Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    BANNED

New interview with Rosenberg. Don't think anyone's posted it here yet:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=55796174

I am so freaking stoked for this week's issue. Cannot wait to see where Rosenberg is going to take Frank. I think this run is going to blow the doors off of the already amazing, insta-classic War Machine arc. Frank taking on Zemo and the Mandarin? Yes, please!!

The preview pages from one look gorgeous. I just wonder if we'll ever find out what was behind the artist change, though. Riccardo Burchielli would have made a fine Punisher artist and it's crazy that he didn't even do one issue. Still, I sure ain't complain' about Szymon Kudranski! Very happy with how this book is looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    New interview with Rosenberg. Don't think anyone's posted it here yet:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=55796174

I am so freaking stoked for this week's issue. Cannot wait to see where Rosenberg is going to take Frank. I think this run is going to blow the doors off of the already amazing, insta-classic War Machine arc. Frank taking on Zemo and the Mandarin? Yes, please!!

The preview pages from one look gorgeous. I just wonder if we'll ever find out what was behind the artist change, though. Riccardo Burchielli would have made a fine Punisher artist and it's crazy that he didn't even do one issue. Still, I sure ain't complain' about Szymon Kudranski! Very happy with how this book is looking!
    100% agreed. I can't wait for this one. Rosenberg has been stellar and I love the art.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Great read. Rosenberg continues his magic. Loved the art for the issue as well. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Great read. Rosenberg continues his magic. Loved the art for the issue as well. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.
    Agreed story was great. After the fantastic War Machine arcs, this is like the Greg Rucka run all over again. Action packed and with lots of familiar faces. Looking to the rest of the arc.

I was not a big fan of this issue. I thought after reading the last issue of the War Machine arc I would be blown away (since it is a new #1 and all). I don't like the art myself, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. I like that he was "Punishing" throughout the book (when he showed up), and love the "Big Kill" he got in this issue. Over all though, just a 3.25 out of 5 for me.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

I like seeing Zemo actually losing his cool.

Zemo is always so composed and Frank broke him.

BANNED

This was a really good start.

Definitely makes it very clear that Frank is after big game.

However, I hope we'll hear more from Frank himself going forward. One of the things I liked best about Rosenberg's handling of Frank is how well he got his voice and how well he was able to capture the dry humor of Frank, in a way that pretty much no one besides Ennis as done as well. There's little to nothing of that here and I hope Rosenberg isn't just going to have Frank be this completely stoic, silent figure in this volume.

That slight worry aside, I was overall impressed with this issue.

It's totally hardcore and Frank isn't holding back. Should be fun to see how much he makes Zemo sweat.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 08-22-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Rucka did the stoic, silent figure really well. I'm still debating which type of Frank I like better.

uhhh.... wow..

spoilers
    [spoiler]So, is this the "real" Mandarin who was killed? The real guy? Not Trevor something from the movie? Is there going to be an immediate retcon in the Iron Man series, to make it an LMD android, clone, something else? I guess we'll see...[/spoiler]

Reminds me how Remenders run started with Frank sniping Osborn but failing...only here, it actually happens. As much as I like rogue Frank a la Ellis and Edmunson, I like when Frank does his thing with the whole MU looking at him and what a start.

Question is, how much is that big moment gonna stick?

It has to be an LMD or something. The Mandarin is a superhuman martial artist. He dodges bullets like it's nothing. No way would the real Mandarin just stand there waiting for a bullet to hit him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It has to be an LMD or something. The Mandarin is a superhuman martial artist. He dodges bullets like it's nothing. No way would the real Mandarin just stand there waiting for a bullet to hit him.
    I think it's implied that the bullet and the gun itself have some special qualities to them.

I think it's implied that the bullet and the gun itself have some special qualities to them.
    Just like a lot of the weapons Frank took throughout the issue

I got that. It's not about the bullet, it's about how Mandarin himself fought. He's not the kind of character who just stands there behind a shield. He's extraordinarily fast, skilled, and aggressive. When someone shoots at him, he dodges, and he does it fast. In this story he's acting like Magneto or something. That should have ended in Mandarin dodging the bullet, jumping on Frank and karate-chopping him to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I got that. It's not about the bullet, it's about how Mandarin himself fought. He's not the kind of character who just stands there behind a shield. He's extraordinarily fast, skilled, and aggressive. When someone shoots at him, he dodges, and he does it fast. In this story he's acting like Magneto or something. That should have ended in Mandarin dodging the bullet, jumping on Frank and karate-chopping him to pieces.
    I think it was implied that he was insulted someone would bother shooting at him and he didnt' realize it until it was too late that his shield wasn't going to work. His arrogance killed him more than anything.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html