Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: The Shadow, #25

FINAL ISSUE!!! The Zombie Queen of Chinatown and her undead horde have the city in a death's grip, and the Shadow knows that he cannot defeat them alone. Only with the help of his entire network of aides and associates is there a chance that he can save the city.

Full article here.

This arrived today (It takes a while to get to the Grim North). Love the Batman retro cover on the Alex Ross version. Inside the artwork had a Shadow that looked like The Shadow which was a bonus. Sad to see this title go, I'd have preferred Dynamite to keep a single title going rather than spin out derivatives (ie the Midnight In Moscow that is on its way), that would at least make it easier to catch.
    Also, The Shadow is a natural being with supernatural powers and this isn't really brought out in the mags when it seems to me to be a key element of the character.
    That said I hope Dynamite keep publishing The Shadow, better he's in print than locked away in Conde Nast's vaults.

Just went and picked up issue #24 and #25 today (I originally passed on #24, but decided to give in) . . . this has been a very uneven title for both writing and artwork, so if they do just decide to do mini-series / specials instead, that may work out better for me.

Loved the cover (Detective Comics #27 homage)

For me, the story itself was . . . okay, and the artwork was mediocre-to-okay. Still sad to see this is wrapping up, but we'll just have to wait to see what the future holds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    this has been a very uneven title for both writing and artwork
    yeah. Garth Ennis' arc was probably the best one overall. i also liked the artist the book had in the end.

i'm almost certain there will be a Volume 2 of the ongoing down the line.