Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUScowboy View Post
    but if it DOSENT turn out to be Hurt and/or March there are gonna be some seriously p.o.ed CBR posters.
    Yea. Lincoln could be. I bet Snyder and them won't use Hurt because he'll be viewed as moreso Grant's character. (of course Pyg and Damian and etc counterargue this, but still)

I want it to be Hurt the most, but I just doubt it.

Incredible Member

I always thought it might be Lincoln and the Court as Eternal's Big Bad, since that was Snyder's creation, but I'd be alright with Hurt. Actually, I'd be alright with anyone, since we wouldn't have a choice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AUScowboy View Post
    Ill dig it either way, but if it DOSENT turn out to be Hurt and/or March there are gonna be some seriously p.o.ed CBR posters.
    There are gonna be some seriously PO'd CBR posters no matter what.

Extraordinary Member

I don't really feel that having Batman and co. face a gauntlet of chessmasters was the greatest idea, especially since none of them seem to be cooperating competently. Hush, Falcone, Blackfyre, Riddler, Ra's-they're all big name, big scheme villains. You put that many Machiavellian manipulator sin the same storyline, they should be operating together, or having much more internal warfare with each other, kind of like Hush vs Falcone, but constantly. Instead, they all seem just thrown at Batman, far too few are curious about who's manipulating them, and other villains, like Bane, Penguin, and Scarecrow, all who should be lead villains in their own right, are being reduced to cannon fodder.

I still like parts of this weekly a lot, but it would work so much better if either they had a focused and well paced story (like the first half) or multiple series to focus on the different plotlines (having Steph and Harper waste another two pages doing what could be done in two panels is frustrating, and these last two months have been slow and meandering, with far too many wasted moments (where does Steph get her costume? How did Catwoman actually establish her power? When was Harper getting any training? Why are all these villains just now showing up for one issue when we could have had a lot more fun exploring their individual schemes?)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

shouldn't ra's be a rather large hint towards hurt? its not impossible that they might have crossed paths over the centuries?

as for joker not mentioning digging hurt up; perhaps, in joker's mind, he doesn't matter?
    he knew bruce would somehow triumph; he really only needed the distraction in order to set up his own punchlines for endgame.

that, or one of darkseid's underlings had him dug up as payback for bruce's little jaunt to armaghetto?

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    For some reason, March isn't on Batman's possible list of people doin bad things:

Luthor, E3 Owlman, Dr. Hurt, Ra's, Joker, Hush...and that other dude.
    srsly guys. Would the true villain be anyone Batman actually suspects? March is the only one not on this list.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    There are gonna be some seriously PO'd CBR posters no matter what.
    Haha, this is very true. Disproportionate anger on CBR is like a universal constant. It's too bad the original Grayson thread was deleted with the old board as that was a gold mine of sputtering outrage.

Astonishing Member

regarding bruce not suspecting march; is it maybe to do with the theory that march has no apparent assets to pull it off?

calvin presumably informed bruce about the court's current status. if they've managed to re-seize the assets march tried to rob from them and dealt with the power vaccum; then they'll have a fair few of their remaining talons hunting him. and he, being an owl themed ninja zombie with ha famous face, can't exactly go extract any of his more legitimate funds.

or it could be that same subconcious spot that already has Bruce thinking march is his brother (from the same annual where we were introduce to certain arkham staff)

Why was Batman so bothered about getting the Arkham doctor at the airport? I thought the Arkham portion was all to do with Blackfire and endd after the Spectre showed up?

What is the Arkham Doctor supposed to have done?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Fan View Post
    Why was Batman so bothered about getting the Arkham doctor at the airport? I thought the Arkham portion was all to do with Blackfire and endd after the Spectre showed up?

What is the Arkham Doctor supposed to have done?
    Milo was using chemistry, apparently magically-attuned chemicals to mind-control the Arkham inmates. Magpie, for instance, we saw him controlling her. (Classically Milo is a guy who uses a lot of crazy gasses to make people hallucinate - something Morrison pointed at with the whole "I shall hang up my cape" mind attack - the various Silver Age trippy psychedelic flashbacks were mostly ascribed to Professor Milo's attacks back in the day), as well as his inclusion in Arkham Asylum: A Serious House).

Somebody else besides Milo was directing Joker's Daughter (probably Joker as Border), but all the occult rituals to resurrect Deacon Blackfire? Maxie Zeus as a carrier, Ten-Eyed Man screwing with Croc's Underground, as well as tormenting Scarecrow and Professor Pyg specifically? That seems to all be what Milo was doing.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

He was also given an invitation by this "mastermind" to sow chaos in Gotham.

His shenanigans led to Arkham blowing up and some of the inmates escaping.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    He was also given an invitation by this "mastermind" to sow chaos in Gotham.

His shenanigans led to Arkham blowing up and some of the inmates escaping.
    Yeah, that makes all five, right?

Falcone (Muscle: Initiates the gang war, takes Penguin out of play). Hush (Revengist: Shuts down Gotham's infrastructure and takes Wayne Enterprises out of play). Mad Hatter (Tech Guy: Runs amok as a plague in the Narrows, and is connected to the wild goose chase they sent the Bat-Kids on down south). Professor Milo (Occult Guy: Trashes Arkham with mind control and magic). Riddler (Skips town because Batman's Moriarty doesn't play bit parts - it's possible with Riddler declining, there's another "Fifth" Man out there working for the Big Bad).
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

^^ Great explanations there cheers.

a March/Hurt team-up would be great. but I don't know, that very first page, the end, makes it seem there is only one big bad. It could be deception of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    a March/Hurt team-up would be great. but I don't know, that very first page, the end, makes it seem there is only one big bad. It could be deception of course.
    That's easy enough to work around. March and Hurt are a team, but when it gets down to the beginning of the first issue, March takes Hurt out to establish March as the one Big Bad.

Then of course Batman takes March down, and we head out to where Endgame begins.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"