Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I want to be upset by this turn of events--up until this point, I'd believed that the Hulk has an ulterior motive that would make sense to the reader at the climax of the story. Now it seems like Green is just plain evil.

OTOH, it occurs to me that the Hulk has generally not been a hero through his career. The early Stan Lee stuff generally presented a Hulk who was, if not evil, then certainly very unlikeable. So I guess this is par for who the Hulk is, just with more intellect.

BANNED

I feel like I've been saying this after every issue of Omega Hulk but, damn, Duggan and Bagley are killing it on this book! As good as it's been so far, though, this was a particularly bad ass chapter. Awesome to see Banner make his return and see how Doc Green has made his plans to retain control. Now we really know just how cunning and malevolent Doc Green is and how far he'll go to remain in the driver's seat. He is truly a mastermind. Hard to see how Banner will ever get the upper hand again but it's going to be incredible to see how things play out. This is definitely one of the best titles that Marvel is putting out right now. It might not have quite the spotlight on it that, say, the new Thor and Cap do but it's every bit as huge.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Well, don't hold back...spoil us. The preview dream sequence has me nervous for where things are going.
    me too......

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... great. more supervillain Hulk. Booo..
    Maybe. Maybe, not.

Doc Green hasn't hurt anyone...yet. He's a science hero for the moment. Though, his dreams might give you pause.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    I know Duggan said on twitter he'll be posting in the thread later so I have a question. Will we be seeing more of Kitty soon, since this issue hinted at her having potential powers she doesn't know of? It sounded a bit like a set-up story
    There is a bigger idea there, yes. I don't exactly know when or if I'll be able to use it, but I have some fun ideas. I haven't written much Kitty, but I have always enjoyed the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I do have one inquiry:

Will we learn what happened to Dr. Leucenstern after Doc Green confronted her about being the one who shot Banner?
    Unknown. They will certainly be asking - Damon & Jessup. I think in 10 or 11 there is a funny chat about that. As we learn more about what makes Doc Green tick, Lucenstern's absence might be kind of alarming. As for "topping issues", I try not to write in terms of - I mean, you always want to be better than the last time, but I had to lay some track to get here. Hulk 5 required some heavy lifting, and I think rather than play with a super clear cut hero as the Hulk, why not a complicated figure? Doc Green has punched anyone's head clean off, but I enjoy spending time with a conflicted character with that kind of power. Hulk's new intelligence is perhaps his most frightening muscle.

In Hulk 10...be careful what you wish for.

In Hulk 11 things get mighty complicated.

BANNED

So, dreams like this are part of the reason Doc never sleeps? It's strange, because he seemed to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by a2542 View Post
    The Maestro dream was pretty awesome. Doc Green ain't messing around, but I can't wait to see Rulk smashed out of continuity though.

Red Hulk/Ross is an important player in this story, and the mythology of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    So, dreams like this are part of the reason Doc never sleeps? It's strange, because he seemed to enjoy it.
    He doesn't sleep so as to minimize the threat that Banner may re-emerge and gain the upper hand, but he found sleeping fascinating. Maybe he'll do that more?

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I want to be upset by this turn of events--up until this point, I'd believed that the Hulk has an ulterior motive that would make sense to the reader at the climax of the story. Now it seems like Green is just plain evil.

OTOH, it occurs to me that the Hulk has generally not been a hero through his career. The early Stan Lee stuff generally presented a Hulk who was, if not evil, then certainly very unlikeable. So I guess this is par for who the Hulk is, just with more intellect.
    This Hulk is complicated. He may have more evolving to do. Or devolving perhaps, if it goes the other way - but he's still growing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gerryduggan View Post
    He doesn't sleep so as to minimize the threat that Banner may re-emerge and gain the upper hand, but he found sleeping fascinating. Maybe he'll do that more?
    Hmmm... That makes a lot of sense. I like it where this is going!
    Btw, is it possible that brain hemorrhage messed him up even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    WAIT a mintue, but spoilers:
    didn't a thing like this occured in PAD Hulk run back in the day ?
    end of spoilers
    I don't know which story you're talking out - he did write "Future Imperfect" of course, and that is required reading for everyone. He's one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Hmmm... That makes a lot of sense. I like it where this is going!
    Btw, is it possible that brain hemorrhage messed him up even more?
    It's not good, is it?

Doc Green has a really fun arc, not all comics get to say that. Like him, or love him, or hate him, I think we stuck the landing, so I'm very satisfied with THE OMEGA HULK. It leaves some fun threads to pull, too, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I was going to review this issue but after reading it... it honestly left me very indifferent (so I did an reaction shots post instead). This is pretty much the only Hulk book I have read besides Parker's Red Hulk book so all of the references to past or other parts of Hulk lore went completely over my head and meant nothing to me. The issue had a great villain moment from Doc Green, but otherwise, this issue was just kind of forgettable. It feels like the story is killing time until something big happens...
    I enjoy that comic book reviewer is in quotes on your profile. Avoid using "meh" at all costs, it makes you sound unable to articulate what you don't enjoy about a piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    That's another inquiry I'm wondering about. Hopefully Mr. Duggan will answer our questions soon, whether it be on here or in future issues. Perhaps Doc Green made a pact with the other personas?
    At the moment there is only one Hulk, and he is Doc Green.