Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    The difference is daredevil the comic always bleeps the curse words. Alias the comic did not. The very first word in the comic was the f word said repeatedly by one of her clients.
    I strongly doubt that has any bearing on what's in the TV/Netflix shows. There was swearing in the DD show, well beyond what you'd ever hear in a DD comic, but they very conspicuously stopped short of the "F-word." Given that these shows are all interlinked, I would expect that boundary to hold firm across them all.

Fantastic Member

For those wondering who stick was talking to in that episode, I just re-read this week (after watching daredevil last week) Frank Miller's "Man without Fear". There's a panel is almost identical to that scene and so probably answers the question.
    *googles*
    found it:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SRk_ljkUAZ...tickStone.jpeg
    Last edited by VJ.; 04-18-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    For those wondering who stick was talking to in that episode, I just re-read this week (after watching daredevil last week) Frank Miller's "Man without Fear". There's a frame is almost identical to that scene and so probably answers the question.
    *googles*
    found it:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SRk_ljkUAZ...tickStone.jpeg
    Yep, figured that was Stone
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yep, figured that was spoilers:
    Stone
    end of spoilers
    I thought typing it might count as a spoiler...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yep, figured that was Stone
    He's identified as Stone in the closing credits.

BANNED

speaking of Stone anyone think she can have another marvel role. i'm thinking she might play madusa or dazzler.

Mighty Member

Mike Colter On LUKE CAGE, AKA JESSICA JONES And IRON FIST

While promoting the release of Halo: Nightfall on blu-ray and DVD, this interview with star Mike Colter appeared to slip in under the radar. While the article primarily focused on Colter's role as Agent Locke in 'Nightfall' and the forthcoming Halo 5: Guradians, the veteran actor also talked in-depth about his turn as Marvel blue-collar superhero, Luke Cage.

On his role in AKA Jessica Jones, Colter stated that Cage and Krysten Ritter's Jessica Jones will have a history, prior to where the show initially drops viewers. "I don't want to give too much away about how much he's involved in the 'A.K.A Jessica Jones' show but Jessica and Luke Cage have a history and a relationship. I don't how much will be revealed in the actual series, but yes, I play an integral part."

On what separates the Marvel Netflix heroes from their film counterparts in The Avengers, Colter hit the nail on the head. "There will be action in [the Netflix shows] but these characters are trying to live normal lives, unlike some of the other characters in the Marvel cinematic universe. Those [Marvel movie characters] are first and foremost superheroes that are on a large platform. They've saved the world. But these [Netflix TV show] characters are really trying to focus on their neighborhood and New York City. It's a smaller story we're trying to tell."

On Cage specifically, Colter says that he keeps his cards very close to the chest. "I wouldn't say he's the strong and silent type -- he does talk when he has something to say, it's just that he plays things close to his chest and he's not one to reveal too much right away. From what I've read, he seems to be a nuanced character with a lot of layers and a lot of secrets."

Just like fans, Colter is also anxious to learn who Marvel will cast for Iron Fist, the final member of The Defenders team. "I think the person that they'll cast as Iron Fist will be someone hopefully who is not a tremendous fan. I like the idea that the actors that are cast in these iconic roles aren't so close to the material and they're not such fanboys that they're wrapped up in the idea. Because the idea of it and the actual execution of it can be so far apart."

While Colter notes that he hopes the actor cast as Iron Fist is not a comic book or Iron Fist fan per se, he did read comics when he was younger. "I've dabbled. I did read comic books growing up and I did play some games but I don't spend copious amounts of hours doing either. I'm a man of moderation. I think a little bit of everything is OK but when you do too much of anything it becomes dangerous."
    Source

I hope that the Defenders still leaves room for more seasons of the individual characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that the Defenders still leaves room for more seasons of the individual characters.
    Making lot of money will leave room for more seasons.

I'd like to see Frank get introduced in the Defenders as a wild card then get his own show.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Making lot of money will leave room for more seasons.
    how is money even measured when these are no-ads shows?

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Since women of color are not good enough for movies, I'd like to see the Daughter of Dragons and White Tiger in one of those series.
    same, it would be nice to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how is money even measured when these are no-ads shows?
    Subscriptions and renewals.

Just finished the series yesterday. I think Marvel really did a good job on it. It was such a good story that I sometimes forgot I was watching a show about a superhero.

The cast overall is great, but Vincent D'Onofrio was amazing as Kingpin. That scene in I think episode 4 or 5 (I watched them over about 48 hours so they all blur together a bit) when he looks like he is restraining choking the crap out of Wesley and then flips the table over was awesome. He looks like a guy fighting the urge to kill people all the time. Great cast. Great villain.

Also really liked the little details. The heroin logos look an awful lot like the Steel Serpent's Dragon Tattoo from Iron Fist.

Speaking of Iron Fist....Come on Marvel...don't give me something awesome like Daredevil and make me wait more than a year for Iron Fist. I can see him fitting perfectly into this Street Level Hero world they are building on Netflix.