Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ThiefHookUps View Post
    Bad news, but thanks.
    It depends, personally if Edmondson doesn't change the way he is doing this ongoing it's better to end it, imo. I'm waiting for the Punisher MAX miniseries The Platoon by Ennis and Parlov and from Punisher: End of Days by Bendis and David Mack.
    Last edited by Bionder; 02-09-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

As of right now, which of those AREN't canon? Only MAX, yeah?
    I didn't realize the MAX series (coming into it all well after the imprint was launched) wasn't canon. It might as well be. It doesn't contradict or hurt the 616 Punisher in any way, does it? The only thing would be that
    I think hardcore canon types would rule it not canon. No sliding scale (Vietnam), he's older, Microchip is pretty different I think, Nick Fury is pretty different I think, daughter, etc, etc.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-200111
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-09-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Mighty Member

After loving Remender's run, and LOVING Rucka, Edmondson falls flat for me. No analysis of Frank's psyche; it's just a dude with a gun. If he's still writing after Secret Wars, I'm done.

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    It depends, personally if Edmondson doesn't change the way he is doing this ongoing it's better to end it, imo. I'm waiting for the Punisher MAX miniseries The Platoon by Ennis and Parlov and from Punisher: End of Days by Bendis and David Mack.
    I didn't know about those. I'm not interested in the Bendis-Mack one at all but Ennis and Parlov should be good! I wonder if they will start doing Punisher minis instead of on-goings given his on-goings haven't been last for very long lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    After loving Remender's run, and LOVING Rucka, Edmondson falls flat for me. No analysis of Frank's psyche; it's just a dude with a gun. If he's still writing after Secret Wars, I'm done.
    Despite what Remender did to the character during the Franken-Castle arc, before that and in "In the Blood" miniseries were really good.

Secret Wars will begin in May at the same time as the last issue will be released.

I didn't know about those. I'm not interested in the Bendis-Mack one at all but Ennis and Parlov should be good! I wonder if they will start doing Punisher minis instead of on-goings given his on-goings haven't been last for very long lately.
    To be honest i don't mind having miniseries with different creative teams, instead of poor ongoings.

Mighty Member

Despite what Remender did to the character during the Franken-Castle arc, before that and in "In the Blood" miniseries were really good.

Secret Wars will begin in May at the same time as the last issue will be released.
    Well, that doesn't really mean much considering "everything ends" for the duration of Secret Wars. Edmondson could pick right up again afterward, like I expect many other books/writers to do.

Well, that doesn't really mean much considering "everything ends" for the duration of Secret Wars. Edmondson could pick right up again afterward, like I expect many other books/writers to do.
    If we were talking about a hit on the sales, that could be a possibility, but it's the opposite. I don't believe that Edmondson will continue to tell his story regarding the Punisher.

My main problem is the writing... I'm not used to the Punisher being so "incompetent" dealing with guys like the Howling Commandos. My Punisher could get rid of these COD freaks in one issue using old school weaponry and tactics.
    I only made it through the first arc of this version and dropped it for the reason you mentioned. Sounds like things haven't gotten any better.

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

Punisher gets caught an awful lot in this series for my liking. I liked the first few issues with Frank being a little more talkative and a few supporting characters being introduced along with a seemingly well-balanced presentation of "real world" criminals and supervillains. But I think after Frank was captured by Electro the book lost some of it's energy and has remained that way since.

Mighty Member

I know comics are comics and nothing ever changes and all that, but after his partnership with Alves, you'd think Frank would realize he can't bring anyone else into his world. The huge supporting cast drives me crazy, because I want to believe he's smart enough to not endanger others with his personal war.

Punisher gets caught an awful lot in this series for my liking. I liked the first few issues with Frank being a little more talkative and a few supporting characters being introduced along with a seemingly well-balanced presentation of "real world" criminals and supervillains. But I think after Frank was captured by Electro the book lost some of it's energy and has remained that way since.
    He wasn't caught by Electro... Domino surprised Frank and hit him in the head to save Electro. He was caught later on by small time cartel in Mexico, then by Crossbones team, he was in prison (despite being all set up by him and Widow) and now prisoner by the Howling Commandos.

I know comics are comics and nothing ever changes and all that, but after his partnership with Alves, you'd think Frank would realize he can't bring anyone else into his world. The huge supporting cast drives me crazy, because I want to believe he's smart enough to not endanger others with his personal war.
    But having supporting cast can give some "layers" to the character, instead of being "one sided". Without someone backing him up he wouldn't last more than a few days.
    His partnership with Microchip and later on with Henry was the perfect match for him. He doesn't need a unit, but one or two people that can help him with his war.

Even Garth Ennis introduced someone who back him up (Soap) in his MK run and Nick Fury, O'Brien and Yorkie in MAX.

Mighty Member

And they all end up dead or screwed up! I thought he cared about the innocent!

Yes, but it worked and give some substance to the character that matters... The Punisher.