Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    On an unrelated note:

Look, I didn't actually read Secret Empire - because I only have so much money and don't like any of it going to things with Nick Spencer's name on them - but I kept up with its goings-on via the boards here since some comics I liked had tie-ins. I knew about Castle joining Hydra, even though Becky Cloonan chose to essentially ignore it (a decision I agreed with then and still do now). Thing is, since we're now actively dealing with it in Punisher, I gotta ask - did Secret Empire ever explain WHY Castle signed up with Hydra? Because Rosenberg seems to be dancing around the 'why' and just skipping to 'welp I guess he's real apologetic about it!'. It's actively distracting from my enjoyment of the book.

Please, please don't let the answer just be Frank's supposedly deep affection for/loyalty to Captain America. That notion held zero water back in Civil War and it's no better now.
    It's the right answer and yes it is an incredibly stupid and nonsensical.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-18-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

The idea was that the Punisher trusted Captain America (a living ideal) to do the right thing. As much as I do not like Spencer, this was thematically consistent with the premise of "Secret Empire", not putting blind trust in institutions. (And, to be fair, that premise is sound.)

And, I believe that Captain America promised to return the Punisher's family from the dead.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

has the Punisher ever been taken into space on another planet?

SHIELD knows about him, etc., why does the mainstream hero community still feel they want to "shut him down" for good?

I still want to see Frank take on some unexpected villains, even if he can't "kill" them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has the Punisher ever been taken into space on another planet?

SHIELD knows about him, etc., why does the mainstream hero community still feel they want to "shut him down" for good?

I still want to see Frank take on some unexpected villains, even if he can't "kill" them.
    There was an entire mini dedicated to the Punisher in space. It was actually called Space Punisher.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Isn't he the new cosmic Ghost Rider too?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yep. I put myself down for it. His origin is badass.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's not Frank 616 though, the Cosmic Ghost Rider is from another universe or timeline I had thought that has bled over into our universe.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Cosmic Ghost Rider was amazing!!!

Check it out guys.

Frank spitting with Odin was funny to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Cosmic Ghost Rider was amazing!!!

Check it out guys.

Frank spitting with Odin was funny to me.
    Great first issue. Can't imagine how crazy this series is going to get.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It would be nice if Marvel brought Frank and my favourite Fist of Konshu together. Please guys, let me know if this has happened already.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    It would be nice if Marvel brought Frank and my favourite Fist of Konshu together. Please guys, let me know if this has happened already.
    Several times, you must be a newer reader in the last decade. Google search 'Punisher Moon Knight covers' for some help. I'll post the 3 I liked back in the day!
    Punisher MK 1.jpg Punisher MK 20.jpg Punisher MK 21.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Great first issue. Can't imagine how crazy this series is going to get.
    Me either.

Frank being all puzzled with baby Thanos was hilarious.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Of course, everybody tells me "go read the Rucka run" *after* I get back from a geographically difficult comic shop that I only visit a few times a year.

I wonder how much of this is that the character is not defined enough for the writers to feel bound, and how much is intentionally portraying Black Widow as unprincipled (which she absolutely is).

I wonder how long the characters will "remember" that stuff. Clearly, they remember it in this run. But, it is rare for stuff from one event to be remembered more than one or two events later. (Hey, remember when Speedball's feckless antics resulted in hundreds of deaths, and he was legitimately penitent? Don't worry. Nobody else does either.)
    Add my voice to the "read Rucka's Punisher" - it's Rucka at his best, and Marco Checchetto's art is amazing. Carmine di Giamenoco's art when Checchetto had to stop isn't as good, but it's still really solid. (I got all of the run on digital, but I know some don't enjoy that as much.)

Interesting comment on Widow as being "unprincipled". I would have said that she's generally principled...until Secret Empire and her "resurrection."

I totally remember Penance. That was great.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Several times, you must be a newer reader in the last decade. Google search 'Punisher Moon Knight covers' for some help. I'll post the 3 I liked back in the day!
    Punisher MK 1.jpg Punisher MK 20.jpg Punisher MK 21.jpg
    Thanks, you're awesome. I'm not well versed with pre Ennis material

Mighty Member

Add my voice to the "read Rucka's Punisher" - it's Rucka at his best, and Marco Checchetto's art is amazing. Carmine di Giamenoco's art when Checchetto had to stop isn't as good, but it's still really solid. (I got all of the run on digital, but I know some don't enjoy that as much.)
    I recently saw part of Rucka's run at a semi-remote shop. (Good store in general. Fantastic store for people who are local to it. But, the location does not work for me.) It was the first volume. But, I was buying a birthday gift for a friend, and I did not see the rest of it. So.... *sigh*

Hopefully, Marvel will reprint it at some point.

On a semi-related note, I have had Edmonson's "Deathlok" sitting in my "to read" pile for about 3 months now.

And, issue 227 ships this week.
    Last edited by CentralPower; 07-09-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/