BANNED

Default The Comix Thread! For Underground and Alternative Collectors

I love old underground comix and alternative comix and I hope some of you do, too. Let's talk about everything from Zap to Zippy here, and show off your new finds.

To start the discussion, what are your favorites? What do you have in your collection? Show us your recent purchases.

My favorite by far is The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, I like anything by Gilbert Shelton. And I do have a large collection of that specific titles as well as a few other gems like It Ain't Me Babe. My collection is not as large as I would like it to be and I don't really have any rare issues in their original format.

Also just a few days ago I found a really nice issue of Dopin' Dan 3. Looks like it was just published. It was in a comic shop's $1 a pound box, so I think I got a good deal on it.

My current favorite is Simon Hanselmann's Megg, Mogg & Owl. Hanselmann self-publishes it through his tumblr sites and recently Fantagraphics picked it up and published a collection titled Megahex.
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 09-25-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    BB

All-New Member

Yep, I love the Hanselmann comics too. Stoner comedy very much in the vein of the classic undergrounds.

I picked up Zap #14 the other day at a convention. Apart from Gilbert Shelton undergrounds don't turn up that often where I live. I did pick up #1 and #2 of Air Pirate Funnies for a couple of quid a couple of years ago though. They had been put in the Disney section!