It's already in the works, according to today's interviews. 1953 will be two stories, the first a two-parter, the second a three-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mingola
The second arc which is two issues... Two-issues lead off Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1953 They'll be two issues by me and three by yet to be determined, by a different creative team. I will have my hand in on, I'd like to think, everything, either doing real co-plotting or editorial. There's certain things I want to see in this series and there's other places where I just want a great story to fill in that hole. Because Hellboy does become an agent at the end of '52, according the the Hellboy Companion, Hellboy and Bruttenholm go to England, for about, I think it's about 6 months. It's a significant chunk of Hellboy's life where it's sort of a father and son outing where they encounter various supernatural things in England. That folklore and that mythology... I love old English ghost stories. I really wanted to write those myself, even though I have other things I should be doing. I said "No no no. I need to do the Hellboy in England chapter." I'll be writing that. I have a million ideas for stories, so in the future, I may collaborate with somebody or I may step in and write things along the way, but my focus has to be the Hellboy in Hell stuff because that's going way too slow.
Furthermore...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mingola
And we're going to have rotating creators in this Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. thing. I know who's drawing the first half of Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1953, but I don't know who's drawing the second half. I don't know who's writing the second half of it.
Scott Allie said in a podcast that the two-part story would come out mid next year.