Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    There was just so many things that I enjoyed about this particular issue of the Hulk. In fact, it's one of the most memorable and interesting issues since the days of Greg Pak & Peter David.
    So true AND for all intents and purposes this was essentially a pause-in-the-action issue too! Great stuff.

Doc Green's entrance into their lair, one inspired by a scene from a certain Stephen King film, is not only awesome... but freaking scary.
    Truth.

I cannot tell you how much I loved this issue, particularly that last part. It really brought a smile to my face. If I could, I'd give Gerry Duggan & Mark Bagley a strong hug, a firm handshake, and I'd probably buy them a couple of beers & a big steak.

This entire issue was incredible. The pace, the dialogue, the direction, and let's not forget Bagley's awesome art. That page involving 616-Maestro was truly awe-inspiring and awesome! The team on this book deserves a lot of praise and credit.
    Agreed. Bagley and co. drew Betty really cute in this issue too!
    Last edited by GreenScar; 12-04-2014 at 09:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gerryduggan View Post
    Unknown. They will certainly be asking - Damon & Jessup. I think in 10 or 11 there is a funny chat about that. As we learn more about what makes Doc Green tick, Lucenstern's absence might be kind of alarming. As for "topping issues", I try not to write in terms of - I mean, you always want to be better than the last time, but I had to lay some track to get here. Hulk 5 required some heavy lifting, and I think rather than play with a super clear cut hero as the Hulk, why not a complicated figure? Doc Green has punched anyone's head clean off, but I enjoy spending time with a conflicted character with that kind of power. Hulk's new intelligence is perhaps his most frightening muscle.

In Hulk 10...be careful what you wish for.

In Hulk 11 things get mighty complicated.
    Interesting... and scary. I have a feeling that she met a very grisly demise. I mean, if Doc Green threatened the life of the woman that Banner/Hulk once loved, I can't imagine he'd hesitate to dispatch someone who tried to kill him while he was puny Banner. All in all, I'm immensely enjoying this vastly intelligent and very dangerous Hulk persona.

I can't wait to see him snap and really cut loose! That's gonna be something to behold, 'cause even during his altercations with A-Bomb, Skaar, and Red She-Hulk... Doc Green was perfectly calm and placid. That's scary in the sense that if he's this formidable in a calm state, what is he gonna be like when he loses his temper? I think that's something we're all interested in finding out.

Red Hulk/Ross is an important player in this story, and the mythology of the character.
    Hopefully that won't stop Doc Green from snapping and killing Red Hulk in a Maestro-like fit of pure rage.

He doesn't sleep so as to minimize the threat that Banner may re-emerge and gain the upper hand, but he found sleeping fascinating. Maybe he'll do that more?
    I hope so. I can just picture Doc Green Maestro sitting in a throne constructed from Galactus' massive helmet while holding the freshly decapitated skull & spinal cord of Thanos in one of his gigantic hands.

BANNED

It's amazing to see so much enjoyment for a Hulk book here! It's been a long time.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I actually really love that calmness. He's up against everyone, even himself, but he just calmly works things into submission. I'm glad that he wasn't bluffing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I actually really love that calmness. He's up against everyone, even himself, but he just calmly works things into submission. I'm glad that he wasn't bluffing.
    Agreed. Also, I love how unpredictable he is, and unpredictability has been one of the best features of this book. It really can go anywhere, and, for that, I praise Mr. Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Agreed. Also, I love how unpredictable he is, and unpredictability has been one of the best features of this book. It really can go anywhere, and, for that, I praise Mr. Duggan.
    Came in to say exactly this. I have no idea where this is going, and the fact that Duggan's confirmed that he's writing past Omega Hulk just made my week. This is my first time reading Hulk and everyone who comes after this has a gigantic pair of purple pants to fill.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Came in to say exactly this. I have no idea where this is going, and the fact that Duggan's confirmed that he's writing past Omega Hulk just made my week. This is my first time reading Hulk and everyone who comes after this has a gigantic pair of purple pants to fill.
    Nice! Welcome to the Hulk world; I hope you stay for the long haul.

I'm actually going to go hunt for my old trades....Hulk turning into Maestro, crazy town. I've never been a full on Hulk fan, things they are a changing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersboy View Post
    I'm actually going to go hunt for my old trades....Hulk turning into Maestro, crazy town. I've never been a full on Hulk fan, things they are a changing.
    Which ones do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Which ones do you have?
    Future imperfect, The end and some older singles. That is just Hulk-centric though.

Spectacular Member

Gerry I love this book! Will we see any more of the Order of the Shield? Were they the organization Mark Waid intended to use? If not why did you use them and was it difficult to fit all the pieces together like you did. Once again great job and Doc Green is my favorite Hulk and I hope we see him for a long time!