Question The system Lords vs The Galactic Empire

basically what the title says.

1, During Ra's reign as supreme system lord

2, Sokar uses an ancient device to flee into the unknown regions post exile, spends two thousand years building his forces and his domain until it was what it was during the series and decides to attack the unknown regions post Endor.

3, Apophis after he absorbed Sokars forces and the rest of the system lords

4, Anubis as Supreme system lord

5, Ba'al possessed Adria leads the system lords

bonus match up: Replicators are defeated early on Asgard fixes their cloning issues and with new vitality they show up in one of their old protected galaxies to find it overrun by a tyrannical armada under the control of Palpatine..a few weeks after the battle of Yavin Thor order Palpatine to immediately surrender power or failing that cede all territory outside of the core worlds to the Rebel alliance or face destruction. When rebuffed Thor sends a fleet of 12 O'neil class starships backed up by 16 Daniel Jacksons and about 60 Balisknirs to aid the rebel fleet.

Hows this go?

BANNED

Pretty good matches. Stuff in Stargate varies *wildly* in power level and technology, I always thought that show was pretty good about showing what an actual "stomp" between two opposing but vastly disparate forces would look like.

A single Ha'tak can end civilization on a planet. (and *did so*, in at least one alternate timeline) Based on their showings, they have firepower pretty similar to a Star Destroyer. The Goa'uld had thousands of those things. The hyperdrive in Stargate varies alot in speed, too. Typically it took Goa'uld about a year to cross the entire galaxy (at least, at the beginning of the series) although I think they were getting around faster by the end. So, they'd make alot of trouble for the empire, but they wouldn't have the kind of strategic mobility that Star Wars ships have. (which can cross the galaxy in about a day.)

At least in the first scenario, it would come down to massive cat-and-mouse running battles with Fleets of Star Destroyers trying to mass large enough forces of ships at where they guess the Goa'uld fleets will be, to destroy them instead of getting destroyed.

With the later Goa'uld scenarios, they each had Apophis's flagship. If it has the finished weapon (I forget it's name, the ones that can destroy entire fleets) then the empire is screwed. They won't be able to lay a finger anywhere that ship is present. Of course, there is only one of them.

With the Asgard, it's a whole new ballgame. Asgard ships are absurdly more powerful than Goa'uld ships. A single one of the older kind of battleship was enough to send entire Goa'uld fleets running in fear. (with reason, we see one of them effortlessly smashing a Hatak fleet that tried to stay and fight) They can tank as much damage, as well: The Odyssey and Daedelus were given the same kind of shields as those ships (at first) and they could hang out near the photosphere of stars for extended durations.

The Daniel Jackson type ships were even more powerful, and the O'Neill ships even moreso, along with having those Asgard-beam weapons, which were able to kill previously unkillable threats and one-shot anything else in that universe. (all the human B-304 Daedelus cruisers have those now, which is the main reason that deterrance is possible even though we only have like 10 cruisers and the Lucian Alliance basically inherited the entire System Lord stock of ships. )

There's also the fact that even the oldest Asgard ship can cross the galaxy in a few hours, and get to nearby galaxies in days. The newer ones were able to return from other galaxies in minutes.

Give the rebel alliance a surge of nearly 100 ships like this? They've basically now got an unstoppable spearhead of ships that the Empire can't touch, that can go around smashing Imperial Infrastructure at will, and that the Empire's fleets can't catch. If you had a good admiral leading them, you could win the war in a few weeks.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
    snip scenario
    New canon or Legends/old canon continuity?

I mean... in either case the Goa'uld face monumental disadvantages in terms of manpower and industry, but just how ridiculous things get depends on the relevant universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post

I mean... in either case the Goa'uld face monumental disadvantages in terms of manpower and industry, but just how ridiculous things get depends on the relevant universe.
    I always assume the current canon, not the EU.

Somewhat, yes. Goa'uld can also swell their numbers very rapidly, however. They also have the potential to steal alot of the Empire's resources or even fleets, if they start infiltrating Empire commanders and turning them into Goa'uld.

The vast majority of all Star Destroyers were built at Kuat Drive Yards, also. I know where I would head if I were Apophis and I had my Dakara-Superweapon-Super-Flagship and a few thousand Ha'tak, and an itch to try and eliminate my biggest rivals.

Destroy Kuat, and the Empire's ability to replenish it's numbers is suddenly rather crippled.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    I always assume the current canon, not the EU.

Somewhat, yes. Goa'uld can also swell their numbers very rapidly, however. They also have the potential to steal alot of the Empire's resources or even fleets, if they start infiltrating Empire commanders and turning them into Goa'uld.

The vast majority of all Star Destroyers were built at Kuat Drive Yards, also. I know where I would head if I were Apophis and I had my Dakara-Superweapon-Super-Flagship and a few thousand Ha'tak, and an itch to try and eliminate my biggest rivals.

Destroy Kuat, and the Empire's ability to replenish it's numbers is suddenly rather crippled.
    That was Anubis not Apophis, nice summary though

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post

The canon one obviously