Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

As I said previously, I'm really enjoying the book, I've een a big fan since the beginning, but I'm just not into the Arkham stuff. If you are, more power to you, I'll be glad when the section of the story is OVER. Overall, I'll give the book a 4.5 out of 5 with the . for bringing back Stephanie and introducing Julia. Best new character in forever!

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    As I said previously, I'm really enjoying the book, I've een a big fan since the beginning, but I'm just not into the Arkham stuff. If you are, more power to you, I'll be glad when the section of the story is OVER. Overall, I'll give the book a 4.5 out of 5 with the . for bringing back Stephanie and introducing Julia. Best new character in forever!
    Julia Pennyworth has been around since the early 80's.

Apart from the first name the Julia Pennyworth of Batman Eternal is indeed a brand new creation though. The first was a civilian and largely functioned as a love interest to Bruce Wayne, the second is elite military and active mission support and field op. IF we find out later her mother was also the French agent Marie then yeah she may have more in common with the first Julia.

Likewise Jason Bard. First guy was a private dick (never a cop), close ally to Barbara Gordon and at one point Batman's street-level "eyes and ears" in daylight hours. If the new guy was called Henry McBumbum you'd never now he was supposed to be a New 52 Jason Bard.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Default Comicvine Batman Eternal finale solit

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...s/1100-150648/

Batman Eternal #52 Solicit - Final Issue
    This month in BATMAN ETERNAL: The epic Bat-story over a year in the making comes to a stunning end! Gotham City is in flames! Villains are running wild in the streets! Bat-tech has been corrupted! And the mastermind behind it all has put a knife in Batman’s ribs! How will the Dark Knight put an end to this nightmare…and how will it shape the face of Gotham City to come?

4266468-bmetrl_cv51w.jpg
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 12-09-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

dun dun dun

Average art, loose ends tied off, Updated Batgirl, Filler issue.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Ha at the end reveal. I'm going to end up being right about everything, aren't I?

Also, this was good.

BANNED

Thought the dialogue felt really stiff this episode. Harper's speech at the beginning, Bard's whole motive reveal, etc. It felt off. And I really hope they're not trying to make Tim and Harper a thing. The whole Jason and Barbara "tease", as brief as it was, was cringey enough.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Enjoyable issue, especially as it wrapped up many of the loose ends and teased the final act.

So Batman and Robin is officially set either before or during the early stages of Eternal (since babs was wearing her old outfit in b&r and now she is wearing her new one in Eternal).

Tim and Harper being a couple was set up long ago, now we're getting pay off.

Incredible Member

Not getting books til tomorrow, please everyone don't reveal Jason's motive in this thread. If someone must, PLEASE put spoiler alert so it can be avoided. THANHS!

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    Not getting books til tomorrow, please everyone don't reveal Jason's motive in this thread. If someone must, PLEASE put spoiler alert so it can be avoided. THANHS!
    To be doubly sure, just avoid this thread until you read the book tomorrow. Its not that long of a wait

Where is this "we" coming from with Tim? Bruce and Julia took down Hush. By the way, the end revel, bwahaha!

julia is getting pretty close to batman. Alfred better watch out batman's love interests have a tendency to die

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Where is this "we" coming from with Tim? Bruce and Julia took down Hush. By the way, the end revel, bwahaha!
    Tim wants to feel included.

Also, that last page reveal, spoilers:
    I did not see that coming.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    julia is getting pretty close to batman. Alfred better watch out batman's love interests have a tendency to die
    Batman has already revealed his secret identity to her, they're practically in a relationship now!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Also, that last page reveal, spoilers:
    I did not see that coming.
    end of spoilers
    You should read the solicits, haha.