Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Today, we celebrate gift giving, a major part of this holiday season. And Prince Namor, and his friend Hercules, prove that the best gifts aren't bought in a store.

From the classic Avengers 262. You can read the whole scene at Cronin's Cool Comic Moments, here:
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-namor-a-gift/

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's another blast from the past, when the Avengers could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Or frenemies, even.

This panel is a bit sad to me because it serves to remind me of how the Revolution mini set up a renewed alliance with Namor and Doom. And then Marvel didn't do anything with it. Unfortunately, Osborn's star was rising and we never really saw how things worked out when Namor and part of his army moved to Latveria. The interacted a bit when the were in the Cabal but that was about it. Namor broke away from it when he joined up with the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's another blast from the past, when the Avengers could be fun.

This panel is a bit sad to me because it serves to remind me of how the Revolution mini set up a renewed alliance with Namor and Doom. And then Marvel didn't do anything with it. Unfortunately, Osborn's star was rising and we never really saw how things worked out when Namor and part of his army moved to Latveria. The interacted a bit when the were in the Cabal but that was about it. Namor broke away from it when he joined up with the X-Men.
    I've enjoyed most of the encounters between Namor and Herc. They are fun together.

And yes, I agree. This amazing ending for Sub-Revolution was wasted, as well as other things, like the Atlanteans hiding amongst the aribreathers. I had hopes Hickman was going to do something with the Namor and Doom alliance, but it appears not.

Sadly, that happened off panel. He probably invoked Sue's name to get him to do it.

Something that isn't made clear in the two pages I posted, is that Ben goes to Namor, because there's an old picture (shown in the last panel) of Mole Man as a child with Santa, and that Santa looks like Namor. You can check out the rest of the story here:

http://peur-evol.blogspot.co.uk/2011...stic-four.html

It should be in there, then, as believe this is from 2005. There's lots more FF fun in the story. And of course, there's a Santa Namor! Christmas is about giving, and Namor is the best guy at giving (and receiving) The Gift!

Cue segue ...
    i guess the favour he owes namor has to be so huge and potentially NSFW it was done off panel LOL!

i always thought the invaders should have a holiday special, an issue of them meeting in bar every year before christmas .
    kinda like that story in sandman

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i guess the favour he owes namor has to be so huge and potentially NSFW it was done off panel LOL!

i always thought the invaders should have a holiday special, an issue of them meeting in bar every year before christmas .
    kinda like that story in sandman
    LOL! My mind blanches at a NSFW Thing favor owed Namor. OMG. It's just so ... horribly funny. There's a power tools joke in there for sure.

Thank you for giving me something else to think about. LOL! YES! The Invaders should do exactly that! Of course, for the longest time, it would have only been Toro, since everyone was missing or dead.

LOL! My mind blanches at a NSFW Thing favor owed Namor. OMG. It's just so ... horribly funny. There's a power tools joke in there for sure.

Thank you for giving me something else to think about. LOL! YES! The Invaders should do exactly that! Of course, for the longest time, it would have only been Toro, since everyone was missing or dead.
    it's no easy feat to have namor celebrate christmas! ...let alone put on a santa costume..i'm sure whatever it was, it was'nt safe for kids

It's a simple yet satisfying tale to tell..
    the opening sequence i have in mind is namor walks into a bar (not a joke) clad in a hat and overcoat, opening the door to a private room.
    silhouettes of 4 male figures sitting around a table,room is dimly lit.
    panel zooms into namor's eyes..squinting as intensely as ever
    focus back on the 4 people
    bucky turns the lamp on, he's with steve, jim, toro. they raise their glasses up!

it's no easy feat to have namor celebrate christmas! ...let alone put on a santa costume..i'm sure whatever it was, it was'nt safe for kids
    Oh God. Too too funny.

iIt's a simple yet satisfying tale to tell..
    the opening sequence i have in mind is namor walks into a bar (not a joke) clad in a hat and overcoat, opening the door to a private room.
    silhouettes of 4 male figures sitting around a table,room is dimly lit.
    panel zooms into namor's eyes..squinting as intensely as ever
    focus back on the 4 people
    bucky turns the lamp on, he's with steve, jim, toro. they raise their glasses up!
    Excellent! I'd love to see it in a holiday special.

Not quite dzub's excellent suggestion for an Invaders Christmas story, but it is the Invaders!

How the Invaders talked Prince Namor into dressing up as Rudolph the Reindeer will have to be yet another off panel mystery, to rival Ben Grimm's persuasive skills in getting his Highness in a Santa suit.

Art by the Invaders and Namor fan, Athena-I, whose work can be found here:
    http://athena-i.deviantart.com/
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-18-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Or frenemies, even.

Love that costume, cape and all. I wish we had seen more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Love that costume, cape and all. I wish we had seen more of it.
    The cape fits picture, for sure. Namor giving a nod to the fashions of Latveria, perhaps. The costume was actually supposed to be some sort of heirloom battle armor, IIRC. Much better than the Neptune Armor -- though I did like the engraving on that very 90s costume.

Another team Prince Namor joined and did a holiday picture.

The Defenders!

Another team Prince Namor joined and did a holiday picture.

The Defenders!

i love how he's having a ride on the silver surfboard
    did namor have any interaction with howarD?

i love how he's having a ride on the silver surfboard
    did namor have any interaction with howarD?
    Namor looks unusually happy to be sitting on that surfboard. LOL! He's actually ridden it a couple of times with Surfer, IIRC.

Yep. A succinct exchange in a Man-Thing issue. I think the easier question is who hasn't Namor had interactions with?

The cape fits picture, for sure. Namor giving a nod to the fashions of Latveria, perhaps. The costume was actually supposed to be some sort of heirloom battle armor, IIRC. Much better than the Neptune Armor -- though I did like the engraving on that very 90s costume.
    For me it just adds that much more credence to my Sub-Mariner = the real Marvel 616-Superman theory for him to show up in a cape from time to time. There was a beautiful, mostly silent Sub-Mariner story in Marvel Comics Presents shortly after this where he had the cape too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    For me it just adds that much more credence to my Sub-Mariner = the real Marvel 616-Superman theory for him to show up in a cape from time to time. There was a beautiful, mostly silent Sub-Mariner story in Marvel Comics Presents shortly after this where he had the cape too.
    I didn't think about that, but yes, it does. Great call! I'd always thought it as a negative and odd choice, but your observation puts the cape in a new light. Hmmm. I'll have to check out that story you mentioned.