Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default New to the forums and DC - Love Batman!

Hello. Im a huuuuuugeee Batman fan since i can remember but up untill a few months ago i never read a american version of any DC comics, mainly due to them being hard to get where i live. I have been a comic book fan since i can remember but so far its been only italian comics. Recently i started putting more of my money on DC. Starting with The New 52 Batman. Got all 5 trades and loved them! Especially The Owls Arc. Also got the first volume of Superman and Flash trades, Futures End and Batman Eternal. Now im waiting for Justice League trades cause i heard they were really awesome! I also discovered that Injustice Gods Among Us is a very VERY interesting story, wich also im planning on getting. I havent tried Detective Comics from Batman or Batman and Robin comics. What do you guys recommend i should get from Batman trades that i allready dont have? Feel free to advise! Thanks!

We can never get enough Batman! It won't do any harm to get it all but these are my particular New52 Batman trade recommendations:

Detective vols 3, 4 and 6
    Batman Incorporated both volumes
    All of Batman and Robin
    All of Batman/Superman although first story of 2nd vol isn't that great
    The Dark Knight vols 3 and 4 (volume 1 is actually my favourite but everyone else hates it)

There's a separate section if you want to focus on the Batman-and-family side of the house:
    http://community.comicbookresources....y.php?9-Batman

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There's a separate section if you want to focus on the Batman-and-family side of the house:
    http://community.comicbookresources....y.php?9-Batman
    Thanks! Didnt know that! I dont really want to make a exact same topic again......

Quote Originally Posted by Joso1000 View Post
    Thanks! Didnt know that! I dont really want to make a exact same topic again......
    Try this link
    http://community.comicbookresources....-Recent-Events

Pretty helpful page for new readers

A couple of recently new Bat-related books you may want to look over if you get to a comic book shop are

Gotham Academy

and

Gotham by Midnight

Another one I'm not reading but many people seem to like is

Grayson, the story of Dick Grayson after he's given up the Nightwing identity.

Incredible Member

Hello. Im a huuuuuugeee Batman fan since i can remember but up untill a few months ago i never read a american version of any DC comics, mainly due to them being hard to get where i live. I have been a comic book fan since i can remember but so far its been only italian comics. Recently i started putting more of my money on DC. Starting with The New 52 Batman. Got all 5 trades and loved them! Especially The Owls Arc. Also got the first volume of Superman and Flash trades, Futures End and Batman Eternal. Now im waiting for Justice League trades cause i heard they were really awesome! I also discovered that Injustice Gods Among Us is a very VERY interesting story, wich also im planning on getting. I havent tried Detective Comics from Batman or Batman and Robin comics. What do you guys recommend i should get from Batman trades that i allready dont have? Feel free to advise! Thanks!
    Welcome kid.

All-New Member

Thanks MajorHoy, but actually im not that interested in entire Bat-family, only Batman himself, maybe Robin but even him only if its Dick Grayson, hes the only Robin in my eyes . Ive heard alot of good things about Injustice arc, and Justice League TN52. I live in Croatia, so theres no place for me to get single issues here, im actually forced to get trade paperbacks from amazon. So far, i liked Snyder stories the most. I gotta say, i love the changes to the costumes DC made for Batman and Superman in TN52.

Welcome aboard, Joso!

Can't recommend the current run of Detective Comics enough. A new creative team came on in #30, and it's been a real solid run so far. The first trade for that run (vol. 6) comes out in May. Worth checking out!
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Thanks MajorHoy, but actually im not that interested in entire Bat-family, only Batman himself, maybe Robin but even him only if its Dick Grayson, hes the only Robin in my eyes . Ive heard alot of good things about Injustice arc, and Justice League TN52. I live in Croatia, so theres no place for me to get single issues here, im actually forced to get trade paperbacks from amazon. So far, i liked Snyder stories the most. I gotta say, i love the changes to the costumes DC made for Batman and Superman in TN52.
    You're kind of missing out.

Grayson and Batgirl are actually better than Batman's books.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Definitely use that link MajorHoy sent and try some pre-New 52 Batman trades.

It's not just Snyder's period that has some classic important Batman tales. Batman Year One, The Killing Joke, Hush, The Cult, Blind Justice, Venom, Prey, Gothic, etc, etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    You're kind of missing out.

Grayson and Batgirl are actually better than Batman's books.
    That's one person's opinion, though.

I'm assuming you have been buying the various Bat-related comic books for a while now and have somewhat easier access to a wide variety of comic books. The OP says he (she?) lives in Croatia and "but up until a few months ago I never read an American version of any DC comics". So many Batman stories that may seem to be old news and just copies of previous tales are probably fresher and newer to someone who doesn't have ready access to a local comic book shop.

Personally, I like some of the Bat-characters stories more than many of the main Batman stuff, but it's a question here of what may best suit the OP's tastes / convenience of access. (And while I haven't read Grayson, that first issue of the post-Simone New 52 Batgirl was just dreadful as far as I was concerned.)

BANNED

If you liked Scott Snyder's Batman, then pick up Batman: The Black Mirror. It's his best Bat story. Also Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: Dark Victory.

All-New Member

Well, atm Justice League volume 1 and 2 are on the way, planning on ordering Injustice soon, as well as Killing Joke. Now im gonna explore on Dark Knight Returns and Black Mirror. What do you have to say about this story http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Earth...J192DEMGKV2SC?

Thanks to everyone's suggestions, and keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by Joso1000; 02-25-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's one person's opinion, though.
    Well most new DC readers probably automatically assume that Batman's books are cream of the crop, and everything else is not up to par....which is not true.

I'm sure new Marvel readers also assume that Spider-Man or X-Men are the best Marvel books, which is definitely not true