Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

I'll just leave this here...

May the best(?) man win!

Written by Fred Van Lente and drawn by Pere Perez

The Bank is a shadowy character who’s existed in the Marvel Universe for decades, but we’ve never heard of him before because he is very much off the grid—he’s as his name implies a money man, who handles offshore accounts for a variety of amoral-to-immoral characters and organizations.

He also happens to be one of Wade Wilson’s best friends, having known Deadpool before his Weapon X days, and so when Punisher decides to bring The Bank down, he’s got to go through Deadpool to do that, and you know what? Frank doesn’t really have a problem with that, since he doesn’t like Wade all that much anyway.

There’s a bit more to it than that, but that would get into spoiler territory, so I will leave it there for now…

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    i'll just leave this here...

May the best(?) man win!

written by fred van lente and drawn by pere perez
    omg im so frggin ready for this!!!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i hope thats good
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Man.. had to dig deep for this thread. Here's cover #2 to the DPvPunisher mini:

IN APRIL:

DEADPOOL VS. THE PUNISHER #1 & 2 (OF 5)
    FRED VAN LENTE (W) • PERE PEREZ (A)
    CoverS by DECLAN SHALVEY
    Issue 1 VARIANT COVER A BY TBA
    Issue 1 VARIANT COVER B BY TBA
    Issue 2 VARIANT COVER A BY TBA
    Issue 2 VARIANT COVER B BY TBA
    Frank Castle has an unstoppable will — a powerful drive to punish those who do wrong, rooted in the tragic killing of his family. Wade Wilson has an unstoppable mouth — an unthinking knack for annoying everyone around him, rooted in thinking he’s funny. Both men, however, are among the deadliest on the planet. When they find themselves in disagreement over the criminal known as The Bank, they’re in for one of the most brutal fights of their lives! Can Frank kill Wade over and over without ever dying once himself? Or will Wade bug him until he welcomes death?
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Parental Advisory …$3.99 (EACH)

(covers above)

THE PUNISHER #11
    BECKY CLOONAN (W) • MATT HORAK (A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    BLOOD IN THE WATER! Frank is being held hostage on a freighter full of armed goons. They’re going to need a bigger boat.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Tim Bradstreet!!!

Cover of Marvel Knights Punisher #1 by Tim Bradstreet http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....im_bradstreet/

Doctor Strange-The Punisher - Magic Bullets #8 of 8 [2017 Infinite Comic]
    Doctor_Strange_The_Punisher_Magic_Bullets_08.jpg
    The failed Holy Water plan was alright, Dr.Strange with machine gun wanting gimmick, but the key memorable scene was Frank's "ABRACABRA" panel - even though Ralph Bakshi did it better back in 1977 with the Wizards film.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I might be in the minority but for me Leandro Fernandez (Kitchen Irish) is my 2nd favourite Punisher artist, Goran Parlov (Barracuda) has the top spot.
    You're not alone, my friend.

Parlov and Fernandez are my two favorite Punisher artists.

I'd love for Christopher Priest to write the Punisher for a length of time. He's already written Deadpool; he'd also be a good pick for the next team-up between the two of them.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

he is so iconic
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Cover of Marvel Knights Punisher #1 by Tim Bradstreet http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....im_bradstreet/
    I have this exact card hanging off the wall in my room
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

How was the recent mini series with Dr Strange? Worth going back and picking up?

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Catching up on solicitations....

This month:

THE PUNISHER #12
    BECKY CLOONAN (W) • MATT HORAK (A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    ARCTIC TIC TIC…BOOM!
    • Condor’s trail runs cold...ICE cold!
    • It’s Frank versus Olaf in the fight to take down Condor once and for all!
    • But what about Agent Ortiz and Face?

DEADPOOL VS. THE PUNISHER #3 & 4 (of 5)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    ISSUE #3 - VARIANT COVER BY Pere Perez
    ISSUE #4 - VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • I just realized —
    • Deadpool has trouble being frank…
    • And Frank Castle has trouble being dead.
    • …well, I thought it was funny.

