View Poll Results: Who is your favourite superhero?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • ARANA [Anya Corazon]

14 7.00%
  • DARWIN [Armando Munoz]

2 1.00%
  • DR. CECILIA REYES

6 3.00%
  • FIREBIRD [Bonita Juanrez]

12 6.00%
  • LIVING LIGHTNING [Miguel Santos]

4 2.00%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

39 19.50%
  • NOVA [Sam Alexander]

9 4.50%
  • POWER MAN [Victor Alvarez]

4 2.00%
  • REPTIL [Humberto Lopez]

3 1.50%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Richter]

13 6.50%
  • SPIDERMAN [Miles Morales]

22 11.00%
  • SPIDERMAN 2099 [Miguel O’Hara]

29 14.50%
  • SUNSPOT [Roberto "Bobby" daCosta]

25 12.50%
  • VICTOR MANCHA

10 5.00%
  • WHITE TIGER [Ava Ayala]

8 4.00%
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Anybody know what happened to Reptil? I finished AA and nobody has mentioned him in Undercover.
    I thought he was killed in UNDERCOVER. The last time we saw him was his body being lifted out of the water by SHIELD agents after the kids were free of Murderworld (unless he somehow survived unconscious, underwater for hours in the form of an air-breathing dinosaur...).

I keep hoping he'll be revived and turn up again somewhere, but as far as we know he was killed stopping Hazmat's detonation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I thought he was killed in UNDERCOVER. The last time we saw him was his body being lifted out of the water by SHIELD agents after the kids were free of Murderworld (unless he somehow survived unconscious, underwater for hours in the form of an air-breathing dinosaur...).

I keep hoping he'll be revived and turn up again somewhere, but as far as we know he was killed stopping Hazmat's detonation.
    I was really hoping that wasn't the case. I thought he was just knocked out. I thought he was lame at first but he grew on me, I hope Marvel has plans for him in the near future.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Limbo last I heard, maybe with the creative team change some in the Champions thread have mentioned wanting him to join
    I hope so, he has potential
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Red Locust!

I need more Red Locust in my life..! I would love for Fernanda Ramirez to be a regular thing in the new Champions.

¡Siganme los buenos!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I was really hoping that wasn't the case. I thought he was just knocked out. I thought he was lame at first but he grew on me, I hope Marvel has plans for him in the near future.
    Me too--I always liked him. I think it should be easy enough for someone to bring him back whenever someone decides to--his powers come from a mystic amulet embedded in his body, after all. If magic doesn't provide a good excuse for a "back from the dead" free card, I don't know what does.

Astonishing Member

How would you feel about Sauron/Karl Lykos becoming explicitly hispanic?
    I don't use the word "retcon" because technically he already is hispanic. It's just that no writer seems to have noticed.
    He was born in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina, and moved to the USA when he was a teen, because he had become an orphan (his father died), and the father of the girl Karl had saved years ago was willing to raise him. Karl (when he was a boy), and his father, worked as guides for tourists.
    Showing him speaking in Spanish, and saying that Karl is the name he used to fit in (instead of Carlos), wouldnt be that hard

publicar fotos en internet

publicar fotos en internet

I'm not against it. but this is a Danny Rand scenario. his dad was a explorer. that's why they went to this place. it's not like Karl's consciousness even survived. he's all prehistoric reptilian, now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm not against it. but this is a Danny Rand scenario. his dad was a explorer. that's why they went to this place. it's not like Karl's consciousness even survived. he's all prehistoric reptilian, now.
    he is all prehistoric reptilian because he seems to have been keeping himself "well fed" for years. if he spends too much mutant energy he should go back to the Lykos human look and Lykos personality, which hasnt been seen since 2005, iirc, the first issues of Bendis New Avengers.
    The problem he has is he was used in Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men, and that seems to have defined how he is supposed to be for the writers who have touched him ever since. The Jekyll/Hyde thing with 2 personalities was abandoned. Every villain was very out of character in that book.

Aaron had Sauron and Toad working in the same place (the Hellfire Club for kids), when Toad murdered the wife of Lykos, after kidnapping both, to feed him her life energy and turn him again into Sauron against his will. Another writer would have adressed that. Lykos had been cured in the early 80s from the Sauron personality, and was in limbo (outside of published comics), married, working as a psychiatrist for a decade, until like 1991, when Toad kidnapped him and his wife in X-Force.

edit: I don't think Danny was born in Tibet or Kun Lun (not sure). Wikipedia has him as a New Yorker.
    Lykos was born in Tierra del Fuego and lived there until he was a teen. Not the same situation.
    Last edited by lurkerforyears; 02-14-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Ms. america and inferno in a upcoming animated big screen marvel film.
    Secret Warriors Animated Film - Comicbook.com/marvel
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...animated-film/

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-rising-se...l-spider-gwen/

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I might as well get it over with.

As Rosario Dawson Exits ‘New Mutants,’ Fox Hires Alice Braga To Play Dr. Reyes

http://uproxx.com/tv/new-mutants-alice-braga-casting/
    and
    Rosario Dawson Drops Out of New Mutants Talks, Alice Braga Steps In
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/...lice-braga-in/
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Henry Zaga Set To Play Sunspot In 'X-Men' Spinoff

X-Men: New Mutants Has Reportedly Cast Sunspot - Comic Book
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/05/...-sunspot-cast/
    I can't help but think if other marginalized person's had this much of a character departure i.e. (Gay to straight, Female to Male, Mutant to Wonder) there would have been more of response
    GrindrStone(D)

does Rita Demara/Yellowjacket count? it's only one scene. but she insinuates that her mother was a Spanish speaker.

Chavez is my fave, but damn...I would love a new Young Avengers comic book with her.

Since Marvel seems to be more interested in promoting miniseries as exactly that, I want a Firebird limited series. Could explore her social work, downtime, the Rangers, that sort of thing. Maybe even dip into the possibility of immortality that Kurt Busiek brought up in his Avengers run.

where are the hero teams in latin american countries? there should be some by now.

who is the most prominent latino in the MCU right now?
    The J-man