Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast

spoilers:
    Dmitri's dialogue in this issue kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. He's sounds like one of those normal NY street villains and not a Russian who doesn't speak English as his first language. It's a nitpick. What's more important is the Mandarin rings reveal at the end, which didn't really do much for me as I don't know this guy and it just reminds me that Mandarin just magically came back for this book just to die. But these rings were in Stark custody and one belonged to Red Peril, so it's just more confusing that they went for a continuity headache instead of just picking another villain.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spoilers:
    Dmitri's dialogue in this issue kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. He's sounds like one of those normal NY street villains and not a Russian who doesn't speak English as his first language. It's a nitpick. What's more important is the Mandarin rings reveal at the end, which didn't really do much for me as I don't know this guy and it just reminds me that Mandarin just magically came back for this book just to die. But these rings were in Stark custody and one belonged to Red Peril, so it's just more confusing that they went for a continuity headache instead of just picking another villain.
    end of spoilers
    New guy will just be a vessel for the original Mandarin to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    New guy will just be a vessel for the original Mandarin to return.
    I hope so. Because the rings without the real Mandarin are boring.

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I like that he'll be included in War of the Realms. Probably a lot like Daredevil, some vile creature from some realm is going to spill over into NYC/Hell's Kitchen and Frank and Matt are going to get roped into it. That's just how I see them being involved, anyway. Don't know if that's true.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...ks-punisher-5/

This is dumb. The Mandarin's rings don't have the ability to conjure force-fields in people's lungs. This guy writes the Mandarin like he was Magneto. It's annoying.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    My issue with Punisher being involved in Superhero and supervillain stuff is that the stories tend to be the same. Some superhero usually argues/battles with the Punisher (generally about him being a crazy murderer that needs to be brought to justice) and then they temporarily team up to take on some villain. Once the villain is defeated the Punisher leaves/escapes and the superhero says that next time they meet he/she will take down the Punisher.

The Punisher will never permanently kill any supervillain of note and generally most costumed supervillains aren't depicted as being irredeemable evil people who do dark horrific things that would warrant the Punisher coming after them.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...ks-punisher-5/

This is dumb. The Mandarin's rings don't have the ability to conjure force-fields in people's lungs. This guy writes the Mandarin like he was Magneto. It's annoying.
    Magneto has never created a force field in someone's lungs. that's Susan Richards m.o. The Mandarin can solidify air and create gravity fields, though. this newb might just be employing illusion/making Frank think that he can't breathe. it's equally humiliating.

Another great story comes to an end. But the year to come shall be interesting. And it all starts in baggalia.

BANNED

Today's issue was absolutely on fire. Man, does Rosenberg know how to write Frank at his killing machine best. May he stay on this book forever.

And as good as today's issue was, it's pretty clear that it's just an appetizer for the unholy ass-kicking to come.

Also, things are gonna get ugly between Frank and Fury once Zemo's out of the way.

This book HAS to collide with Captain America at some point, right? I mean, it's just got to.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Today's issue was absolutely on fire. Man, does Rosenberg know how to write Frank at his killing machine best. May he stay on this book forever.

And as good as today's issue was, it's pretty clear that it's just an appetizer for the unholy ass-kicking to come.

Also, things are gonna get ugly between Frank and Fury once Zemo's out of the way.
    why would fury and castle tangle at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Because ever since Fury roped Frank into using the War Machine armor, Frank has listened to exactly 0 of Fury's orders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Well, that would involve spoilers for today's issue. Suffice it to say, it looks like Fury did Frank wrong and I'm sure Frank's gonna want to show Fury how he feels about that.

On the other hand, in the end he might have also done Frank a great favor so we'll see what happens. Either way, blood will be running and bodies will be falling.

he gave him what he asked for