Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast

Just read issue 2. It looks like everything has been kicked up a notch. I think marvel should make an another animated punisher movie featuring both the war machine story and this when it finishes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SymbioteCastle View Post
    Just read issue 2. It looks like everything has been kicked up a notch. I think marvel should make an another animated punisher movie featuring both the war machine story and this when it finishes.
    Awww man, can't wait to read this issue!

BANNED

Ok, just read it and daaaaaaaamn!!

Rosenberg and the Punisher continues to be a match made in a blood-splattered heaven.

My one minor quibble with issue #1 was that Rosenberg "gets" Frank's voice better than most writers but yet Frank was largely silent in that issue, which made me worry that this volume would just keep going that route. Thankfully, though, Frank's got himself quite a bit more to say this time around so I'm happy. Rosenberg has such a knack for making Frank's dry way of communicating hilarious without actually having him try to sound funny that I'd hate to see him ever try and do a Punisher run like Rucka's where Frank barely spoke.

Also, one thing I never get tired of is seeing the heroes of the MU underestimate Frank and there's some choice examples of that here. I never thought I'd see Frank throw down with Iron Fist but we get it here!

This was a top-notch issue all around with Rosenberg doubling down on Frank's challenges.

Anyone who ditched this title when the War Machine armor went away needs to come back and take a look - if anything, it's only gotten more hardcore!
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 09-26-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Mighty Member

I bought, but have yet to read, issue 1 of the post-War Machine armor run. Issue 2 is in my pull-file.

My real question: Has the second compilation of Rosenberg's previous run ("War Crimes") shipped yet? (And, maybe I will catch up on the current series before issue three ships....)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Whenever I read Punisher’s dialogue, all I hear is Jon Bernthal‘s voice. So much so that I even read it as “red” whenever he addressed DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Whenever I read Punisher’s dialogue, all I hear is Jon Bernthal‘s voice. So much so that I even read it as “red” whenever he addressed DD.
    Not dolph lundgren's?

finally making my way to watching the Punisher season one show on Netflix.

Episode one. WOW!!!!!!! Incredible. I hope that the remaining episodes are also intense and enjoyable.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Not dolph lundgren's?
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Episode one. WOW!!!!!!! Incredible. I hope that the remaining episodes are also intense and enjoyable.
    Punisher Season 1 is still my favorite Netflix marvel shows

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

Punisher Season 1 is still my favorite Netflix marvel shows
    Same. And not just Marvel. Its one of my favorite Netflix shows. Bernthal is fantastic. Any time Micro and Frank share a scene is pure gold.

Finally made it through the Netflix Season.
    Excellent, from beginning to end! Frank really gets physically abused throughout the narrative, and he manages to get through it without Wolverine's healing factor!

Ended a different way than I was expecting, which turned out to be a good thing. All the main characters had intriguing arcs, there were no "filler" episodes, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in a future season.
    I would also suggest that Agent Madani gets brought into the comics.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-18-2018 at 09:24 AM.

BANNED

I really enjoyed the first season for the most part, but they absolutely HAVE to truly turn Frank into The Punisher right from the get-go in Season 2.

None of this “trying to find himself” stuff.

We’ve had the 2nd season of Daredevil, we’ve had a full season of his own show for that stuff.

He needs to accept that this is who he is now and start murdering the sh*t out of criminals. No military/government conspiracies, no thought given as to if what he’s doing is right or wrong. Don’t be concerned with making Frank “relatable”.

I want to see pure Punisher throughout.

I really liked "Jigsaw" in the Netflix series. he totally earned that *** kicking but was still a layered character (much moreso than some of the movie villains).

Ben Barnes was incredible in the first season. Really felt like it was HIS origin story. Can't wait to see where they go.

Frank was namedropped in the first episode of DD season 3. Nothing of significance at all, but still always a treat when he's referenced.

BANNED

Hey, issue #3 came out this week and it was bad ass! For the most part, it's one big action scene with DD and Frank taking on the goons that Zemo sent to kill Frank. DD doesn't want Frank to use lethal force but Frank ain't having that. High body count ensues.

A last page reveal of a very familiar face puts a shocking cap on another killer issue. Love this run!!