Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Next Dawn makes a lot of sense
    It’s succinct and unlike my solicits, gets right to the point!

If this is a full on reboot, I think Next Dawn is a fine choice. Also, is there going to be a brand new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by lorec View Post
    If this is a full on reboot, I think Next Dawn is a fine choice. Also, is there going to be a brand new thread?
    Looks like Next Dawn is a winner!

I hate to lose the nearly 60 pages (since it makes me feel cool), but since I can’t edit those first pages I think yes, we will launch a new “bullpen” thread. I think we’ll do that after the draft when everything is set up and ready for “Next Dawn.”
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I shall also concur with "Next Dawn".

Sounds good to me.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Last day to get in on the character draft for the launch of the “Next Dawn!” If you want it, get in!

So far for the draft, I have:

H-E-D - 2 titles
    Lee Stone - 2 titles
    Exciter - 2 titles
    Clark_Kent - 1 title (and another special Elseworlds title to be announced as Leftovers)
    CaptCleghorn - 1 (maybe 2) titles
    Deku - 2 titles
    Lorec- 1 (maybe 2) titles
    Power Torch - (Maybe 1 or 2 titles)
    Global Honored - 1 title
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Last day to get in on the character draft for the launch of the “Next Dawn!” If you want it, get in!
    CaptCleghorn - 1 (maybe 2) titles
    Confirm me for only ONE title.

Is the draft tomorrow (Monday)? Or are we still looking at a few days?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Is the draft tomorrow (Monday)? Or are we still looking at a few days?
    If all goes according to plan, it starts tomorrow.

Next Dawn Draft Day is upon us!

As promised, I randomized a list of everyone who committed to the draft for one title.

Then I randomized a list of everyone who committed to the draft for a second title. I included the “maybes” - it you were a maybe and now decide you only want to draft for one title, let us all know and we’ll skip your second turn.

So with that complete, we now have the draft order! Here it is:

1. Lee Stone
    2. Clark_Kent
    3. Deku
    4. Lorec
    5. H-E-D
    6. Exciter
    7. Power Torch
    8. Global Honored
    9. CaptCleghorn
    10. H-E-D
    11. Lorec
    12. Power Torch
    13. Lee Stone
    14. Exciter
    15. Deku

If you need a refresher on the rules, here’s a link to my post from earlier:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4417651

So remember what we’re looking for in the first round of the draft: the title of your book, your creative team (writer and artist), your first DC comics character, and, if you feel like adding it, a brief elevator pitch of your premise. So first round should look something like this example:

BIRDS OF PREY, Chuck Dixon (writer), Alex Ross (art); Batgirl (Barbara Gordon). Premise: Female heroes fight crime in Gotham City.

In subsequent rounds of the draft, you will add two characters each turn until every title has 13 characters total (to be divided between main, supporting, and antagonists at your discretion).

Keep track of your turn, and post your selections after the person ahead of you does. Obviously, you can’t pick anyone that already got picked. I’ll try and keep a list of everyone who got drafted as we go along.

I know people operate on different schedules and post frequencies, and I want to make sure everyone gets a chance to get the characters they want. That said, I also want to keep the momentum and excitement of the draft going. So, you’ll have a maximum of two days to make your draft choice when you’re up. If you don’t post within two days, you will unfortunately forfeit your turn and the draft must move on. I’ll try and nudge you via direct message when you’re up if you’re not fast on the draw.

Remember, if you don’t participate in the draft or get skipped, there will still be the LEFTOVERS option at the end - and we all know leftovers can be tasty.

If you’re on the outside and see the draft going and decide you want in (and why wouldn’t you?), let me know ASAP and I might be able to add you to the rotation.

So now, without further adieu, let the draft commence!

First up: the inimitable Lee Stone! Who you got, sir?

I'm excited to get cracking! This is going to be fun.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Absolutely...who/whom is going to go #1???!!!???

And where’s Kiper & McShay at...

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Absolutely...who/whom is going to go #1???!!!???

And where’s Kiper & McShay at...
    Ha! No kidding...and just wait til you see who goes at #2, it's gonna shake up some draft boards for sure

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Power Torch and lorec?
    It's like a reunion!

And welcome back, Global!
    Hope things are settling down for ya.
    Haha, it is. This is very exciting!

Also hey all, sorry I haven't posted her yet! Excited to be back. I have some more free time now, outside of my normal writing, so I'm glad to make a return.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Such suspense.