Super Moderator

Default Dino-Might: Wallace Shawn Revisits Rex For "Toy Story That Time Forgot"

The veteran actor talks with SPINOFF about reprising his "Toy Story" role for the Disney/Pixar holiday special, airing tonight on ABC.

Full article here.

I just watched 'Toy Story That Time Forgot' and boy was it amazing! The Angel Kitty was such a awesome new character and I like how Disney subtly crafted in those two major Star Wars references along with some theological allegorical messages; primarily the one right there at the end of the episode. The Cleric jerkish Dino really added to the hilarity with his roller moves and dances and slapstick statements.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    I just watched 'Toy Story That Time Forgot' and boy was it amazing! The Angel Kitty was such a awesome new character and I like how Disney subtly crafted in those two major Star Wars references along with some theological allegorical messages; primarily the one right there at the end of the episode. The Cleric jerkish Dino really added to the hilarity with his roller moves and dances and slapstick statements.
    How would it compare to Toy Story Of Terror? And, anything hinting story for Toy Story 4 at all?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I only got to watch the later half the special tonight on ABC, did not know it even was a show until I saw it on tonight, but WOW was it good!

I brought back allot of nostalgia for me cause not only where they taking from "Land of the Lost" References, but with how Rex was in the Armor HAD to come from "Dino-Riders", one of my favorites as a Kid!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    How would it compare to Toy Story Of Terror? And, anything hinting story for Toy Story 4 at all?
    What I saw if it seemed a lot better than Toy Story of Terror. Toy Story of Terror didn't really work well, it's meant to be a Halloween horror kind of thing, but it didn't go far enough, it doesn't play the scenario as creepily as they should have...I mean the end of Toy Story and Toy Story 3 was creepier than their horror episode. It also comes off as a weaker version of that part of Toy Story 2.

While it was good, I think the funniest part was during the commercial break there was an ad of the Toy Story That Time Forgot action figures.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I only got to watch the later half the special tonight on ABC, did not know it even was a show until I saw it on tonight, but WOW was it good!
    Yeah, that is weird. I don't remember seeing anything about it playing tonight either, you would think they would have been running some commercials for their Toy Story special.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Yeah, that is weird. I don't remember seeing anything about it playing tonight either, you would think they would have been running some commercials for their Toy Story special.
    Yea Simbob4000, the Halloween one from the previous year got commercial time and that is more then a year old, but did not even know this one was even existed.

I would think they would have been promoting the darn out of it as you said, cause this is Toy Story giving homage to some nostalgia classics in it, especially the 1980's action figures with the Dino Characters. Just surprised me to indeed.

Besides that, it was a pleasant surprise I got to see it by chance and accident tonight! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea Simbob4000, the Halloween one from the previous year got commercial time and that is more then a year old, but did not even know this one was even existed.

I would think they would have been promoting the darn out of it as you said, cause this is Toy Story giving homage to some nostalgia classics in it, especially the 1980's action figures with the Dino Characters. Just surprised me to indeed.

Besides that, it was a pleasant surprise I got to see it by chance and accident tonight! ;-)
    Last I saw anything about it was at comic-con, but that was a while ago now.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Last I saw anything about it was at comic-con, but that was a while ago now.

Yea Simbob4000, I think remembering seeing an article about it on CBR during Comic-Con, but that was about it sadly. Wish their was a step-by-step articles and videos and then commercials about this to promote more out of it cause it was REALLY GOOD!

I mean seriously, I always hoped Toy Story might have a story like this with 1980's themed and style of action figures and indeed this was SO on the Mark it was Brilliant!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I liked it. Didn't like it as much as Toy Story of Terror.

The boss Battlesaur looked just like the Skeksis from The Dark Crystal.