View Poll Results: Who is your favourite superhero?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • ARANA [Anya Corazon]

14 7.00%
  • DARWIN [Armando Munoz]

2 1.00%
  • DR. CECILIA REYES

6 3.00%
  • FIREBIRD [Bonita Juanrez]

12 6.00%
  • LIVING LIGHTNING [Miguel Santos]

4 2.00%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

39 19.50%
  • NOVA [Sam Alexander]

9 4.50%
  • POWER MAN [Victor Alvarez]

4 2.00%
  • REPTIL [Humberto Lopez]

3 1.50%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Richter]

13 6.50%
  • SPIDERMAN [Miles Morales]

22 11.00%
  • SPIDERMAN 2099 [Miguel O’Hara]

29 14.50%
  • SUNSPOT [Roberto "Bobby" daCosta]

25 12.50%
  • VICTOR MANCHA

10 5.00%
  • WHITE TIGER [Ava Ayala]

8 4.00%
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of Reptil and White Tiger, as well. Both were fun characters in Avengers Academy.
    Unfortunately Reptil was killed off in Avengers Arena, so unless SW brings him back or gives us an AU version of him I doubt he's going to be seen anytime soon.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

BANNED

It also Shark-Girl / Iara Dos Santos of Recife / Pernambuco Brazil

And Rockslide / Santo Vaccarro Sanchez

Last edited by Sansomon; 02-21-2015 at 08:21 AM.

BIG fan of Nova, (Sam Alexander) the human rocket .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Both were killed la Bandera by Zeitgeist/Everyman and Poison by Hydra
    I believe Poison has been referred to in one of the Marvel Handbooks as likely being alive because a number of other characters in that Wolverine storyline have shown up alive and no worse for the wear. La Bandera and Defensor were both allegedly knocked off in that awful Zeitgeist serial killer storyline, but it was all off-panel in media reports and Zeitgeist's boasting. Both deserved better. Bandera had an interesting background fighting oppression in her home country. Given the history of same in Central and South America, that could be a fascinating and relevant world view to have as a superhero. Defensor, as I recall, acquired his armor, weapons inadvertently, with mysterious, potential connections to Subterranea, maybe Tyrannus, Grotesk's people or refugees/offshoots of EL Dorado. Both would be supremely easy to have show up again given there were only "reports" of their demises. Even German hero Blitzkrieg(er), another victim of the storyline, would be pretty easy to have turn up again. I think the original White Tiger was Marvel's first Latino superhero. Again, he deserved way better than the ugly fate meted out to him by Bendis. Would love to see more of any number of these characters, especially El Aguila, Firebird and Reptil.
    Last edited by tasmaniantwister; 02-21-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: correction

BANNED

Toro / Benito Serrano

Member of the Young Allies.

Velocidad / Gabriel Cohuelo

BANNED

La Lunatica

Feral / Maria Callasantos

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    While I did not care much for the character at first I have come to love White Tiger (Ava). I really hope she continues to have a presence in the books during and after Secret Wars.

Of course one thing that has bugged me about the MCU is the lack of Latino/Hispanic characters. I can only think of one, and he ended up being a villain. I hope we can get some of Marvel's Latino/Hispanic characters to make the jump to live action, between TV and movies there should at least be a chance for one to make it. I'd love for a White Tiger Netflix series or something.
    White Tiger's awesome. I definitely hope she sticks around somewhere. I doubt All-New Ghost Rider will end up continuing after Secret Wars - its sales have dropped under 15 000, which is pretty bad - so maybe Smith could be given a White Tiger/Power Man book. They make a fun pairing.

And yeah, the MCU needs some Latino representation. It's pretty bad right now. Of course, the MCU has a problem with people of colour in general. But they definitely need to throw some Latinos in there, if only as supporting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It is nice that some of the teen heroes that the X-side of the Marvel Universe churns out and then abandons in favor of the next crop of teen mutants are getting some development in the Avengers side. Sunspot's new focus is pretty awesome.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Reptil and White Tiger, as well. Both were fun characters in Avengers Academy.

Firebird and America Chavez as well, definitely!

Some of the older latino heroes, such as El Aquila, Defensor and La Bandera, we seem less likely to see again...
    Sunspot turning himself into a major player has definitely been an interesting development. I was never really big on Reptil, but White Tiger's great. Firebird should become an Avenger again. America Chavez should show up somewhere again. And I'd love it if some of the older characters started showing up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    La Lunatica
    Oh heck. How could I forget La Lunatica! She was my favorite character from an amazingly cool series! (With lots of diversity. Meanstreak was some sort of French-Korean, IIRC, and Krystalin was an African-American Thor worshipper! Was Cerebra middle eastern? And the last two 'Professor X's' of the future X-teams were Xian Chi Xan/the Desert Ghost and Master Zhao!)

So Slott sorta confirmed that Spider-Verse will be ongoing with Anya as the lead! (And Spider-UK too..)

So we have 4 books in Secret Wars with Latino characters:

Ultimate End - Miles
    Spider-Verse - Anya
    Ghost Racers - Robbie
    Captain America & The Mighty Avengers - Ava and Victor

I am missing someone else so far?

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Is Anya still considered half Mexican and half Puerto Rican? I remember reading something where a villain calls her Mexican and she says something along the lines of... "OMG! Racist! I'm NOT Mexican! I'm Puerto Rican!"

Quote Originally Posted by reptarcereal View Post
    Is Anya still considered half Mexican and half Puerto Rican? I remember reading something where a villain calls her Mexican and she says something along the lines of... "OMG! Racist! I'm NOT Mexican! I'm Puerto Rican!"
    Ugh, yeah, that seriously annoyed me!

I'm sure that was a mistake by McKeever, but holy sh*t how could they just glanced over a characters nationality?!

I wrote a bit more in detail about it here. Every info of her refers to her as half-mexican, half-puerto rican, even in press releases of the Spider-Girl series they referred to her as such, so it's safe to say that she's both and that was a serious mistake by Mckeever.

Nova! I like Sam but a CLOSE SECOND GOES TO Sunspot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vak View Post
    BIG fan of Nova, (Sam Alexander) the human rocket .
    Yeah!!!! What if we had team of Nova, Sunspot, and Living Lightening

Man, La Lunaticia should be one of the Black Swans.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum