Incredible Member

Default New very informative Mignola interview

Part 1 http://www.comicvine.com/articles/in...s/1100-150496/
    Part 2 http://www.comicvine.com/articles/in...a/1100-150552/

The most important bit I think is this:

The HELLBOY IN HELL stuff is really what it's shaped up to be is four trade paperbacks worth of material that tell one, big story and kind of get Hellboy where he's going and resolve a lot of things and finally put certain things to rest and answer thing question and that question. It wasn't originally supposed to be like that. It was supposed be a prorate of small, little, odd stories and those stories started connecting up and certain events that happened in the first series, I realized they were very big events. They would impact this and they would impact that and here I am with this big-ass epic that I didn't really plan on. Issues 7 and 8 are a two-issue story and they do stand alone to a certain extent, but they do kind of resolve something that started in the first series, so it's done in small increments, in one and two issue stories, but they are telling one big story.
    Now let's just hope that Mignola will have some time to draw.

The podcast is excellent, by the way.

Amazing Member

I'm so excited right now, the news themselves are like an early Christmas present!
    It's really interesting to see MM's creative process grows beyond his initial expectation.
    He can always make short stories into a tight-knit epic.
    I know I gripe about the current direction of Hellboy's story and think there isn't enough resolution.
    But it seems like these 4 TPBs are something to really look forward to.
    Hellboy and the BPRD 1952 is also amazing. Can't wait for the part where MM finally explores Hellboy's relationship with his father.
    They touched upon it in BPRD 1940s series, but always from a more distant view (ie argument between other people and Prof Broom)
    Also it's nice to see The Amazing Screw-On Head being mentioned too.

All-New Member

thanks, mike is great whenever he's on