View Poll Results: Who is your favourite superhero?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • ARANA [Anya Corazon]

14 7.00%
  • DARWIN [Armando Munoz]

2 1.00%
  • DR. CECILIA REYES

6 3.00%
  • FIREBIRD [Bonita Juanrez]

12 6.00%
  • LIVING LIGHTNING [Miguel Santos]

4 2.00%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

39 19.50%
  • NOVA [Sam Alexander]

9 4.50%
  • POWER MAN [Victor Alvarez]

4 2.00%
  • REPTIL [Humberto Lopez]

3 1.50%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Richter]

13 6.50%
  • SPIDERMAN [Miles Morales]

22 11.00%
  • SPIDERMAN 2099 [Miguel O’Hara]

29 14.50%
  • SUNSPOT [Roberto "Bobby" daCosta]

25 12.50%
  • VICTOR MANCHA

10 5.00%
  • WHITE TIGER [Ava Ayala]

8 4.00%
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

This deals with white latin americans in the real world.

White Latin American
    White Latin Americans are the people of Latin America who are considered white, typically due to European, or in some cases, Levantine descent.
    Throughout Latin America people with heritage from European settlers arriving in the Americas throughout the colonial and post-independence periods. Many of the earliest settlers were Spanish and Portuguese, and after independence, Italians have led numerically among the millions of immigrants. Notably large immigration occurred as well by Germans, Poles, Irish, British, French, Russians, Belgians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Ukrainians, Hungarians, Croats, Swiss, Greeks and other Europeans.
    Composing about 33% or 36% of the population as of 2010[update] according to some sources, White Latin Americans constitute the largest racial-ethnic group in the region. White is the self-identification of many Latin Americans in some national censuses, as seen further on in this article. According to a survey conducted by consultant Cohesión Social in Latin America, conducted on a sample of 10,000 people from seven different countries of the region, 34% of those interviewed identified themselves as White.
    Note-Some Latinos that say they are white are not really white,but the white latino population in latin america is still large.

Anyway this is my last time and last post in this thread.
    I had enough.
    BYE.

NOTE-i came back to edited something here and not to read anything else after this.

BYE.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-31-2015 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I do not go by ethnic diversity since there are thousands of ethnic groups in the world.
    I see race first.
    Okay, but this is a Latino and Hispanic APPRECIATION thread; and I think it's fair to say that should come first in this thread. If you would rather focus on race above all else, then this may not be the thread for you. Seeing skin colour and wanting to have THAT be the focus is sort of pushing aside the ethnicity that this whole thread is built upon.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I can't wait to see Miles and Sam team-up as Avengers. I think the two of them have a lot in common and can make for great character moments between them.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Man, I'm beyond appalled seeing how Marvel ignores Anya!

So first, the solicit of Web Warriors excluded her. They listed every member of the team but her!

Then, in the official list Marvel gave WeLoveFine for the Spider-Verse design competition, there was no Anya. A character who had two ongoings and more than a decade of existence, and yet, there were characters in that list that have only made 2 or 3 appearances. Thankfully, they've added Anya to the list, but the fact that Marvel didn't include her on the first place is more than worrisome.

And finally, the hip hop variant of Web Warriors doesn't feature her! If Marvel hadn't had enough criticism for the whole variant thing, now they put the blonde white woman of the team as front and center of the cover and they exclude the only woc of the team!

What makes it worse is that she co-founded the team!

Like seriously, I get that she's not a a-list character, but this doesn't give me any confidence on Web Warriors or the future of Anya!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Man, I'm beyond appalled seeing how Marvel ignores Anya!

So first, the solicit of Web Warriors excluded her. They listed every member of the team but her!

Then, in the official list Marvel gave WeLoveFine for the Spider-Verse design competition, there was no Anya. A character who had two ongoings and more than a decade of existence, and yet, there were characters in that list that have only made 2 or 3 appearances. Thankfully, they've added Anya to the list, but the fact that Marvel didn't include her on the first place is more than worrisome.

And finally, the hip hop variant of Web Warriors doesn't feature her! If Marvel hadn't had enough criticism for the whole variant thing, now they put the blonde white woman of the team as front and center of the cover and they exclude the only woc of the team!

What makes it worse is that she co-founded the team!

Like seriously, I get that she's not a a-list character, but this doesn't give me any confidence on Web Warriors or the future of Anya!
    I agree completely

I hope we get to see Reptil again. He grew on me over time and I want him to be featured again after Secret Wars. I think his powers make him unique and he still has a lot of potential as a character.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope we get to see Reptil again. He grew on me over time and I want him to be featured again after Secret Wars. I think his powers make him unique and he still has a lot of potential as a character.
    Me too.......

Has there anything been said about Robbie Reyes, I don't want him to disappear.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    *sigh*
    Well hey, just because Anya formed the frigging team in the first place is no reason to expect her to actually show up in a story previewing the book.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Has there anything been said about Robbie Reyes, I don't want him to disappear.
    None so far but I'm hoping he show up in Ms. Marvel .

Has there been any news on the Marie Vasquez Tarantula? I didn't really enjoy the 2007 Heroes for Hire series but I think the roster could have been better under a superior writer.

I can't wait to see Miles and Sam team-up as Avengers. I think the two of them have a lot in common and can make for great character moments between them.
    I definitely want to know about their dynamic, since it seems like Kamala and Sam won't get along, so I wonder where Miles stand.

On a slightly more serious note that I know won't be explored, but I want them to relate on, I yearn for these characters to be around Latinos who have the same ethnic background as them b/c having the opportunity to explore your cultural history is such a privilige, especially for Miles who is racially black and would on many occasions be made to feel that he doesn't have a culture or be told that he doesn't b/c what black Americans have contributed is seen as "american culture" and/or since most black americans can't culturally/ethnically trace their background and adopt that, then they're left with American culture, which is a mix of everything and is therefore not "black culture" and/or isn't even real.

So I want Miles to explore the privilege of being bicultural/biethnic, same with Sam. Saying that tho, I do appreciate Sam and Miles as is. There is not a lot of Latino characters, and so many people want Sam and Miles to speak spanish, eat the cultural dishes etc, and sometimes it comes across as they're not real latinos if theu don't do this or that, but Sam and Miles actually are representing a subsection of Latino/Hispanic audiences, especially the ones who are biracial/biethnic. They're representing biracial/biethnic Latinos, they're representing the individuals who have a Latino/Hispanic parent that didn't speak spanish, they're representing individuals who's other parent is non latino/hispanic and therefore can not teach them or even cares to teach them about their heritage/culture. I don't know how many times, I've seen biracial individuals like Miles who don't see anything wrong with the Miles character not being emerged in his latina heritage. Same with Sam, you can mind examples of real life Sam's on TV as celebrities, Tyler Posey is one, Bella Thorne is another.

I also feel like America is the sort of place that can also erase ones culture, b/c they uphold European culture, and take what they like from a minority's culture to adopt as their own.

Idk, if Sam is as far removed from his Latino/Hispanic culture as Miles b/c I never read his comic, but this seems to be the case for biracial minorities inside and outside of comics, one culture is always dropped. In any case this is more than likely unintentional on the writers part, but they're unknowingly representing a particular audience, which is why these characters are a bit unique to me. And I would love for Miles and Sam to relate on feeling so far removed in that aspect of their life.

As revealed today, the All-New, All-Different Falcon is a Mexican-American boy named Joaquin Torres.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    As revealed today, the All-New, All-Different Falcon is a Mexican-American boy named Joaquin Torres.

Great news to cool..