Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

I watched the Justice League Unlimited which was awesome. The only thing from Marvel I really liked was the Avengers: EMH. After two awesome seasons, they decided to cancel it in favor of Avengers: Assemble which more closely resembled the Avengers team as seen in the movies, and that was the problem. They replaced Ms. Marvel with the Black Widow! Not to mention, the voice acting and overall writing was very terrible and one dimensional. There was absolutely no difference between how the individual characters talked. Everyone had the same boring, dull voice.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    I watched the Justice League Unlimited which was awesome. The only thing from Marvel I really liked was the Avengers: EMH. After two awesome seasons, they decided to cancel it in favor of Avengers: Assemble which more closely resembled the Avengers team as seen in the movies, and that was the problem. They replaced Ms. Marvel with the Black Widow! Not to mention, the voice acting and overall writing was very terrible and one dimensional. There was absolutely no difference between how the individual characters talked. Everyone had the same boring, dull voice.

Although I prefer Avenger EMH and wish they continue that line.... the later episode of Avengers Assemble is getting better , I'm actually excited to see the rest of Squadron Supreme/Sinister show up..

And I didn't think Hulk vs Thor was bad I actually kind of enjoyed it
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 12-24-2014 at 11:30 AM.

I just watched Planet Hulk and it was good. However, DC animated stuff seems to have more lasting impression. I like a lot of animated stuff that Marvel had going before the switch to Disney-created stuff.

-90s X-Men Animated Show
    -Spectacular Spider-Man
    -Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I really don't like any aspects of Avengers Assemble or Ultimate Spider-Man, but I chalk that up to Disney trying to get a younger audience. Maybe they are right or maybe they are wrong, but in all honesty, I know a few kids and I don't hear any of them gushing about how awesome the DC animated stuff was. I think it's mainly adults like me who loved the DC stuff when we were young. Maybe the kids who are watching AA or USM will grow up and say "Man, they don't make awesome animated stuff like AA or USM anymore"

Who knows?

I like what Marvel did with the Funhouse productions, but man...the actual execution were average at best (Avengers Confidential: Punisher & Black Widow) to confusing at worst (Iron Man: Rise of the Technovores). The animated series with Blade, Wolverine, X-Men and Iron Man, I've only seen the X-Men stuff and that was just atrocious. I have no idea what was going on.

I was hoping that Marvel being under Disney would lead to better animated stuff. I haven't seen Big Hero 6 yet, so I don't know how good it is. I hope if it is considered successful, it might lead to more Marvel stuff being animated into movies.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Is it me or has the maturity level of superhero cartoons declined in the last decade or so? People say Marvel is writing their new cartoons to appeal to kids, but weren't the old cartoons written to appeal to kids to?

All Space should be animated. They should do the Kree/Skrull War.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Is it me or has the maturity level of superhero cartoons declined in the last decade or so? People say Marvel is writing their new cartoons to appeal to kids, but weren't the old cartoons written to appeal to kids to?
    Although old cartoon were written to appeal kids the subject matter was appealing enough for adults .. now it seems all flash no substance..

As a more of a Marvel fan I can dare say Season 2 of Young Justice was pretty awesome didn't care for Season 1
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 12-26-2014 at 04:49 PM.

BANNED

Yeah the old cartoons were written for kids. Unlike the older stuff, you really get the feeling the people making the new Avengers cartoon have contempt for kids.

Incredible Member

Pretty much. I can see sparks of mature storytelling with shows like Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spiderman and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. but unfortunately there seems to be a quota that needs to be filled each episode regarding cutaway gags and fart jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Pretty much. I can see sparks of mature storytelling with shows like Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spiderman and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. but unfortunately there seems to be a quota that needs to be filled each episode regarding cutaway gags and fart jokes.
    The worst parts about the Spidey and Hulk toons are all the speeches about "responsibility & team work" That is what really gets old quick.

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    The worst parts about the Spidey and Hulk toons are all the speeches about "responsibility & team work" That is what really gets old quick.
    I can't attest to that with USM, but for sure with HATAOS.

Bit too much need to structure around a lesson, and that lesson at the end...ahhh.

Can do this stuff a bit less on the nose, gentler, all that.

Avengers Assemble - fairly good, from the start, and getting better.

Even moreso with Season 2, with more depth, more heartfelt moments, especially between Tony and Arsenal, or with Bucky and Steve, all that. Just...works.

Left wondering how it could be come Season 3, and if, indeed, Quicksilver, Vision and Scarlet Witch could arrive before Age Of Ultron, or at least during Season 2.

Blockbuster Buster of the Channel Awesome crew reviews each Marvel animated film (minus Iron Man: RoT and Avengers Confidential).

http://channelawesome.com/honest-rev...imated-movies/

It's worth noting that he seemed to enjoy both Heroes United films over half of the other features.