Fantastic Member

Default Something interesting I noticed about Axis/ Uncanny Avengers

I recently started Uncanny Avengers over again while Axis is going on. I was just going to post this in an Axis thread, but I didn't seem any on the first few pages. In Uncanny 25, Magneto squiishes the Red Skull dead and all of the present uncanny avengers protest and are offended that Magento killed him outright.

Yet in Uncanny #4, There are separate references for each Captain America, Havok, Rogue and Scarlet Witch that clearly indicates they are prepared to stop the Red Skull at any means. And that is the gentle end. A couple imply they want to kill him, or will get some enjoyment out of it. They understand that Red Skull with telepathy is a terrible idea and that they have to kill him. So it makes it really odd that they are all against magneto doing it after Red skull has done so much more with his powers.

Since this was all written by Remender, I'm wondering if this was planned or just him abandoning his plans or characterization for a cheap moment meant to villainize Magneto.

I think they had planned to kill him if that was the only way to stop him, but when he was actually defeated Magneto bashed his skull in out of anger. I wouldn't say it was done to necessarily make Magneto look bad, but to simply move the plot forward. I also believe it sets Magneto up to be a frontrunner in resolving the issue, since he kinda is the cause of it.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    I recently started Uncanny Avengers over again while Axis is going on. I was just going to post this in an Axis thread, but I didn't seem any on the first few pages. In Uncanny 25, Magneto squiishes the Red Skull dead and all of the present uncanny avengers protest and are offended that Magento killed him outright.

Yet in Uncanny #4, There are separate references for each Captain America, Havok, Rogue and Scarlet Witch that clearly indicates they are prepared to stop the Red Skull at any means. And that is the gentle end. A couple imply they want to kill him, or will get some enjoyment out of it. They understand that Red Skull with telepathy is a terrible idea and that they have to kill him. So it makes it really odd that they are all against magneto doing it after Red skull has done so much more with his powers.

Since this was all written by Remender, I'm wondering if this was planned or just him abandoning his plans or characterization for a cheap moment meant to villainize Magneto.
    It's the difference between using lethal force to stop him if necessary, and using lethal force after he's already been stopped. A lot of heroes are willing to do the former, but really only a few like a Wolverine or Punisher would do the later.

I don't think the idea is necessarily to villainize Magneto... but I think it is to show that his perspective on things is different than a lot of heroes.