View Poll Results: Who is your favourite superhero?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • ARANA [Anya Corazon]

14 7.00%
  • DARWIN [Armando Munoz]

2 1.00%
  • DR. CECILIA REYES

6 3.00%
  • FIREBIRD [Bonita Juanrez]

12 6.00%
  • LIVING LIGHTNING [Miguel Santos]

4 2.00%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

39 19.50%
  • NOVA [Sam Alexander]

9 4.50%
  • POWER MAN [Victor Alvarez]

4 2.00%
  • REPTIL [Humberto Lopez]

3 1.50%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Richter]

13 6.50%
  • SPIDERMAN [Miles Morales]

22 11.00%
  • SPIDERMAN 2099 [Miguel O’Hara]

29 14.50%
  • SUNSPOT [Roberto "Bobby" daCosta]

25 12.50%
  • VICTOR MANCHA

10 5.00%
  • WHITE TIGER [Ava Ayala]

8 4.00%
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

White tiger had an ongoing. So did nova and arana

Ghost Rider Alejandra, Avengers Academy -the lead was Reptil-, Power Man had some one-shots and the mini Power Man and Iron Fist, Rictor in X-Factor...

Ongoing:

Ghost Rider (Alejandra)
    Ghost Rider (Robbie)
    Nova (Sam)
    Avengers Academy
    Spider-Man 2099
    Arana
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    All New Ultimates

Minis:
    Power-Man & Power-Man/Iron Fist
    White Tiger
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    You're welcome. Yeah, it is a sad thing few people know of her. Hopefully we can change that. :-)

El ALL-NEW AGUILA!!!!*

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...rfect-fashion/

*Not really, but I will say so anyway.

I did not know that was a thing. I will go get it now. Thank you. I really wish they would remake him into the new Swordsman or Ronin. It'd be great to have him join the Avengers or something.
    Last edited by R0NIN; 12-05-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Ongoing:

Ghost Rider (Alejandra)
    Ghost Rider (Robbie)
    Nova (Sam)
    Avengers Academy
    Spider-Man 2099
    Arana
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    All New Ultimates

Minis:
    Power-Man & Power-Man/Iron Fist
    White Tiger
    Thank-you SoB; I'll update the OP

Ohhhhhhh, having done the lists, I did not realise (but very happy to learn) there are currently FOUR latino/Hispanic solo series at Marvel (Ult. Spiderman, Ghost Rider, Nova and Spiderman 2099). That's very cool!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 12-15-2014 at 06:26 AM.

This is very cool; a new event for Secret Wars with not one BUT TWO latino Ghost Riders (and one taking centre stage).

Has Ms. America grown out of trying to clobber people for existing?

Some of my favorite Latino characters:

1) Black Tarantula - I liked his appearance back in the Amazing Spider-Man issues from the late 90s as well as his appearance in Daredevil during the Shadowland arc. I liked the idea of legacy with the character and I though he and White Tiger (Angela Torres), another legacy character, were totally going to hook up. Then she stabbed him in the back and threw him off a building. Oh well.

2) Sunspot - Truth be told, I've known of the character, but only started to dig him due to his appearance in Avengers. I like the bromance he has with Sam Guthrie and I especially like the leadership position that he's taken in the past several issues.

3) Firebird - I dig her because of her Catholic faith. There aren't too many level-headed, open-minded Catholics in comics (with the only other ones being Daredevil and Nightcrawler). I remember her having some noteworthy scenes during Busiek's run on Avengers, most notably having a discussion with Thor about the importance of his bonds with the rest of the Avengers.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

Props to The Avengers for finally giving Bobby his due. New Mutants was one of the first comics I ever read and it's good to see a writer who knows how to develop the character properly.

Firebird and Miss America both seem like interesting characters, and (along with Victor from The Runaways) I'd love to see them both get more development as well.

Can't forget Miguel O'Hara from Spidey 2099 -- still have the first three issues of the first series, which certified Rick Leonardi as one of the all-time greats in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Ms. America grown out of trying to clobber people for existing?
    In fairness, it was only Loki she wanted to clobber for existing, and she's hardly the only one to feel that way towards Loki.

But we haven't actually seen her since YA ended, so we have no idea what she's been up to. Aside from going on a date, according to a text message she sent Noh-Varr during Original Sin.

While we're at the topic of SW, even thought Mayday appears on the cover and the solicits, Anya will be part of the Spider-Verse tie-in.

And I'm very relieved knowing that Robbie will be part of SW and Smith is still onboard!

While I did not care much for the character at first I have come to love White Tiger (Ava). I really hope she continues to have a presence in the books during and after Secret Wars.

Of course one thing that has bugged me about the MCU is the lack of Latino/Hispanic characters. I can only think of one, and he ended up being a villain. I hope we can get some of Marvel's Latino/Hispanic characters to make the jump to live action, between TV and movies there should at least be a chance for one to make it. I'd love for a White Tiger Netflix series or something.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Top 5 - for me
    Sunspot
    Firebird
    Rictor
    White Tiger (Ava)
    Miss America

- I'm pretty sure El Aguila was the first latino/hispanic hero I was introduce to in comics. -
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Props to The Avengers for finally giving Bobby his due. New Mutants was one of the first comics I ever read and it's good to see a writer who knows how to develop the character properly.
    It is nice that some of the teen heroes that the X-side of the Marvel Universe churns out and then abandons in favor of the next crop of teen mutants are getting some development in the Avengers side. Sunspot's new focus is pretty awesome.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Reptil and White Tiger, as well. Both were fun characters in Avengers Academy.

Firebird and America Chavez as well, definitely!

Some of the older latino heroes, such as El Aquila, Defensor and La Bandera, we seem less likely to see again...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-21-2015 at 05:27 AM.