Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Gotham Academy, #3

Olive Silverlock and company continue to explore the supernatural side of school in "Gotham Academy" #3, even as we learn more about the interpersonal relationships between the characters.

Full review here.

Glad to hear this is still good, I'm gonna jump on when the first trade rolls out. From the sounds of it it's not TOO connected with the rest of the Batman line; I don't read any of those so while I would miss the lil' inside jokes and references, it's still a full enough story to enjoy on its own.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I'd say trade waiting on this book is a good idea. The characters are cute and the whole story builds up this sense of mystery but I dunno I find this kind of mystery feels a little slow for a monthly pay off. It's not bad I just feel this book will read infinitly better as a whole.

On the otherhand this industry is run by imbeciles and trade waiting gets books cancelled so try and get monthlies if you do end up liking the trade.

Ya, to be honest the plot is starting to feel a bit slow. Still the characters are quite enjoyable.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaygarrick'shelmet View Post
    I'd say trade waiting on this book is a good idea. The characters are cute and the whole story builds up this sense of mystery but I dunno I find this kind of mystery feels a little slow for a monthly pay off. It's not bad I just feel this book will read infinitly better as a whole.
    I don't disagree, but I feel like this book won't last long if everyone trade waits. I'm too scared to check how it's selling now.

But yeah, I feel like this would have worked better in some kind of OGN format release.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

i don't know if this should be considered as spoiler or not...
    but her mom appeared recently in other book..
    Arkham Manor #2...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    i don't know if this should be considered as spoiler or not...
    but her mom appeared recently in other book..
    Arkham Manor #2...
    Oh damn, that's cool. Will check this out! Thanks.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

If you're tradewaiting on this, you officially have NO GROUND to ever complain why the big 2 aren't producing quality, outside of the box comics.

Astonishing Member

Word. . . .

I think the biggest reason I enjoy this title is that is feels like a Saturday morning cartoon for me. It really encapsulates everything I enjoy about the medium. I agree it does feel a little slow moving but I enjoy that it's trying to peel back the onion a bit.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

Well, it's the only monthly title I'm buying, and I definitely enjoy it, even if it is a bit slow paced.
    Really curious to find out whether the going-ons really are supernatural or not.

My LCS finally got their re-orders of #3 in today, so I just read it. I agree with Big Geek's assessment: it feels like a fun Saturday morning cartoon. The characters are so much fun, and I'm enjoying the mystery. I don't find the pacing a problem at all. Maps continues to make me smile every time she's around. I loved the scene of her slipping a note to Colton, with its formal-looking breakdown of mission assignment and skills (just like my friends and I used to do as kids), and then the panel of her silently peaking over the wall with Olive to see if he got it. Haha!

I recall an interview with writers Becky Cloonan and Brenden Fletcher saying the first arc would be four issues. If that's still holding true, we should finally get some answers about things next month. Either way, looking forward to #4.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010