Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Hickman Announces "Manhattan Projects" On Hiatus Until March

The writer revealed in the newest issue of the Image comic that the series will undergo a format change when it returns.

Full article here.

I think this will improve the narrative.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

I haven't been following MANHATTAN PROJECTS, but it's been on my periphery. Is it worth catching up during the hiatus?

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    I haven't been following MANHATTAN PROJECTS, but it's been on my periphery. Is it worth catching up during the hiatus?
    It is! For the first three volumes it is one of the best comics I have read from Image. Volume Four falters a bit so I think this Hiatus will be really good, but by all means, try it and enjoy it.

Sounds like this is the perfect opportunity to catch up and then start pulling at issue #26. I've always been curious about this book.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I think this will improve the narrative.
    One of my favorite monthly reads. I look forward to the new format.

A very nice OSHC containing the first 10 issues was released a short time ago...

MikeHintze

One of the best titles out there. If you haven't read it yet, I highly suggest getting caught up! Hickman can do no wrong with me.

All-New Member

I will use this gap as an opportunity to catch up via trades as this is a series I've been interested in.

I definitely enjoy Manhattan Projects (I'm currently up to Volume 4) but it is nowhere as good as East of West in my opinion. I think this break could do the book some good and give it more focus. I will definitely keep buying Hickman's Image work and this is no different.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I definitely enjoy Manhattan Projects (I'm currently up to Volume 4) but it is nowhere as good as East of West in my opinion. I think this break could do the book some good and give it more focus. I will definitely keep buying Hickman's Image work and this is no different.

I agree that the book needs a break to regain focus. It lost its main antagonist back in issue 18 (I think it was 18) and hasn't been as compelling since.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I could never get into Manhattan Projects. I read the first issue and I just didn't care for a single character, the narration, nor the artwork at all. Had a solid premise and intriguing story, but it just left me empty inside after I finished it.

I love MP but agree it needs a less “sprawling ensemble narrative”.

Looking forward to its return.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

This book had gone a little stale for me, so I'm hoping this gets things moving in an exciting direction again.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    This book had gone a little stale for me, so I'm hoping this gets things moving in an exciting direction again.
    Yeah, the last arc kind of went down hill for me, but I'm looking to give it another shot. Even in it's off times, it's still the craziest comic out there, and never fails to make me laugh.

I am curious though, what does he mean when he says "more pages", and that it'll be a different format? Is it just going to be a bigger book that comes out every once in a while? Image's March 2015 solicitations can't come out soon enough...
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I stopped reading around #18, but the sprawling ensemble cast was one of the things I kinda liked about the comic... =\
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song