Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    What disappoints me is that people are disappointed that Marvel and DC aren't selling even more units, when Fantagraphics and ONI have less than half a percent of the market share combined.
    This chart direct market is mostly serialized issue-format stories. That's not what Fantagraphics especially specializes in. Their model is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by fredmanson View Post
    As always, I am really surprised by how low these numbers are vs. the real sales numbers. I think that it is time for Diamond AND for the publishers to publish the global numbers including overseas sales. I am living in France and I pre-order my books from the UK. I am not alone. We are a huge number of European readers buying US comic books. So, it's really time to think that the world is not "in the USA's borders" but it's the whole planet. Thanks.
    Publishing those numbers still won't change the fact that sales are down and continue to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I see this report as good news. DC isn't even 30% of the market. The independents are creeping up. My hope is that at some point, Warner Bros will wake up to the increasing malaise of the DC grim, gratuitous violence world that is drifting down in sales and fire Didio. They can then bring in a publisher that breaks out of this mold with books that are more uplifting and less disturbing that could bring in more sales.
    If we're lucky, that will happen.