Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1072

Perhaps you could buy the rights to do an additional, short-form mini-series? Presumably, if you've . Limit it to just one additional title at a time, so nobody balloons above 3 a month to something unmanageable, and something like 4-5 issues maximum to keep it from becoming an ongoing in all but name. Could be an event series, could just be a mini for a character or team that hasn't been showing up, or a spin-off mini from one of your ongoings...

I love the idea of rewards. In order of preference for me, 4, 2, 1, and 3. Number 4 especially because Clark and I had a HUGE story planned a while back. But I'm down with anything that's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lorec View Post
    I love the idea of rewards. In order of preference for me, 4, 2, 1, and 3. Number 4 especially because Clark and I had a HUGE story planned a while back. But I'm down with anything that's fun.
    The big story I referenced maaaaaay just be a spin on that old idea so yeah, big fan of #4 if it means collaborating on it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Excellent input. The line wide event was my personal favorite too, so that will definitely be a reward option!

I like the miniseries idea too H-E-D.

I thought more people would like the character variant cover option as a way to proclaim victory - but looks like it’s the least popular!

So, what do you think are appropriate accomplishments to trigger the various rewards?

For example, I think it’d have to be more than one month of top sales to get the line-wide event reward, otherwise we’d be oversaturated with line-wide events every month -cough-Marvel-cough-. Is three months as top seller fair?
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Excellent input. The line wide event was my personal favorite too, so that will definitely be a reward option!

I like the miniseries idea too H-E-D.

I thought more people would like the character variant cover option as a way to proclaim victory - but looks like it’s the least popular!

So, what do you think are appropriate accomplishments to trigger the various rewards?

For example, I think it’d have to be more than one month of top sales to get the line-wide event reward, otherwise we’d be oversaturated with line-wide events every month -cough-Marvel-cough-. Is three months as top seller fair?
    Perhaps awarding a point and having costs for various rewards. Three wins for a line-wide event, maybe.

For non-event minis, I think it would be appropriate to have it be a reward for consecutive submissions in the same vein as the added character slot option. So if I get in [X] amount of solicits for Book A, I earn the option for Mini-Series B based on having proved I can actually deliver it, if that makes sense.

I make enough promo art as it is already haha.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 07-09-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Perhaps awarding a point and having costs for various rewards. Three wins for a line-wide event, maybe.
    A point system might be a great idea...it would allow the plotter to pick their reward, and then nobody is shoehorned into a reward they don't want. Then each plotter can either "cash in" for something small (extra character) or save up for something big (line wide event).

*Just an example*

Lead in sales, earn 1 point. Get submissions in on time for a predetermined period get 1 point.
    3 points = add a non-DC character for 3-6 issues
    5 points = ?
    10 points = Line Wide Event
    15 points = Launch a new title

Something along those lines. Just spitballing, of course.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I like the idea of Wonder Woman hanging out at the beach.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I’m liking this point system. Seems practical and enticing! Like my local sandwich shop. I can spend points on extra meat or a cookie, or I can save up for the big free footlong!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I like the idea of Wonder Woman hanging out at the beach.
    Wonder Woman will be plotted by H-E_D who always delivers what buyers want, so there’s a strong possibility the first issue might involve Diana battling UV rays on the shore!

That said, there’s always room for you to participate Sandy!
    Last edited by Exciter; 07-09-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I’m liking this point system. Seems practical and enticing! Like my local sandwich shop. I can spend points on extra meat or a cookie, or I can save up for the big free footlong
    Exactly. The best footlong is the one you earn after all! lol

But seriously, you're doing good work here Exciter, keeping the lights on. Nice job.

So, I just had a question I was thinking about...Next Dawn is fresh continuity, right? Are we working from a base DC history? I mean, I'm assuming we aren't starting literally at day 1 because of the characters chosen, so I imagine we're working off a basic history set (Supes died, Crises happened, Knightfall, etc)...are we going with general accepted continuity, or are we basing it off of Rebirth, or something else entirely?

I'd hate to mention continuity in Legends if, say, Action was retelling that story you know? I suppose we could just pm plotters and double check, but figured I'd toss it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    So, I just had a question I was thinking about...Next Dawn is fresh continuity, right? Are we working from a base DC history? I mean, I'm assuming we aren't starting literally at day 1 because of the characters chosen, so I imagine we're working off a basic history set (Supes died, Crises happened, Knightfall, etc)...are we going with general accepted continuity, or are we basing it off of Rebirth, or something else entirely?

I'd hate to mention continuity in Legends if, say, Action was retelling that story you know? I suppose we could just pm plotters and double check, but figured I'd toss it out there.
    I think what is and isn’t in continuity for a character is going to be down to the plotter that controls a character. For example, Superman is going to use Johns’ Secret Origins as Superman’s origin story and the continuity is going to be the same as Rebirth up to before Bendis’ run.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I like the point system but I am not a fan of adding non-DC characters to the universe.

How about the 3 or 5 point marks allows a plotter to switch a character they have with a new character that isn’t already owned.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I think what is and isn’t in continuity for a character is going to be down to the plotter that controls a character. For example, Superman is going to use Johns’ Secret Origins as Superman’s origin story and the continuity is going to be the same as Rebirth up to before Bendis’ run.
    Ok, that sounds great and is also the simplest. Basically, if we're curious, just go straight to the source and ask them what's happened. Good call.

I figured this was probably the best route, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something already stated.

Indeed, a swap option will definitely be included as a reward.

And Deku’s spot-on regarding continuity. Imagine there was just a crisis and we’re rebooting. You’ll have the basics of a character, and plotters can play with that however they want!