Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't think leaving out Black Ant is that much of an issue. I mean...so what if he wasn't here? Yes, he had ties to the SE event but it's not like he was such a big player that he has to be included in any future reference of it.

that's one interpretation. another interpretation is that he was a big player. he was second in command of Bagalia to Taskmaster. the two of them were Madame Hydra's personal security. then they were both Captain America's handpicked Avengers. Eric is the one who captured Rick Jones. Taskmaster and Black Ant also freed the Champions, during the final battle. if they are going to keep having Taskmaster pop up in conjunction to Secret Empire, why wouldn't Black Ant also be there? again, Castle is gunning for the remnants of Hydra. Eric was following evil Steve Rogers. Ghost had no connection to Secret Empire. this is common sense.

And certainly Ghost was a more effective person for Zemo to have around in this situation.
    how so? by being invisible? by being able to nerf an armored individual? can Ghost grow in size?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-13-2018 at 03:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's one interpretation. another interpretation is that he was a big player. he was second in command of Bagalia to Taskmaster. the two of them were Madame Hydra's personal security. then they were both Captain America's handpicked Avengers. Eric is the one who captured Rick Jones. Taskmaster and Black Ant also freed the Champions, during the final battle. if they are going to keep having Taskmaster pop up in conjunction to Secret Empire, why wouldn't Black Ant also be there?
    Well, Taskmaster is cooler than Black Ant. Of course he's going to show up more.

On an actual character level, Taskmaster is just more likely to keep throwing his lot in with the likes of Hydra.

how so? by being invisible? by being able to nerf an armored individual? can Ghost grow in size?
    Frank was mopping up the floor with everyone until the Ghost short-circuited his armor. Seems like he had a useful role to play.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 06-13-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Well, Taskmaster is cooler than Black Ant. Of course he's going to show up more.

On an actual character level, Taskmaster is just more likely to keep throwing his lot in with the likes of Hydra.
    you make it seem as if I were asking for Taskmaster to not be there. on an actual character level, Black Ant is 100 X more likely to run with Hydra. Taskmaster does evil deeds for money. Black Ant is a soulless LMD that kills people for entertainment. he joined the Hood's gang knowing that the latter was in league with satan. and, like I mentioned, he's the one that retrieved Rick Jones. who did Taskmaster take down during Secret Empire?

Frank was moping up the floor with everyone until the Ghost short-circuited his armor. Seems like he had a useful role to play.
    do I really need to detail the times that Eric has made the last minute save? it's his thing. he surprise attacks people. he took out Deadpool. and he knows the War Machine armor.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-13-2018 at 03:16 PM.

BANNED

you make it seem as if I were asking for Taskmaster to not be there. on an actual character level, Black Ant is 100 X more likely to run with Hydra. Taskmaster does evil deeds for money. Black Ant is a soulless LMD that kills people for entertainment. he joined the Hood's gang knowing that the latter was in league with satan. and, like I mentioned, he's the one that retrieved Rick Jones. who did Taskmaster take down during Secret Empire?

do I really need to detail the times that Eric has made the last minute save? it's his thing. he surprise attacks people. he took out Deadpool. and he knows the War Machine armor.

I'm sure had Black Ant been there rather than Ghost, he would've been fine.

I just don't think his absence is any serious detriment to the story itself.

Had he been there, cool. But the fact that he wasn't is inconsequential. I don't think keeping track of Black Ant is any big deal.

I'm sure he'll pop up elsewhere at some point.

I'm sure had Black Ant been there rather than Ghost, he would've been fine.

I just don't think his absence is any serious detriment to the story itself.

Had he been there, cool. But the fact that he wasn't is inconsequential.
    I heard you the first time. Ghost was not a part of Captain Hydra's army. Black Ant was a part of that army. if it were Viper instead of Ghost, I wouldn't be posting. I'd be disappointed but I would understand that he simply wasn't chosen. but I follow some of these characters. I know what Ghost was doing when we last saw him. I know that he'd be deadset against being part of someone's fascist regime. it's why he wasn't a part of Secret Empire. this Punisher arc is about him hunting down major players in nu-Hydra, yes? Ghost being there makes no sense.

BANNED

I heard you the first time. Ghost was not a part of Captain Hydra's army. Black Ant was a part of that army. if it were Viper instead of Ghost, I wouldn't be posting. I'd be disappointed but I would understand that he simply wasn't chosen. but I follow some of these characters. I know what Ghost was doing when we last saw him. I know that he'd be deadset against being part of someone's fascist regime. it's why he wasn't a part of Secret Empire. this Punisher arc is about him hunting down major players in nu-Hydra, yes? Ghost being there makes no sense.
    Do you know everything that Ghost has been up to?

