Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Swamp Thing 37 Preview

Moving along, its the next chapter in the Machine Queen arc as the Queen herself appears. Guest starring John Constantine.

’The Machine Queen’ part 3! Lines are drawn and strange allies are recruited as the Machine Queen assembles her army, while Anton Arcane and the Fungal Avatar take sides! Plus, Swamp Thing receives a dire visit from John Constantine!
    Preview

BANNED

That moment when the Machine Queen looks like Aayla Secura haha. I really love her design.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    That moment when the Machine Queen looks like Aayla Secura haha. I really love her design.
    I love how Weeds represents her previous incarnation as the Green avatar with an etching on her metallic arm, just as she did with the ink in her human form.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    I love how Weeds represents her previous incarnation as the Green avatar with an etching on her metallic arm, just as she did with the ink in her human form.
    As I'm reading this arc, I keep wondering to myself. How come DC doesn't have a variety of cyborgs, robots and androids? Some people think they're boring, but it's been proven otherwise for years.

The Machine Queen looks like a more metallic version of the Diva from Fifth Element

BANNED

Hmmm. Outside of the Swamp Thing issue, where has been the machine avatar in Futures End?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    Hmmm. Outside of the Swamp Thing issue, where has been the machine avatar in Futures End?
    Well if we are to take September's Futures End issues in to account, the avatars had a clash with the gods of Olympus as said in the two part Superman/Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman Futures End issues. Inferring from that and Swamp Thing's own Futures End issue, the Spectre was involved and after the clash a deal was made amongst the avatars and they all reside in the realm of the Spectre and can't fully touch or govern their respective areas only observe. However, with the heavy technology theme in the Futures End weekly it wouldn't be hard to think that the Machine Avatar may have some direction in that similar to how Anton got a sliver of himself out into the real world in his Villains month issue.

Astonishing Member

New issue is out. Here are a few quick spoilers so as to not produce multiple threads:

spoilers:

A lot of this issue is Weeds/Machine Queen asserting her dominance over the Calculi and preparing for the war with the other Kingdoms. I'm sure if Omega had emotions, it'd be bristling at her insolence. Her first order of business as queen is to form an alliance with the Grey, knowing that Miki would be open to revenge on Alec. She seals the deal by giving Miki a more attractive shell. She then tracks down Anton Arcane to find her a general to lead the combined Machine/Fungi army, who is not Arcane.
    end of spoilers

Good solid issue. I do like how Soule is building. The art team is solid as ever. I do think that Saiz makes Arcane too attractive, but that's the only complaint I have. I'm ready for this war to kick into high gear.

Really good issue, but Arcane's behaviour seemed odd. Even without his connection to the Rot I expected a bit more... backbone? Still, loving the story so far.

Astonishing Member

Oh and the transformation for Weeds was kind of brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Oh and the transformation for Weeds was kind of brutal.
    Indeed it reminded me of Aliens
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    Really good issue, but Arcane's behaviour seemed odd. Even without his connection to the Rot I expected a bit more... backbone? Still, loving the story so far.
    Seconded. Fortunately this was the only flaw, I like how characters from various arcs are coming back for this final act.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Another awesome issue. Man, I'm really going to miss this team when Soule leaves. I hope they find a replacement that is just as awesome.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Very nice and interesting. I think Alec is going to regret having anything to do with Weeds. Going to miss Soule on this book which was perhaps the best of his work. Hopefully, someone worthy takes over as I hate to see Swamp Thing forgotten when he had such a strong showing post-reboot.

Astonishing Member

Solid issue, as always, with every element strong. Not mindblowing, a clear transitional issue, but I like this "Swamp Thing Revenge Squad" Mother Machine is assembling.

At this point I don't really know what realistic option I'd put forth as a replacement for Soule. China Mieville already has a number of scripts written (8, I believe) and a whole story mapped out, so as long as the Snyder/Soule stuff didn't conflict too greatly with that I'd love to see his work finally come out.

I'd love to see what Si Spurrier could do, from within comics. And I think Al Ewing is sufficiently weird and wonderful to put an interesting take on the character. But both of them are firmly entrenched at Marvel, methinks.

Perhaps someone from outside of comics; Genevieve Valentine is doing wonderfully textured, thoughtful work on Catwoman and wouldn't mind her bringing that over to Swamp Thing in the least.