Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

I barely managed to watch the first 2 episodes.In my defense,work has pilled up.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

I dont know how fans are not talking about this, is the best marvel live action has done this year, and maybe in years
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Read Legacy Punisher #218 last night. It's an interesting hook having Frank in the War Machine armor if only for one arc. Not to unlike his Captain America tribute arc after Steve "died" in Civil War. I found the banter between the Chernayans and the Brooklyn gang at the start to be rather funny. Nick Jr. using the kids angle on Frank was exactly the thing to do. I also found the art on the armor to be a bit off but hopefully next issue when it's majorly featured it's done right.

I'm only 2 episodes into the Netflix show and enjoyed both of them. I can appreciate the approach they are taking thus far. Hopefully I can finish it up over the next two weeks. Life is just too full to waste one whole day binging. I don't see how people do it. Just knowing I'll be done with it in a few weeks and then the next season may not show up is bummer enough. With Disney pulling out of Netflix at the end of 2018 and knowing that Daredevil S3, Jessica Jones S2, Luke Cage S2 and Iron Fist S2 are already accounted for means we do not know the future of this Punisher series.....or any of them. All are more violent than Dinsey fare but maybe they all come over. Be shame to lose them.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    I dont know how fans are not talking about this, is the best marvel live action has done this year, and maybe in years
    There's not a big/vocal Punisher following on CBR either

There's a discussion thread for the show in the tv/film forum, though: http://community.comicbookresources....her-2017/page9
    Last edited by cc008; 11-21-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Its still a bit early I guess.There is still time for people to discover it.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    There's not a big/vocal Punisher following on CBR either

There's a discussion thread for the show in the tv/film forum, though: http://community.comicbookresources....her-2017/page9
    Well, this show made me a fan. Why people dont discuss other media from marvel on this forum? On the x men one we discuss everything! . I think berthal deserves a oscar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Well, this show made me a fan. Why people dont discuss other media from marvel on this forum? On the x men one we discuss everything! . I think berthal deserves a oscar
    Because x-fans around here are much more fanatical.

Wouldnt that be an Emmy?

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    Wouldnt that be an Emmy?
    Yes, an Emmy !

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Because x-fans around here are much more fanatical.
    Too bad, im very pasionatte for x men, i love marvel comics too but i dont know

February 2018:

THE PUNISHER #221
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) GUIU VILANOVA (A) Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    PUNISHER: WAR MACHINE PART 4
    * With a damaged suit of armor, Frank's got one hand tied behind his back going up against the rogue former S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.
    *But if they think a damaged suit is going to make Frank less dangerous, they've got another thing coming...
    32 pages, $3.99.

PUNISHER: THE PLATOON #6
    GARTH ENNIS (W) GORAN PARLOV (A/C)
    * The end of Lt. Frank Castle's first platoon.
    * The beginning of the Punisher?
    32 pages, $3.99.

I've finished watching all of The Punisher on Netflix and, without giving too much away, I'd say it's very good. Maybe not on par with Daredevil's first season, but certainly Daredevil's second season. Anyways, he's my brief synopsis/review of the sixth episode of #MarvelsThePunisher. A bit of breather until things really start going crazy by episode 7. I'll also be doing a review of the final episode next week:

The Punisher episode 6 review: The Judas Goat
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I'd put it as the equivalent of Daredevil Season 1; my two favorite Netflix marvel series, as of right now. Bernthal injected a lot of humanity into Castle. Russo was great as proto-Jigsaw. heck, I was even invested in the side characters.

Yup everyone was great... Micro, Karen, Sam, Madani, the Leiberman family.. everyone.

Fantastic Member

loved #218 of the punisher..

it was back to basics with this issue. I hope this kind of quality continues! although I did laugh at the "van dam" kick it was silly. but overall a good start.