Is it possible that a story could be written to explain, in detail, the reason why Ghost was there and Black Ant was not?

Yes, of course. Because this is a fictional universe where characters can be anywhere the writers decide they need to be or not need to be.

Is the Ghost's inclusion (and the Black Ant's absence) something that most readers will find to be a distracting element to the point where it actually needed an explanation in order to enjoy the rest of the story in which these characters are only peripheral players?

I'm guessing no. But to each their own.

On an unrelated note:

Look, I didn't actually read Secret Empire - because I only have so much money and don't like any of it going to things with Nick Spencer's name on them - but I kept up with its goings-on via the boards here since some comics I liked had tie-ins. I knew about Castle joining Hydra, even though Becky Cloonan chose to essentially ignore it (a decision I agreed with then and still do now). Thing is, since we're now actively dealing with it in Punisher, I gotta ask - did Secret Empire ever explain WHY Castle signed up with Hydra? Because Rosenberg seems to be dancing around the 'why' and just skipping to 'welp I guess he's real apologetic about it!'. It's actively distracting from my enjoyment of the book.

Please, please don't let the answer just be Frank's supposedly deep affection for/loyalty to Captain America. That notion held zero water back in Civil War and it's no better now.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    On an unrelated note:

Look, I didn't actually read Secret Empire - because I only have so much money and don't like any of it going to things with Nick Spencer's name on them - but I kept up with its goings-on via the boards here since some comics I liked had tie-ins. I knew about Castle joining Hydra, even though Becky Cloonan chose to essentially ignore it (a decision I agreed with then and still do now). Thing is, since we're now actively dealing with it in Punisher, I gotta ask - did Secret Empire ever explain WHY Castle signed up with Hydra? Because Rosenberg seems to be dancing around the 'why' and just skipping to 'welp I guess he's real apologetic about it!'. It's actively distracting from my enjoyment of the book.

Please, please don't let the answer just be Frank's supposedly deep affection for/loyalty to Captain America. That notion held zero water back in Civil War and it's no better now.
    I would say that his admiration for Captain America and his hardened stance on lawfulness had a lot to do with it. whether he's willing to accept it or not, Castle's actions are fascistic. he has made himself the ultimate authority. his rules supercede anything like civil rights.

Do you know everything that Ghost has been up to?
    yes. he's not real. it's quite easy to follow his appearances.

Is it possible that a story could be written to explain, in detail, the reason why Ghost was there and Black Ant was not?
    wake me up when that happens.

Is the Ghost's inclusion (and the Black Ant's absence) something that most readers will find to be a distracting element to the point where it actually needed an explanation in order to enjoy the rest of the story in which these characters are only peripheral players?

I'm guessing no. But to each their own.
    yes, to each their own. you're replying to someone for whom Ghost's inclusion was a distraction. I didn't purchase the book because of this and Black Ant not appearing. I was quite hopeful prior to that. I'm a big helmut zemo fan. and I like Castle in the War Machine armor.

Mighty Member

I flipped through issue 225 yesterday. (Time and money are scarce this week. I can buy it Friday. Maybe read it over the weekend.)

It looks like Rosenberg (or Marvel Editorial through Rosenberg) is nudging Frank back in to (or at least closer to) the hero-column. The Punisher spends most of the issue fighting bad guys....spoilers:
    and ends up teaming up with Widow and Winter Soldier.
    end of spoilers A return to stasis quo was inevitable. But, I am not overly thrilled about it.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

yes. he's not real. it's quite easy to follow his appearances.
    Yes, but these characters do have a "life" outside the panels. Any action (or inaction) in one story can be explained or filled in at a later date in another story.

wake me up when that happens.
    Of course that story's not coming because, obviously, the demand for knowing the comings and goings of Black Ant is just not that high.

Yes, but these characters do have a "life" outside the panels. Any action (or inaction) in one story can be explained or filled in at a later date in another story.

Of course that story's not coming because, obviously, the demand for knowing the comings and goings of Black Ant is just not that high.
    Why do people think that they have to broadcast their apathy? This isn't about you. I posted about a small continuity error. It didn't require a response.

Cosmic Ghost Rider is getting variant covers in September.

Another great issue.

Hawkeye was so stupid and hypocritical with his sermon.

A bunch of points for Black Widow for shutting him up. The hypocrisy of Clint was off the charts.

I was laughing when Frank was like, bruh??? LOL!

Hey guys there is a Punisher sale on Comixology was wondering whats worth getting besides the ennis and rucka stuff