Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yes I do. Maybe not the bikinis but I'd love to see the costume brought to life. We have the FF Spider-man, avengers superman and batman able to wear colorful costumes. I want wolverine with a mask I want cyclops maybe in a varient of the jim lee look I want my super hero's on screen. Not whatever is the fox version.
    They tried Wolverine's mask. There was nothing they could do that it didn't just look ridiculous.

Yes I do. Maybe not the bikinis but I'd love to see the costume brought to life. We have the FF Spider-man, avengers superman and batman able to wear colorful costumes. I want wolverine with a mask I want cyclops maybe in a varient of the jim lee look I want my super hero's on screen. Not whatever is the fox version.
    So, the Fox version is not super hero... interesting thought. Maybe they're not superhero, they're just a group of mutants who try to fit to the society. A society that hate them. So, the Brotherhood in this case is not supervillain either. They're just a group of mistreated mutants that want to exact vengeance to the world. That actually an interesting and intriguing thought.

Though, in my opinion, superheroes are not defined by their costume. If Cap. America try to save the world in civilian costume, he's still a superhero to me. Like what superman does in his last movie, he is a super hero even when he still wearing civilian costume. As long as they have a super/extraordinary power and they do a hero works, they are superheroes.

I dont care if they're wearing this :

or wearing this :
    xmen.jpg.

or even this :

they're still superheroes to me.

And for people who keep on banging about Fox's affinity to Wolverine, well do you really believe that Marvel won't do the same? If Marvel owns the right to X-men movies, we would be seeing "X-men 17 : Wolverine do something again".
    Last edited by veriaqa; 12-02-2014 at 06:02 PM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm just saying I want to see what marvel could do with the characters
    X-Men Forever

Since the movie X-men would be under the control of the guy who trashed the X-books for pet-peeve, I don't think I want to see that. The less input Joe Q has the better things are

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Me to at least to see how the resolts of attempt would work, at best I just OK with how
    Fox is doing The X movies.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Nope. I abhor when the X-Men work with most of the other established heroes and the crazy lackluster crossovers: I don't want to see that in film. The X-Universe has enough characters, stories and life to sustain an entire cinematic universe separate from the MCU (in fact, the X-Men alone have what the other marvel properties have when combined completely).

NO THANKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post

And for people who keep on banging about Fox's affinity to Wolverine, well do you really believe that Marvel won't do the same? If Marvel owns the right to X-men movies, we would be seeing "X-men 17 : Wolverine do something again".
    Those people obviously haven't picked up a comic in the last 10 years.
    Last edited by Goddess; 12-02-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Since the movie X-men would be under the control of the guy who trashed the X-books for pet-peeve, I don't think I want to see that. The less input Joe Q has the better things are
    Too be fair, if Marvel did have the rights to X-Men, it would get more prominence and respect from Marvel. This is a business decision and Marvel has always been a business, it was never some art house studio. It would nice though, if Fox and Disney got along and made a deal to co produce some films, but that hasn't happened yet and likely never will.

Hey it could be worse, Marvel has cancelled the Fantastic Four and we still have not gotten a good FF movie. At least Fox didn't turn Magneto into a tycoon or a hacker or something. Sure the X-Men movies have been hit or miss, but some super heroes never get a good movie. I also hope X-Men Apocalypse will give characters like Cyclops and Storm a chance to shine on the Silver screen, which they lacked in the previous movies.

An Avengers movie with Wolverine would be pretty fantastic.

I could go either way on this. Yeah, it would be interesting to see Marvel's take on the one hand, but on the other I rather enjoy the more serious tone of the X-films and IMO five out of seven films have been good (with three of those being excellent; X2, First Class and DoFP).

Regardless, the rights aren't going back to Marvel anytime soon, so at this stage I'm just hoping that DoFP marks a shift in the franchise towards a "bigger, bolder and more expansive" X-verse. Hopefully Apocalypse is an interesting character, but at the same time a physically imposing spectacle as well. I also want to see other characters given more spotlight and Wolverine kind of relegated to the background (in the X-men films at least; focus on him in his solo flicks). Seems like that's in the cards. Hope to see Cable soon, and/or an ambitious Age of Apocalypse style storyline where Magneto leads the X-men and Sabretooth is a good guy (played by Liev Schreiber he would make a great Wolverine replacement in the films too).

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Since the movies do very well with the public Singer "terrible' decisions might not be that bad.

Fox has done very well with the X-movies, I don't think Disney could do as well
    None of the marvel movies have done terribly. The only one that came close was Hulk.

Fox's movies are full of plot holes, inconsistencies, a nauseating focus on wolverine and character assassination for other characters.

If we were to judge movies purely on financial success, then the Twilight Saga would be the new classical movie genre, wouldn't it?