Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Get the variant covers of Squirrel Girl #1:

Astonishing Member

Nice Preview....

Interesting "theme song" that SG came up with...!

BANNED

The song is sung to rhythm of the Spider-Man Theme Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE

The Squirrel Girl song:

Squirrel Girl, Squirrel Girl!
    She's a human and also a squirrel!
    Can she climb up a tree? Yes she can, easily.

That's whyyyy
    Her name is Squirrel Girl!

Is she tough? Listen bud:
    She's got partially squirrel blood
    Who's her friend? Don't you know:
    That's the squirrel, Tippy-Toe.
    Surprise! She likes to talk to squirrels!

At the top of the trees, is where she spends her time
    Like a huuuuman squirrel
    She enjoys fighting crime!!

Squirrel Girl, Squirrel Girl!
    Powers of both squirrel and girl!
    Find some nuts, eat some nuts!
    Kicks bad guuuuuys' evil butts!

To her, life is a big great acorn!
    Where there's a city crime-torn,
    You'll find the Squirrel Girl!!!

If you have mastered the melody, then you can use this link for the music without vocals: http://www.televisiontunes.com/Spide...trumental.html

Astonishing Member

I love the panel where that guy is checking out her "goods".

And I really hope that Kraven still has his nipple lasers.

The art style makes me hope that Marvel would consider giving her an animated short, but fat chance of that happening.

I dunno. I kind of wish they hadn't made the "unbeatable" thing her schtick. I liked it when her "thing" was that she was this incredibly optimistic superheroine with a really lame power set, name and costume. She was like the ultimate underdog and it was impossible not to like her. Now that she's 'defeated' all these Marvel heavyweights, it's hard to call her the underdog anymore, and it makes the whole optimism aspect less admirable (I'd be optimistic, too, if I had beaten Doom, Thanos, etc...just being a girl who can talk to squirrels and thinking you can be a superhero based on that takes REAL optimism!)

The art...well, it's not my cup of tea at all. But before someone labels me a 'zombie' or takes away my "cool kid" badge, I don't think it's "bad" art, I just wish it weren't being used for this title. I bristled about Pulido's work on She-Hulk and said he might be better suited to this book. This work is perfectly fine for a totally kid based book like Scooby Doo or something that should be 'cartooony'...no, I understand this isn't going to be a grim and gritty title but she's an established hero in the Marvel U and I don't even recognize her or the other Marvel characters.

BANNED

I'm not sure how you don't recognize Kraven the Hunter. It's just a cartoony version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    I dunno. I kind of wish they hadn't made the "unbeatable" thing her schtick. I liked it when her "thing" was that she was this incredibly optimistic superheroine with a really lame power set, name and costume. She was like the ultimate underdog and it was impossible not to like her. Now that she's 'defeated' all these Marvel heavyweights, it's hard to call her the underdog anymore, and it makes the whole optimism aspect less admirable (I'd be optimistic, too, if I had beaten Doom, Thanos, etc...just being a girl who can talk to squirrels and thinking you can be a superhero based on that takes REAL optimism!)

The art...well, it's not my cup of tea at all. But before someone labels me a 'zombie' or takes away my "cool kid" badge, I don't think it's "bad" art, I just wish it weren't being used for this title. I bristled about Pulido's work on She-Hulk and said he might be better suited to this book. This work is perfectly fine for a totally kid based book like Scooby Doo or something that should be 'cartooony'...no, I understand this isn't going to be a grim and gritty title but she's an established hero in the Marvel U and I don't even recognize her or the other Marvel characters.
    But this a comedy book totally unrelated to the rest of the Marvel Universe. In fact, I'd argue that if it weren't for fans' obsession with continuity, this would be marketed as a special out of continuity series.

Ah.. A comedy book.

Not interested.

I really wanted this to be a serious book. Like how Bendis wrote SG in Fear Itself tie-ins of New Avengers.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    People are such robots. Anything that isn't the "house style" is considered ugly. No one appreciates style. **sigh**
    We should just go back to the 90s where everyone and their brother was a lame ass Image clone. And maybe see if we can get a few people to ape Deodato, too.

All-New Member

What happened to Squirrel Girl's tail on the fourth page? Her tail is established as being real and there's no way it's under those clothes. Has she gained the ability to retract it?

Also wasn't she already at university/college in New Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    But this a comedy book totally unrelated to the rest of the Marvel Universe. In fact, I'd argue that if it weren't for fans' obsession with continuity, this would be marketed as a special out of continuity series.
    I think I agree with this...you're right, the continuity is a sticking factor here, and it would probably be better off without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    The people who are complaining are just folks with a lack of wonder, imagination and a sense of humor. This comic book is going to be successful, especially if Adventure Time fans take an interest in it. It has the some kind of quirky humor and whimsical art fare as that of Bee & Puppycat or Sunset Overdrive. I like Erica Henderson's art on Squirrel Girl. Ryan North and Erica Henderson are doing for Marvel what Becky Cloonan, Babs Tarr and Cameron Stewart are doing for DC Comics and as a result it attracts a larger audience which in turn causes more people to take an interest in comic books and that's only a good thing. Titles such as Squirrel Girl, Gotham By Midnight, Gotham Academy, Jem & the Holograms and InHumans help garner the interest of female, teenage, young adult and average joe demographics and get them buying comics.

The problem is some people hate change and diversity but it's a blessing when the entertainment industry embraces the beautiful spectrum of individuality, metamorphosis and takes a divergent road to create colorful and whimsically unique experiences which enriches our comic reading experience. It's nice to see a step away from the dark greys, bloody reds and browns of past comics as titles like the Sara Pichelli illustrations on 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and Joe Madureira on the manga stylish 'inHumans'.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I'm not sure how you don't recognize Kraven the Hunter. It's just a cartoony version of him.
    I should have said "I barely recognize" them...good catch, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    The people who are complaining are just folks with a lack of wonder, imagination and a sense of humor. This comic book is going to be successful, especially if Adventure Time fans take an interest in it. It has the some kind of quirky humor and whimsical art fare as that of Bee & Puppycat or Sunset Overdrive. I like Erica Henderson's art on Squirrel Girl. Ryan North and Erica Henderson are doing for Marvel what Becky Cloonan, Babs Tarr and Cameron Stewart are doing for DC Comics and as a result it attracts a larger audience which in turn causes more people to take an interest in comic books and that's only a good thing. Titles such as Squirrel Girl, Gotham By Midnight, Gotham Academy, Jem & the Holograms and InHumans help garner the interest of female, teenage, young adult and average joe demographics and get them buying comics.

The problem is some people hate change and diversity but it's a blessing when the entertainment industry embraces the beautiful spectrum of individuality, metamorphosis and takes a divergent road to create colorful and whimsically unique experiences which enriches our comic reading experience. It's nice to see a step away from the dark greys, bloody reds and browns of past comics as titles like the Sara Pichelli illustrations on 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and Joe Madureira on the manga stylish 'inHumans'.
    That is exactly the point. The people who say this art is bad are evaluating it by the wrong standards. It's not supposed to look like standard superhero comic artwork.

The art isn't the best but it's not like recent She-Hulk fill in art bad and it's supposed to be cartoonish which I can live with, because I bet the book itself is going to be hilarious. I love that Squirrel Girl theme music; it's pure gold.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan