Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Another great issue. Looking forward to seeing how he goes after Hydra and Baron Zemo. 3 more to go. Before the new number 1

I hope that Frank gets to make some bad guys face consequences, even if the other heroes don't agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that Frank gets to make some bad guys face consequences, even if the other heroes don't agree with him.
    He will. That's what Frank does.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

I flipped through this week's issue, but have not read it all the way through. (Been a long week.)

But, the "next issue" preview.... Is that a Sentinel?!?!?

Rosenberg's "the Punisher" is everything comics should be. Solid high-concept and unbound execution.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that he fails to make any character that I like face consequences (even moreso because he's just having a case of the guilts). but Faustus, Zola, Sin, Crossbones, and Viper are fair game. I won't be kept up nights if he plugs any of them. but we know how this plays out. he only kills the "unpopular" characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Rosenberg's "the Punisher" is everything comics should be. Solid high-concept and unbound execution.
    Yeah, Frank as War Machine was a good idea, and I've enjoyed Rosenberg's writing.

Too bad the WM stuff is coming to an end soon... I'll probably drop off at that point

Mighty Member

I trust Rosenberg enough that I plan to keep reading as long as he is still writing.

Finally had a chance to read the current issue. Rosenberg holds to the high concept, while adding plenty of humor.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Rosenberg continuing to write Frank is a plus. It just sucks because Frank's "fresh start," is anything but.

I'm enjoying the current arc unlike the last arc.

I'm ready for the relaunch, I know some people like Frank in the War Machine armor but it does nothing for me.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I always felt Frank's best stories were when he was integrated cleverly into the larger MCU. Otherwise, it just feels like a cookie cutter vigilante story to me. This is a PHENOMENAL way to have him interacting with the "capes."
    Exactly!!!

We all know that Frank Castle is the trashman of the MU, as he always cleans up the fodders quite neatly.

But his levels of prep, training, courage, guts and honor are something underappreciated because he doesn't interact that much with the bigger MU.

Rosenberg succeeds here with a clever story and plan and right now Punisher to me has gone from a cool character I liked but not a must have to the best series of the MU currently and I'm not even joking.

Simple, but so damn effective and great in it's execution.

I LOVE Rhodey but Tony must give him a new armor and name 'cause Frank has earned this SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Wooo!! #225 is one kick ass read!

I don't know if it's the single best issue of Punisher ever 'cause there's a lot of competition for that but, man, it's definitely gunning for that spot.

Seeing Frank use his wits to stay ahead of the superhero community is so goddamn satisfying. And he's killing a sh*t ton of criminals here, which is also satisfying.

If you've been loving this storyline so far, it's safe to say you're gonna keep on loving it! Awesome issue!!

Agreed 100%.

Preview of Next weeks 226 http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...unisher226.htm and then we have to wait a month for 227 and 228 at the end of July

Wow another amazing issue. Loved the surprise in the issue. Too bad we have to wait a whole month for 227.

would have been an amazing issue. but they decided to leave out Black Ant. and, for some strange reason, substitute in the Ghost (who wasn't part of Hydra-Cap's Secret Empire).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    would have been an amazing issue. but they decided to leave out Black Ant. and, for some strange reason, substitute in the Ghost (who wasn't part of Hydra-Cap's Secret Empire).
    I don't think leaving out Black Ant is that much of an issue. I mean...so what if he wasn't here? Yes, he had ties to the SE event but it's not like he was such a big player that he has to be included in any future reference of it. And certainly Ghost was a more effective person for Zemo to have around in this situation.

As for the issue itself, it was great. Marginally less so than the previous one, which was just perfection, but this was still a solid chapter. Frank had many choice moments here and I really liked that Zemo referenced Hydra Cap as the "real" Captain America and that he said that Hydra was on its way back. I'm anxious to see what Hydra and Hydra Cap's next play will be and it's good to be reminded that while they may have been defeated, they're far from being out of the picture.

Nice move by Nat at the end. Should be cool to see her and Frank team up to do some damage.

Also, bonus points for this issue for Rosenberg being able to write Clint and Bucky again. Loved how he wrote them in Tales of Suspense and he clearly has a blast putting the two of them together.