Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    To keep them alive. These characters don't deserve to die or ride off into obscurity. Like I said. No need to bring them into the New 52. That has it's own fans but to add a book or 2 for the continuing stories of these characters should be done. They are not broken nor have they ever been, only those who were writing them were broken and are to be blamed. You blame the writers for poor sales on characters not the characters. These characters deserve to be seen with new adventures not regulated to the 50 cent bin.
    The characters are all still around, they're just updated. Same as always. Revisiting old eras is nice, but they're still the same characters now as they were then.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchimus Prime View Post
    I'll tentatively be buying more DC Comics in these two months (esp. week four) than I have in the last several years, and in the months that follow. Not bashing the New 52, just not really my cup of tea.
    These will be the same for me brother

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    The characters are all still around, they're just updated. Same as always. Revisiting old eras is nice, but they're still the same characters now as they were then.
    Not even close buddy. These are not the same characters. Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Hell even newer characters from the 90's like Tim Drake and Kon-El are not the same characters they were before Flashpoint with completely different origins. The list goes on and on. Because they share the same name doesn't mean they are the same character.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 12-02-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    I am going to save so much money. Not buying a single DC comic for the 2 months this is going on.
    I felt the same way at first, but now, I think I might pick up a few of these...
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    some are, some not.

Not even close buddy. These are not the same characters. Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Hell even newer characters from the 90's like Tim Drake and Kon-El are not the same character he was before Flashpoint with completely different origins. The list goes on and on. Because they share the same name doesn't mean they are the same character.
    these are good examples of characters that aren't the same now. Tim was a nice character, now nobody cares.
    don't get me started on wally
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-02-2014 at 02:08 PM.

BANNED

Jeff Parker on Shazam sounds the most interesting thing I've heard from all of these, possibly even something I'd like to see as an ongoing, and even that doesn't seem that appealing by the bizarre choice to mix Gotham by Gaslight into it.

Otherwise, yawn again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    some are, some not.

these are good examples of characters that aren't the same now. Tim was a nice character, now nobody cares.
    don't get me started on wally
    Yeah, they are the same characters.

Red Son Superman had a ton of differences from regular Superman, but he's still Superman.

They are just different *versions* of the characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Yeah, they are the same characters.

Red Son Superman had a ton of differences from regular Superman, but he's still Superman.

They are just different *versions* of the characters.
    Different versions does not equal the same character. Obviously if it is a different version then it is not the same as it was before. Some people would like to continue reading the version of the character they like especially characters that were only created in the 90's like Drake and Kon-El. Those characters are still fairly new in comic book terms.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 12-02-2014 at 02:18 PM.

BANNED

Different versions does not equal the same character. Obviously if it is a different version then it is not the same as it was before.
    Um, yes, when you have different versions of something, they are all the same thing on one level, just different iterations of it.

Windows 95 and Windows XP are both Windows, but they are different versions of Windows.

pre52 Tim Drake and post52 Tim Drake are both the same character, Tim Drake. They are just different versions of the same character.

Victorian Sherlock Holmes and modern BBC Sherlock have lots of differences (I assume, given the setting). But they are the same character.

BANNED

Don't know who Jeff Parker is but happy he is getting you to buy a book. Yep, Like I said many times I buy the character not the writer. Yea, I know, I'm old school and crazy.
    It doesn't make sense to follow the characters instead of the writers. I absolutely love Green Arrow, but if it was a crappy writer and artist on there, then I'd drop the book, no matter how much I love a character.

Fantastic Member

yeah...my LCS thinks there will be a lot that join you. Hate to say it...but this could very well backfire on DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    It doesn't make sense to follow the characters instead of the writers. I absolutely love Green Arrow, but if it was a crappy writer and artist on there, then I'd drop the book, no matter how much I love a character.
    That's fine, I read Superman because I'm a fan of Superman. I doesn't matter who is writing him as long as they have a understanding of the character. if they don't I simply wait for someone who does. I found a good one with Pak. Very old School storytelling but when his time comes I'll still be there with Superman waiting for the next writer. I won't follow the writers. I've seen my share of good and bad in the 35 years of reading Superman but I'm still there reading the character. My loyalty is to Superman, the character I love, not who writes him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Um, yes, when you have different versions of something, they are all the same thing on one level, just different iterations of it.

Windows 95 and Windows XP are both Windows, but they are different versions of Windows.

pre52 Tim Drake and post52 Tim Drake are both the same character, Tim Drake. They are just different versions of the same character.

Victorian Sherlock Holmes and modern BBC Sherlock have lots of differences (I assume, given the setting). But they are the same character.
    Only by name, not characteristics or personality. It's like if someone cloned you and that clone was a complete opposite of how you act. Sure it looks like you and has your name but it is not the same person.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well, it's nice to see the original Huntress again, but Len Wein doesn't exactly fill me with the highest of "must-buy" feelings.

The New 52 characters are not the same as the pre Flashpoint characters. They might have the same name but that's it. The original universe characters had history and a legacy. These new versions are just a marketing execs idea of boosting sales. As said above, the characters are not broken, the creative minds behind them just ran out of original ideas. So instead of having the characters repeat stories that they had already done they "start over" with a fresh start but still using the same tired over used story lines as before but now they tell you that this is the first time that they have experienced it!
    Read Hyperactive Comics on comicfury, The Duck web comics and Tapastic!!