Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Hey guys! I was wondering if i could get some advice on something. So here's my question. Which DC characters do you think would work best in an Lovecraftian-inspired universe?
    Aquaman. Almost any magic character. The Doom Patrol. Animal Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Aquaman. Almost any magic character. The Doom Patrol. Animal Man.
    Hey guys! I was wondering if i could get some advice on something. So here's my question. Which DC characters do you think would work best in an Lovecraftian-inspired universe?
    Doctor Fate
    Swamp Thing
    John Constantine
    The Dibneys
    Deadman
    Doom Patrol
    Raven
    Zatarra

Pretty much the Cursed Line characters

I would dig a Lovecraftian Gotham story, like in Exciter’s idea

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Clear up some inbox space Shaggy!
    Sorry, will clear it out now. Plz resend

The best characters to throw into Lovecraftian horror are the ones that have no idea what they're getting into and have no magic or superpowers to aid them against the eldritch abominations.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

How would I go about a last minute name change for a series that hasn’t debuted yet? Came up with a name more fitting for my newest “war comic” series than what I had originally...

680C081A-2689-4937-9081-9A35250E3947.jpg

Also, has DC New Dawn ever done a Crisis-level event? Because I had a fun idea for a crossover somewhere down the line.
    Last edited by Colt Cape; 11-03-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The best characters to throw into Lovecraftian horror are the ones that have no idea what they're getting into and have no magic or superpowers to aid them against the eldritch abominations.
    I think this makes a lot of sense, I will double down on The Dibneys fitting in to this role.
    Non ghost Dibs that is.

Or sticking with a stretchy character, Plastic Man. He had a knack for getting his hands on things that weren’t his (in a past life as criminal Eel) and maybe he picks up an item he is completely out of his element dealing with.

We’ve done a few Crisis level events and seen some reboots over our many years. We’ve done voluntary line-wide events with some regularity. They’re usually fun.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Yes, before Thanos was mainstream thanks to Avengers movies, he invaded the New Dawn Universe from AOM in hopes of winning the love of Death (Neil Gaiman goth chick version) but the universe(s) were saved thanks to a united effort spearheaded by.....Lex Luthor!?!?

I think The Question would be a cool pick. I'd imagine him following up on a conspiracy and stumbling backwards into Lovecraftian cosmic horror.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Can't believe JLW is a top-seller, hopefully I can keep it going. Can't wait for Justice League: Men of War, Watchmen, and Suicide Squad to drop!
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think The Question would be a cool pick. I'd imagine him following up on a conspiracy and stumbling backwards into Lovecraftian cosmic horror.
    Good call

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Can't believe JLW is a top-seller, hopefully I can keep it going. Can't wait for Justice League: Men of War, Watchmen, and Suicide Squad to drop!
    Grats

Amazing Member

So are there any requirements to be writing for these? I'm kind of interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    November titles will be posted this weekend. Alot of great creative new titles and some surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxander12 View Post
    So are there any requirements to be writing for these? I'm kind of interested.

Hi Thaxnder12. If you can plot a monthly title and would like to partake in DC New Dawn continuity, just pm me what title/concepts you are interested in and we will take it from there.