in the story, according to several sources close to the film. Bonus points to any one who gets to say to him, “She’s fast enough for you, old man.”
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/0...htsaber-essay/

Follow-up article to earlier audio interview
    http://soundcloud.com/siriusxmentert...ode-vii-script

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    Hopefully not. I'm kinda tired of Sith...
    The Jedi vs Sith is the central conflict of the Star Wars saga.

Remember, only the movies and the Clone Wars TV show are canon now. All that other stuff that created that vast universe filled with potential for other things? Didn't happen.

Jedi vs Sith

If we don't get Sith, we're guaranteed at least one saber-wielding dark-sider that may as well be a Sith. There's no way in hell they make a Star Wars movie without a lightsaber duel or two or three.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I'm really excited for the Star Wars films that will be hitting starting in 2015, I'm not going to hate on them before I see them like so many people seem to do. I'm a huge fan of the films and have collected Star Wars collectibles, including the action figures, quite extensively since the late 90's when Episode 1 hit theaters and I'm excited to see what kind of great merchandise they come up with for VII and beyond. I loved the OT when I was growing up in the 80's, I loved the PT just as much, and now I'm pumped to see what the new trilogy has to offer us true fans of the series, I am very happy that they'll finally be made.

Here's to a long and agonizing wait......

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    The Jedi vs Sith is the central conflict of the Star Wars saga.

Remember, only the movies and the Clone Wars TV show are canon now. All that other stuff that created that vast universe filled with potential for other things? Didn't happen.

Jedi vs Sith

If we don't get Sith, we're guaranteed at least one saber-wielding dark-sider that may as well be a Sith. There's no way in hell they make a Star Wars movie without a lightsaber duel or two or three.
    Just because the EU is wiped out doesn't mean the movies can't do anything new or different. I would absolutely prefer a non-sith darkside lightsaber dude or lady, hopefully morally gray as I've said before. The Sith are played out, especially in the movies. The very word 'Sith' conjures up bad memories of the prequels (since it's never mentioned in the OT).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    Just because the EU is wiped out doesn't mean the movies can't do anything new or different. I would absolutely prefer a non-sith darkside lightsaber dude or lady, hopefully morally gray as I've said before. The Sith are played out, especially in the movies. The very word 'Sith' conjures up bad memories of the prequels (since it's never mentioned in the OT).
    There is no "morally gray" where the Force is concerned in the movies. That would undermine the whole saga.

A dark-side using, lightsaber wielding bad guy is going to be a Sith in all but name, regardless. They're not even remotely "played out" and 90 percent of the people that saw the Star Wars prequels liked them just fine because they weren't particularly more invested in them than any other sci-fi action adventure movie they see.

Thus far, the only canon Star Wars that exists has ultimately been about Jedi vs. Sith. The new trilogy is highly unlikely to be different. You might get "different" in the spinoff movies, though.

BANNED

There is no "morally gray" where the Force is concerned in the movies. That would undermine the whole saga.

A dark-side using, lightsaber wielding bad guy is going to be a Sith in all but name, regardless. They're not even remotely "played out" and 90 percent of the people that saw the Star Wars prequels liked them just fine because they weren't particularly more invested in them than any other sci-fi action adventure movie they see.
    Very true, but then again I always thought that the Sith survivng and eventually thriving post ROTJ underminded the whole Chosen One to Bring Balance to the Force, thing. Probably the best idea for a post ROTJ Villain is Thrawn, or well, someone like Thrawn (since it takes 30 years into the future instead of just five years).

Hell, they are not canon anymore but I would recommend the Thrawn trilogy for those people wishing for a Grey Star Wars Villain, or just those who like good sci fi in general.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Very true, but then again I always thought that the Sith survivng and eventually thriving post ROTJ underminded the whole Chosen One to Bring Balance to the Force, thing. Probably the best idea for a post ROTJ Villain is Thrawn, or well, someone like Thrawn (since it takes 30 years into the future instead of just five years).

