Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Or read it because it looks like it may appeal to you, not to fulfill someone else's agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Or read it because it looks like it may appeal to you, not to fulfill someone else's agenda.
    Cheers to that. Read good stuff. It still surprises me how many people do otherwise, even by their own reckoning.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    So it's wrong to know the history of a character, You're so misguided. Knowledge is power not lack there of. Read as much as you can not discourage them from doing so.

Just terrible. I don't know how you call yourself a comic book fan discouraging someone from reading and discovering for themselves what they like and don't like about a character.
    Lexrules is at least some right here. Just read some of those synopsis of Post-Crisis Convergence stories. Some of those stories clearly carry on straight after the runs ended just before September. At least some of those require knowledge of what happened. I don't care how "new-reader friendly" they're supposed to be, a little foreknowledge of what went down would be best...though obviously not essential (I jumped straight into post-crisis early 2000s during several major arcs and still found my way about). Of course, that doesn't exactly narrow down what to read much.

As someone who's more familiar with the New52 than any other DC age, I'd recommend largely avoiding the tie-ins. I'll be buying the Convergence mini-series as that's what promises to be relevant, and the odd tie-in of the odd character that really interests me. Even then I'm still hesitant about buying any tie-ins. Like you I'm not really familiar with the references and importance of various things, so a lot of it will likely get lost on me.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

At this point I'm planning on getting half of them.
    Week 1
    1. SUPERMAN
    2. THE ATOM
    3. SPEED FORCE
    4. JUSTICE LEAGUE
    5. QUESTION
    Week 2
    6. GREEN ARROW
    7. SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL
    8. JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
    9. SUPERGIRL: MATRIX
    10. AQUAMAN