Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Frank Castle: Punisher Appreciation 2018

New Board New Punisher appreciation thread

Lets celebrate Marvel's #1 Anti-Hero!!

All-New Member

Hear, hear! He recently turned forty, let's keep it up.
    Last edited by Fear Embodied; 05-01-2014 at 11:18 PM.

10 more years to hit the big 5

Original Sin #1 preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21455
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 05-01-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    New Board New Punisher appreciation thread

Lets celebrate Marvel's #1 Anti-Hero!!

Always willing to celebrate the greatness of Frank Castle. Just a little correction though my friend. Frank is COMICS #1 Anti-Hero. Not just Marvel's .
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Always willing to celebrate the greatness of Frank Castle. Just a little correction though my friend. Frank is COMICS #1 Anti-Hero. Not just Marvel's .
    Hahaha my mistake

Nothing better happen to Loot, I love that Coyote

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21471

I'm loving the new take on Frank. I think Edmondson and Gerads are doing a fantastic job with a character that seemed to have lost his way recently.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

At 55, I'm old enough to have Spidey #129 with the Punisher's debut in my collection, and that how Frank Castle had been patterned after the literary world's number one vigilante, Mack Bolan, a.k.a. The Executioner. I'm also enjoying the new series, though, at the risk of sounding somewhat childish, I kinda miss Frank wearing his old "skull suit"!

But hey, happy birthday, Frank!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    At 55, I'm old enough to have Spidey #129 with the Punisher's debut in my collection, and that how Frank Castle had been patterned after the literary world's number one vigilante, Mack Bolan, a.k.a. The Executioner. I'm also enjoying the new series, though, at the risk of sounding somewhat childish, I kinda miss Frank wearing his old "skull suit"!

But hey, happy birthday, Frank!
    I can see that about the suit. But I do like how it's still incorporated into the new design. I always like Frank on the edges of the superhero world of Marvel. He'd cross paths with Spidey and Daredevil, but he really had no place trying to mix it up with a traditional super villan. So I'm liking the fact that in this first arc they have giving a plausible reason for Electro showing while, while still keeping Frank pretty much grounded. I think the traditional skull suit would take away from that some. But I still like that classic look, also.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeenerED View Post
    I can see that about the suit. But I do like how it's still incorporated into the new design. I always like Frank on the edges of the superhero world of Marvel. He'd cross paths with Spidey and Daredevil, but he really had no place trying to mix it up with a traditional super villan. So I'm liking the fact that in this first arc they have giving a plausible reason for Electro showing while, while still keeping Frank pretty much grounded. I think the traditional skull suit would take away from that some. But I still like that classic look, also.
    True, quite true. However, I did like Frank's look from the Avengers Confidential movie:

Now THAT I think would work well in the Marvel Universe.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'll throw my hat into this appreciation thread. Rucka opened my eyes to Frank. I might try this current team collected.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    True, quite true. However, I did like Frank's look from the Avengers Confidential movie:

Now THAT I think would work well in the Marvel Universe.
    That one would definitely work. It's a little more "superhero" to what Gerads has him in now I believe though. But it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I'll throw my hat into this appreciation thread. Rucka opened my eyes to Frank. I might try this current team collected.
    You'll have to let us know what you think. So far I think it's been excellent. A ground Frank Castle that moved to LA where the "superhero" population is low, and he's back to being a tactitian and weapons expert. Really good so far.

Fantastic Member

Loving the current Punisher run. It has a way to go to beat Rucka's run as my favourite 616 interpretation of the character. I'm an Ennis MAX-head at heart, but I'll take me some Punisher any ways I can. One thing I hope does not happen. The return to white boots and gloves. I never liked that look. His current look works. Something similar to the Punisher Warzone movie look. This book is moving in the right direction.

Really liking the current series other than the use of Electro (he looks absurd and I find him kind of boring here). Domino is a much better fit and I think the Howling Commandos hunting Frank is a superb long-form plotline.

Frank is such a badass in this book and I really like how they've given him more of a dry sense of humor. Gerads' art, especially his panel-to-panel flow for action scenes is really excellent. The mask in particular is just soooooo badass and instant classic Punisher.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

So far this run has been great... I'm liking this new take of the Punisher by Edmonds and Gerads. I'm feeling that Frank is getting more "depth" than ever and for those who know the old Punisher comics will found this portrait very similar to the ones written by Baron, Potts and so on... Frank needed for a long time a good supporting cast, Tuggs, Loot and Sammy are quite interesting and they are on the other side responsible for this success too.

I don't care too much about Electro, to be honest, i'm more interested in the Howling Commandos and now with Domino.