Hell, they are not canon anymore but I would recommend the Thrawn trilogy for those people wishing for a Grey Star Wars Villain, or just those who like good sci fi in general.
    We may well get "Sith in name only" or "Wannabe Sith." I somehow imagine they're going to be careful about making sure that Anakin's Sacrifice/The Prophecy still has weight and meaning so as not to undermine all that came before it.

But we're definitely going to have at least one lightsaber-wielding baddie. If nothing else, the marketing folks will demand it because Lightsaber duels get butts in seats and kids buying toys.

As for Thrawn? I have a sneaking suspicion (purely speculation, not based on any sort of rumor I heard anywhere else or anything) that Thrawn is going to get "canonized" in the "Rebels" animated series. Much like Quinlan Vos did in "Clone Wars" or Aayla Secura in Episode II (or prior to that, Dash Rendar's Outrider in the Special Edition of ANH). He'll be slightly different from what we had before...but familiar/recognizable enough and essentially be a bone thrown to the "old EU" fans. Heck, we might end up getting Mara Jade before all is said and done, too, but I doubt she'll marry Luke Skywalker (or even necessarily meet him).

BANNED

We may well get "Sith in name only" or "Wannabe Sith." I somehow imagine they're going to be careful about making sure that Anakin's Sacrifice/The Prophecy still has weight and meaning so as not to undermine all that came before it.

But we're definitely going to have at least one lightsaber-wielding baddie. If nothing else, the marketing folks will demand it because Lightsaber duels get butts in seats and kids buying toys.

As for Thrawn? I have a sneaking suspicion (purely speculation, not based on any sort of rumor I heard anywhere else or anything) that Thrawn is going to get "canonized" in the "Rebels" animated series. Much like Quinlan Vos did in "Clone Wars" or Aayla Secura in Episode II (or prior to that, Dash Rendar's Outrider in the Special Edition of ANH). He'll be slightly different from what we had before...but familiar/recognizable enough and essentially be a bone thrown to the "old EU" fans. Heck, we might end up getting Mara Jade before all is said and done, too, but I doubt she'll marry Luke Skywalker (or even necessarily meet him).
    Nuuuuuu! Whyyyy? You were making me smile until that last sentence.

Agree with Jmac. A morally gray Force user betrays everything the mythos has at this point set up. The closest thing to gray is a Jedi who is in the process of falling. But they don't just stay in that state in stasis. You either fall or you come back from the brink.

The closest thing to no Sith in this film would be if they just establish the idea of a sect of Dark Jedi whom do not follow the Sith philosophy thus do not use the title. But they'll be essentially the same thing; evil Force users. You're not going to see some sort of anti-hero wielding the Force and a lightsaber. That's just not how it works.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Nuuuuuu! Whyyyy? You were making me smile until that last sentence.
    Because I'm not 100 percent convinced that Luke's going to have ever gotten married or had ANY kids by the time Episode VII rolls around. Remember Lucas' old statement about the EU ("Luke never got married, etc..."). Including Mara and having her become Mara Jade Skywalker writes too much of the post-RotJ history for the current filmwriters.

As I said, I think we very well may get some EU characters sprinkled into the proceedings (and especially on Rebels where they'll have the running time to do that sort of thing), but while they'll by and large be "close enough" (Thrawn=Blue Skinned, Red-eyed military genius...but possibly not "Grand Admiral" and his species may have a different name or something. Mara=Sexy Imperial Force-Using agent with redeeming qualities...but maybe not the "Emperor's Hand") they'll also be significantly different in terms of their ultimate fates and whatnot.

Now, if Luke WAS married, I suspect they very well may leave his wife unnamed and possibly not even shown (just mentioned, and probably deceased). It'll leave some hope for EU fans...at least until they get around to inevitably writing their own NEW novels about "what happened in-between trilogies." Or possibly another animated series.

Or maybe Luke just adopted....
    Last edited by Jmacq1; 05-08-2014 at 08:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Agree with Jmac. A morally gray Force user betrays everything the mythos has at this point set up.
    I think a gray Force user is also considerably more interesting than anything the mythos has set up at this point.