Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Eh, sucks to wait but it'll be worth it, I'm sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Eh, sucks to wait but it'll be worth it, I'm sure!
    I'm sure it will be really good. Like you said it just sucks a little bit that we have to wait more.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-17-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'd like to see some supervillains created for him, and his confrontations with them can really go wild, since they're not "a-list" villains that he's not allowed to kill.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Since I'm going to Trade Waiting I'm glad I'm not to affected by this. I was voluntarily creating a large gap of time in my reading anyway.
    Once the Legacy numbering ends I'm done with monthly Marvel. Life priorities taking over. This and Moon Knight are my last two ongoings. DC got this treatment years ago from me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

I am buying single issues. But, "the Punisher" is not the only series I read, so the delays are not going to have much of an impact on me.

Issue 227 was not quite as good as the last few. (But, the double cross by Widow and Winter Soldier was intersting.)

Does anybody know if Marvel is planning to use Rosenberg's run on this series to tie off Captain Hydra, by having him die in this run, so other writers and editors do not have to deal with him?
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I am buying single issues. But, "the Punisher" is not the only series I read, so the delays are not going to have much of an impact on me.

Issue 227 was not quite as good as the last few. (But, the double cross by Widow and Winter Soldier was intersting.)

Does anybody know if Marvel is planning to use Rosenberg's run on this series to tie off Captain Hydra, by having him die in this run, so other writers and editors do not have to deal with him?
    No way they kill of this character.

He's going to play a big part in other stories down the line, guaranteed.

Mighty Member

I will take your word for it. But, I recall the Maker and the Maestro being pushed no too long ago. (You may be asking "the who and the what?" Exactly.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I have the preview for next week's Big ending to the Punisher War Machine Story. http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...unisher228.htm
    Hey Marvel if your listening how bout a what if Punisher War Machine or something this.Punisher 4 horsemen.jpg

Mighty Member

Does anyone hate it when people call Frank a one-note character with guns? (or something of the sort.) I think he's much more layered than people give him credit for. One of the few Marvel characters I sympathize with. Maybe those folks focus too much on the violence and not on Frank himself?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Does anyone hate it when people call Frank a one-note character with guns? (or something of the sort.) I think he's much more layered than people give him credit for. One of the few Marvel characters I sympathize with. Maybe those folks focus too much on the violence and not on Frank himself?
    I don't hate it I just ignore their stupidity.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Just read 228. All I can say is the ending was perfect. And set up the new number 1. This felt like a Greg Rucka style ending. And Rosenberg is definitely the best writer for Punisher.

Can someone post spoilers please? Was Tony in it a lot and was it at least a cool fight?

I really wanted him to kill Stevil
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

All-New Member

That was it for me.

Frank and the War Machine armor seemed like a perfect fit. I've always read Tony in his armor over the years. It was nice to see someone with a dark side in the armor. There could have been so much more. The stories
    that could have been told. The other characters in the Marvel Universe he could crossed paths with.

Comics have become so boring and uneventful. This was so far from the sexual orientation or gender swapping that the industry is constantly shoving down our throats. Finally a title I could sit back and smiling with every page I turned. Something
    was working and they decided to go in a different direction?? Well, so will I.

Please don't tell me to give this direction a chance, I'm 100% unhappy Frank is out of the armor and I don't want to read or see anything else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SymbioteCastle View Post
    Just read 228. All I can say is the ending was perfect. And set up the new number 1. This felt like a Greg Rucka style ending. And Rosenberg is definitely the best writer for Punisher.
    Yes, yes, yes to all of this!!

I was VERY happy with how this wrapped up. Rosenberg gets Frank like few other writers. He's starting to rival Ennis in my mind as the premiere Punisher scribe.

He was able to have Frank "lose" here but yet not seem out-classed. And yeah, the ending tees up the next volume nicely.

And those preview pages of the new #1 - holy sh*t do they look good!!!