Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think it was implied that he was insulted someone would bother shooting at him and he didnt' realize it until it was too late that his shield wasn't going to work. His arrogance killed him more than anything.
    Except he and Stark had time to have a conversation. He's just not the kind of character who does that. He's an extremely aggressive character, almost feral. When someone shoots at him, he dodges, and he counter-attacks with immense savagery.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Except he and Stark had time to have a conversation. He's just not the kind of character who does that. He's an extremely aggressive character, almost feral. When someone shoots at him, he dodges, and he counter-attacks with immense savagery.
    I read it as his shield slowed down the bullet, but, as stated in the comic, by the time he noticed the bullet wouldn't stop, he would have to drop his shield to get out of the way but he isn't fast enough to dodge a bullet THAT close to him.

Are their any bullet timing feats that show he could have moved out of hte way a bullet 2 inches from his face?

I mena, do you have somewhat recent example of mandarin acting like you are proposing? He hasn't been very prominent in a long time no?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

A shield wouldn't be his go-to move to begin with. He's not Magneto. His ability to cast a shield is extremely limited and kind of crappy(the one thing this story gets right), so he doesn't depend on it. In fact I think I can count on one hand the number of times he's cast a shield. His go-to move would have been dodging and counter-attacking.

Yeah, this is gonna get retconned into a fake at the speed of light. This guy was waaayyy too passive and slow to be the real Mandarin. He's going to pop up in Iron Man laughing about how anyone was stupid enough to be fooled by such a slow, passive fake.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 08-23-2018 at 08:27 AM.

A shield wouldn't be his go-to move to begin with. He's not Magneto. His ability to cast a shield is extremely limited and kind of crappy(the one thing this story gets right), so he doesn't depend on it. In fact I think I can count on one hand the number of times he's cast a shield. His go-to move would have been dodging and counter-attacking.

Yeah, this is gonna get retconned into a fake at the speed of light. This guy was waaayyy too passive and slow to be the real Mandarin. He's going to pop up in Iron Man laughing about how anyone was stupid enough to be fooled by such a slow, passive fake.

Where has it shown for mandarin to be a bullet timer? I am honestly asking, i don't have much of a history with the characte.r

But... they did just bring him back alive for this story and then immediately kill him off. It could actually stick (as much as villain deaths stick anyway). Not like anyone is using the dude
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

he could have just cast an illusion..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Yeah I think there are a number of possibilities and we're obviously going to find out more throughout this opening arc. But hey, Happy Overreaction Thursday, right?

That would be a good choice for how to retcon it. He was doing the movie Loki trick of creating multiple illusory versions of himself 50 years before movie Loki.

With Roxxon making an appearance is it possible Frank might cross paths with a fellow service man Weapon H.

BANNED

I was disappointed to see the War Machine plot end in the previous run, that thing was pure gold and Marvel should have kept that going...

Anyway, decided to give this a shot because Rosenberg, but Punisher #1 surprisingly wasn't as good as I hoped it would be.

Biggest problem, I didn't like Zemo's portrayal. That guy is supposed to be bad ass, and him sucking up to the Roxxon dude was just painful to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I was disappointed to see the War Machine plot end in the previous run, that thing was pure gold and Marvel should have kept that going...

Anyway, decided to give this a shot because Rosenberg, but Punisher #1 surprisingly wasn't as good as I hoped it would be.

Biggest problem, I didn't like Zemo's portrayal. That guy is supposed to be bad ass, and him sucking up to the Roxxon dude was just painful to see.
    He didn't suck up to anyone. He just didn't react to Agger's dismissive behavior. I would say that Helmut has matured. His alliances are many. And he seems to have some pull in Bagallia.

He didn't suck up to anyone. He just didn't react to Agger's dismissive behavior. I would say that Helmut has matured. His alliances are many. And he seems to have some pull in Bagallia.
    The name "Bagallia" is interesting, as it seems to be rooted in "bag", and "Bacchanalia"

https://www.etymonline.com/word/bag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacchanalia

Bag has a lot of ugly implications, including stealing and killing game. Bacchanalia is obvious. This is a land for predators to kill and steal and party, would seem to be the implications of fusing the two words.

Quote Originally Posted by SymbioteCastle View Post
    With Roxxon making an appearance is it possible Frank might cross paths with a fellow service man Weapon H.
    Always possible. Especially since Frank's been interacting more with the rest of the MU lately. Wouldn't mind seeing it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post

Dario Agger isn't just some "Roxxon dude." He's a heavy hitter in his own right who could go toe to toe with Thor.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Dario_Agger_(Earth-616)

And regardless, Zemo didn't suck up to him.

Zemo is out of his weightclass dealing with Borjigin and Agger, and behaves that way. If he seems out of character, it's because he's usually dealing with paid henchmen.

Well he was just second in command to evil Steve Rogers, the leader of the "free" world.