PUNISHER BY GARTH ENNIS OMNIBUS HC (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by GARTH ENNIS & STEVE DILLON
    Penciled by STEVE DILLON, DARICK ROBERTSON, TOM MANDRAKE, CAM KENNEDY, JOHN MCCREA, DOUG BRAITHWAITE & JOE QUESADA
    Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
    The bodies of drug dealers, murderers and the scum of the Earth litter the streets — the Punisher is back, and more brutal than ever, courtesy of writer Garth Ennis! The critically acclaimed creator that brought you Preacher restores one of the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe to his former glory and ultraviolent roots. Stripped of sidekicks, spiritual directives and other excess baggage, the vengeance-crazed vigilante hits the mean streets of New York City with a renewed sense of purpose! Lawbreakers beware: Frank Castle is locked, loaded and waiting for you to slip up! Collecting PUNISHER (2000) #1-12, PUNISHER (2001) #1-7 and #13-37, PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE, and material from MARVEL KNIGHTS DOUBLE SHOT #1.
    1136 PGS./Parental Advisory …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90788-4
    Trim size: oversized

PUNISHER: BACK TO THE WAR OMNIBUS HC
    Written by GERRY CONWAY, LEN WEIN & STEVEN GRANT with ARCHIE GOODWIN, MARV WOLFMAN, DENNIS O’NEIL, FRANK MILLER, ROGER MCKENZIE, MIKE BARR, BILL MANTLO & JO DUFFY
    Penciled by ROSS ANDRU, TONY DEZUNIGA, FRANK MILLER & MIKE ZECK with KEITH POLLARD, FRANK SPRINGER, AL MILGROM, GREG LAROCQUE & MIKE VOSBURG
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    Variant Cover by MIKE ZECK
    Frank Castle’s war begins here! From his debut in Amazing Spider-Man to his hit 1986 Circle of Blood miniseries, the first entries in the Punisher’s war journal are collected in this can’t-miss Omnibus. In 1973, the Punisher set his sights on the criminal underworld. Comic books were never the same. A grim figure willing to achieve justice by any means, the Punisher shook the black-and-white world of heroes and villains off its foundation. Top creators, from Frank Miller to Mike Zeck, brought a striking depth and moral resonance to the Punisher, and each of their character-defining stories is collected here. Featuring a massive trove of original art, sketches, posters and more, this is the definitive edition for every Punisher fan.Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #129, #134-135, #161-162, #174-175, #201-202 & ANNUAL (1964) #15; GIANT-SIZE SPIDER-MAN (1974) #4; MARVEL PREVIEW (1975) 2; MARVEL SUPER ACTION (1976) #1; CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #241; DAREDEVIL (1964) #182-184; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #81-83; and PUNISHER (1986) #1-5.
    696 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90823-2

PUNISHER: BACK TO THE WAR OMNIBUS HC VARIANT (DM ONLY)
    696 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90824-9

June 2017: (Kris Anka on Punisher art duties)

THE PUNISHER #13
    BECKY CLOONAN (W) • KRIS ANKA (A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    MARY JANE VARIANT BY DAVID WILLIAMS
    THE PUNISHER IS BACK IN THE BIG APPLE!
    • Start spreading the bullets! He’s coming today!
    • He wants to destroy the crime of it! New York, New York!

DEADPOOL VS. THE PUNISHER #5 (of 5)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    • When the shells all hit the ground, who finally wins?
    • I mean, aside from ammunition manufacturers.
    • Find out inside — the last round is finally here!

THE PUNISHER VOL. 2: END OF THE LINE TPB
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN
    Penciled by STEVE DILLON, MATT HORAK, LAURA BRAGA & IOLANDA ZANFARDINO
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    The Punisher’s mission takes him from wilderness to frozen wasteland! But as Frank’s quest to bring down a super-powered drug ring sends him far off-road and deep into the woods, the predator may become the prey! Agent Ortiz chased Frank into hell and came out the other side. But now she’s no longer hunting Frank with the D.E.A. This time, as they say, it’s personal! But against both the Punisher and an entire outfit of deadly mercenaries, Agent Ortiz might be in trouble! Then, Frank is held hostage on a freighter full of armed goons. They’re going to need a bigger boat. It’s all leading to an Arctic showdown, where revenge will be served cold. Ice-cold! Collecting THE PUNISHER (2016) #7-12.
    136 PGS./Parental Advisory …$17.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90048-9