Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283
Results 1,231 to 1,244 of 1244

Thread: Star Wars VII

Episode 8 news: Benicio Del Toro has been officially cast (as has been rumored for months), along with Laura Dern and Kellie Marie Tran (Known mainly for her College humor sketch work).

Curious about Dern's role. Rey's mother perhaps?

Most interesting though is what looks like the first footage from the film, although it's something we've seen before from a different angle (and spoilers for those who haven't seen the film yet!)

https://youtu.be/GQQMLE4FuIQ

BANNED

Yeah Tran....that is exactly what I dont want Finn hanging around with a character who based on their actress is mostly about jokey comic relief hijinks...Finn needs a level in badass not more comic relief...He is already the worst Lead In Star Wars History and this makes me think its going to get worse which it shouldnt because a coma after getting your ass beat repeatedly should make anyone have a personality change. Unless she is picking up all the comic relief which is good for Finn but not so great for your a first Asian lead women. They certainly didn't saddle their white women with that. I mean there is a defecting Knight of Ren rumor around but her background doesnt scream that for me.

Toro villian we already know that the only question is he does he have the Force or not.

Dern...I am thinking escaped Senator and/or Rey's Mother.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Episode 8 news: Benicio Del Toro has been officially cast (as has been rumored for months), along with Laura Dern and Kellie Marie Tran (Known mainly for her College humor sketch work).

Curious about Dern's role. Rey's mother perhaps?

Most interesting though is what looks like the first footage from the film, although it's something we've seen before from a different angle (and spoilers for those who haven't seen the film yet!)

https://youtu.be/GQQMLE4FuIQ
    Awesome news. Great additions.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yeah Tran....that is exactly what I dont want Finn hanging around with a character who based on their actress is mostly about jokey comic relief hijinks...Finn needs a level in badass not more comic relief...He is already the worst Lead In Star Wars History and this makes me think its going to get worse which it shouldnt because a coma after getting your ass beat repeatedly should make anyone have a personality change. Unless she is picking up all the comic relief which is good for Finn but not so great for your a first Asian lead women. They certainly didn't saddle their white women with that. I mean there is a defecting Knight of Ren rumor around but her background doesnt scream that for me.

Toro villian we already know that the only question is he does he have the Force or not.

Do we even know that Finn's character is meeting Tran's? I can't watch the video, but none of the text sources I've seen list Tran as being the winner of the role that was testing with Boyega.

BANNED

How the hell is Finn the worst lead in Star Wars history when he's a better character than the one he's running around with in The Force Awakens?

One, we don't know what role Tran is playing or if he'll even interact with Finn. For all we know, he's going to be another of the Knights of Ren. Until we hear more it's too early to assume anything about the new cast.

Two, please tell me how Finn is a worse lead than the completely monotone Qui-Gon who's taking a whole bunch of unnecessary risks when he's supposed to be the wise jedi. Please tell us how Finn is worse than the winy, psychopathic Anakin of Attack of the Clones whose romance with Padme is creepier than 50 Shades of Grey if you actually think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Do we even know that Finn's character is meeting Tran's? I can't watch the video, but none of the text sources I've seen list Tran as being the winner of the role that was testing with Boyega.
    Since you can't see the video, it's basically a shot of the island from a distance, the final shot of The Force Awakens from a couple of new angles, including a closeup of the side of Luke's face, and then a couple of seconds of the crew.

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Got an Episode VIII thread going here:

http://community.comicbookresources....s-Episode-VIII

^ speculate and discuss away!

E! - Daisy Ridley Is a Singer! She's Recording a Song With a ''Massive Superstar''

Who knew Daisy Ridley wanted a singing career?

The 23-year-old Star Wars: The Force Awakens star apparently has quite the pipes.

"One day on set, she just started singing and had the most beautiful voice I ever heard," Star Wars director J.J. Abrams said last night at the U.S.-Ireland Alliance's Oscar Wilde Awards, where Ridley was among this year's honorees.

Just the other day, Ridley told Abrams, "On Saturday, this weekend, she is going to record a song with an unnamed person, but let's just say a massive superstar."

What a tease!

Ridley will then present at the Oscars on Sunday before going back to the U.K. to star as Rey again in Star Wars: Episode VIII. "The other day she looked at me and said in the sweetest Daisy-est way, 'What is my life?'" Abrams said, continuing, "Daisy's life is a bit like Rey's—she's on a crazy adventure and it's just beginning."

Ridley didn't mention her singing aspirations last night, but did marvel at how much her life has changed since being cast by Abrams in the what has become the biggest box office hit in Hollywood history.

"I can never thank you enough for your faith, your patience, your kindness and your guidance throughout this crazy incredible thing," she said to Abrams.
    http://www.eonline.com/news/743534/d...sive-superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ABC Network
    Daisy Ridley stopped backstage to discuss @StarWars

28 February 2016
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ABCNetwor...10520970772480 (video)

StarWars.com - Star Wars: The Force Awakens In-Home Trailer

StarWars.com - IT’S TRUE. ALL OF IT. STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS IS COMING HOME
    THE LATEST FILM IN THE STAR WARS SAGA ARRIVES ON MULTIPLE FORMATS THIS APRIL, ALONG WITH SEVERAL RETAILER-EXCLUSIVE EDITIONS!

http://www.starwars.com/news/its-tru...is-coming-home
    Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 03-03-2016 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

Read a real cool theory about Rey that if correct would explain a lot. Basically it goes that rather than being the daughter of Luke or granddaughter of Obi Wan as most theories go she is actually the daughter / or granddaughter of Emperor Palpatine. She has the same fighting style that Palpatine showed in the prequels and it would explain why Luke left her on a desert planet. He accepted her into his academy because he believed he could teach her to be a Jedi rather than follow in her father / grandfather's footsteps. But after the massacre he knew that Snoke and the dark forces would come for her given her heritage so he had her shipped off to a far away planet where no one would find her. It also could explain why Han accepted her so quickly. He knew of what Luke did and realized who she was so he figured it was better to keep her close now that she was out and about rather than let her go her own way.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 04-05-2016 at 05:55 PM.

BANNED

Interesting theory, but fighting styles are not a genetic trait.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

So far this movie is the third highest grossing movie ever made. I wished it had made it to #1 like Disney hoped it would be because I think Avatar is over rated.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Amazing Member

Me too. It was only 100 mil away from Titanic and couldn't quite reach it.

I really recommend people pick up Rey's Survival Guide if you had any interest in the movie at all, particularly about Jakku and Rey. Bloodline by Claudia Gray (set ~6 years before The Force Awakens) and Star Wars: Before The Awakening are also the best fictionalized storytelling canonical tie-ins.